1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

“We haven’t lost anything yet. We’ve lost out on progressing in Europe, but we haven’t lost out on the league or cups.”

Head scratching.

Slaw, oh bhoy, MJ9 and 3 others like this.
  2. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I can't be arsed with his comments at the moment.

Slaw likes this.
  3. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    The psychologist should be working with him not the players.

Sgt Neppers*, _DannyBhoy_ and Rendog like this.
  4. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Concerns me that not once has he said is their anything that he can do better hopefully in the dressing room the players have said something about that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Artorias likes this.
  5. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain

Maybe they are. Maybe their advice is "if you believe it enough Neil, it will happen". He is trying to believe he is a good manager, with a game plan and a grip on reality. :48:

Sonic Reducer likes this.
  6. Bellbhoy Gold Member Gold Member

I'm definitely in the camp who want him gone but when I hear their fans talking * about Lenny I still feel a need to defend him

7. Sgt Neppers*

I fear a win today will paper over the colossal cracks and give false hope to the small band of Lennys fans and more importantly, our board.

The damage is irreversible.

Peej likes this.
  8. Heb Celt

If we lose out on the Ten it won’t be Lennons fault any more it’ll be on the boards shoulders for not acting when they should have.The fans seen it months ago but they stayed silent and stuck with Lennon.Shame on them.

9. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Then again maybe a win today, is the start of a run of easy games that builds team confidence, and brings us on top of the league?

Bayern Bru and cat123 like this.
  10. Bonobhoy

This is the way i see it now, i thought he would walk on friday morning,he didnt,the board should have removed him,thanked him and went for another manager....They have not.

They have now fully backed him,its on their heads now.

The positive of the failing to get 10....Is that every single one of them will be gone the minute we loose it,no way Lawell,Lennon and half that squad keep their jobs.

Now onto the point of attempting to get behind them now,nothing else we can do...until its over.

11. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

You would think by now senior players who have all been winners , Brown, Calmac, Griff, Forest etc should be saying " enough is enough". They should be telling him to go back to the 2 up front , the high press etc which we done superbly after the winter break last season. Players should be demanding it, go back to what worked !!

12. oh bhoy

talks about losing out of millions of pounds as if its nothing when we all know our best players will be sold or new players wont be bought or both and this idiot just shruggs his shoulders.i cant phathom how lawwell the supposed financial expert is ok with the ridiculous monetary hit even if hes at ease with the absolute garbage on the pitch

13. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    I don’t know why he just doesn’t go good old four four two to get the extra striker and balance ..... I’m actually surprised a guy that’s so inept with tactics and drills hasn’t went 442 yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. CarmunnockBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    If we by * lose this game today, just take a moment to think that Lennon will still hold on to his role as an inept manager.

15. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Why would loosing 10 in a row make the board leave? The same board that has ran celtic to win 4 unprecedented never done before trebles and the first team in history to do 9 in a row twice. One year of loosing a league title after such dominance isnt a valid reason to sack an entire board.

16. Crilly

I actually don’t like Lennon at all anymore. His interview there is just insulting fans intelligence once again “we haven’t lost anything yet” well we lost between 30-40 million from getting knocked out of the CL qualifiers by a team I never heard of before then and we’ve lost a load of important points in the league. He’s threw every excuse going out there. And Aw it was worse back 10 years ago when I list this and that. So * what? Not very reassuring say oh well I’ve done much worse before. You’re doing * * now and saying things like only 1 league defeat to try twist it into us the fans over reacting. Look at the teams form in the last 10 games. Look at the amount of goals conceded. Look at the state of the formations and tactics on the pitch. He can ask my hairy bollox.

_DannyBhoy_ and RiquelmeCSC like this.
  17. Crilly

“You look at what you believe in. You have to be honest with yourself and ask: 'Is this working? Are you good enough? Have you got the tactical nous?” Em well no it’s not working, no you are not good enough and yer tactically inept by the look of things. Does he even know what he does be saying like? Is he that deluded?

oh bhoy likes this.
  18. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    My teeth were grating reading that , utter * delusional pish !!

19. Sgt Neppers*

Maybe, but the run of form is showing otherwise. Declining quickly. Not as quickly as my faith in our delusional, selfish arrogant manager that is.

And the irreversible damage i mentioned, is more to do with certain players. Lenny is never winning them back. So that would suggest that wins against Ross County are achievable, but better teams, like Aberdeen are gonna be tense and anything else will be brutal.

seanm likes this.
  20. seanm

true that.HH