1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

John Kennedy

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by LectersLuncheon, May 15, 2016.

Discuss John Kennedy in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JamesM09

Mate that is ridiculous. I want Lennon out too and I’m not sure about Kennedy, but saying our defence has been a state for 5 or 6 years (record break years, btw) and then going a step further to blame the fictional problems on a coach ‘because he was a defender’ is embarrassing. Take a step back.

To my understanding we have no idea if he’s the defensive coach or what other factors are at play here.

I’m not saying one way or another, I’m saying we don’t know so chill out. I don’t put any success that Rodgers earned at Kennedy’s door and I won’t put Lennon’s failures there either until I get more info, which I accept I may never get.

2. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Im completely calm and rational, its not ridiculous at all.. its ridiculous to suggest that our coaching has been good enough when evidently we have been severely unorganised, especially in defence, for years. Going back to Deila and they farce that was the zonal marking system, we have been a shambles at the back.

If Kennedy isnt contributing to the defensive coaching, there is something far wrong and if you think that he isnt then there is something far wrong with you. The system needs to change, it doesnt work and we are being badly exposed against decent team. Do you actually believe its been good enough? Our defence has been our achilles heel time and time again. Its not just John Kennedy, its the whole coaching set up.

To date, we still dont know our best formation and style of playing and none of the players are playing at close to the max of their ability. The defence looks shaky, leaky, unorganised and out of ideas. So it cant just be Lennon to blame, given that these issues have persisted since long before him.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
  3. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    You also mention the word fiction mate. The issues are undeniable and clear to the eye. Its fact. Your perception is fiction.

4. cat123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields Of Athenry
    The problem I have with John Kennedy is purely the fact that he was forced on NL and I just don't think that's appropriate.

A manager as we see now takes all the abuse when things go wrong so he should have full control over his coaching team as well as the football team.

No one really knows what's been going wrong behind the Lennoxtown gates but something isn't quite right.

5. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    Where the * is he ?
    Does nowt.. says nowt... When does Kennedy step up to entertain us and the press ?
    Or does Lenny insist of making an absolute * of it.. I wanna hear what Kennedy thinks!

6. Brian Dunphy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Merry Plougboy
    When Celtic go through 2 games without losing a goal from a set piece I will be happy

7. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

He'S tHe DeFeNsIvE cOaCh

8. CountyDownFaithful

It was reported at the time that Kennedy recommended Gavin Strachan to replace Duff as he had been on coaching courses with him.

As you’ve said, part of the agreement when Lennon took the job on a permanent basis was that Kennedy would stay in place. Kennedy is also the one who takes charge of training apparently so it seems he has a lot of control / influence for a coach.

This is why we need to change the whole coaching team if Lennon is sacked.

9. JamesM09

If you’re going to say an invincible Celtic team that smashed records had a serious problem in defence then you can’t be reasoned with.

Spring Time and eire4 like this.
  10. SkyeCelt

The whole coaching team are clearly rank rotten. If one goes they all go.

littlekennie and buchanbhoy like this.
  11. Hope N Ur Heart

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy Johnstone followed closely by Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Them all!!
    Ain't renewing ST if the Board replace Lennon with Kennedy

12. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Get the feeling John Kennedy was hoping to step up after BR left and the board * him over, in his eyes, by appointing NL.

13. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    This is not the case at all.

14. limezer

Lump of wood

15. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    How do you know ? Seems odd he would reject a managers job to stay here as an assistant. Doesn't look very enthusiastic sitting in the dugout. What's his end game ?

16. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Personally I think jk is a better option than Garry Parker who Lenny would have asked for

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eire4 likes this.
  17. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Because I have talked with him.

18. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    1. Rodgers was to stay for his full tenure until 10 on a row was complete.
    2. Kennedy would have moved from his apprenticeship to be manager, with 10 secured, 11 was a "free hit" and a great time for an untested manager but experienced Celtic man like Kennedy to take over.
    3. Board shafted Rodgers by messing about with transfers and thinking they could control him like Lennon and deila. He give middle finger and leaves midseason with fans (all be it stupidly) solely blaming him for leaving when the ire should of been directed at Lawell.
    4. Lawell caught with his pants down needs a stop gap for 10 and thinks Lennon could do it and doesn't risk Kennedy. Because fans are on a high with trophy after trophy lawell sneaks it in at the end of the season rather arrogantly that Lennon takes over.
    5. Present day, Wheels now have fallen off and lawell is gambling on a shop til you drop January transfer window hoping Lennon can buy his way out of it, thus saving his face if he had to sack him instead.
    6. Kennedy through this process * off, now may never get a chance at succession should 10 inevitably fail as fans won't want him in at all.
    Kennedy blames Lennon deep down. Lennon oblivious to everything.

Bottom line, board putting everything behind Lennon. Him or no-one.

Sonic Reducer and Ciaran_67 like this.
  19. cat123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields Of Athenry
    I really don't think it's up to us. It should be the incoming managers decision to pick his own coaching team.

20. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony

More than NL then :tongue1:

When and what did he say ?