1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ryan Christie

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by LloydsGamble, Aug 28, 2015.

Discuss Ryan Christie in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. kyndig

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Nakamura delivery was beast anawl, Commons anawl, but aye, I always founds corners easy, whipping it into a danger area, maybe we are trying to be too accurate with corners, * knows.

2. cat123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields Of Athenry
    Christie is the most frustrating player in the team and that's saying something. He was amazing not too long ago but now it's like every decision on the field is wrong. He slows down our play on the break, slack passing regularly and can't cross.

He has been wanting to leave for a while if the rumours are true. It's obvious in his play but I don't get why NL keeps playing him every week. I'm not saying he should permanently freeze him out but he should be off corners and free kicks for sure.

3. Moore Brendan Rodgers OUT Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE + Grace + YNWA
    Im holding back on any players as we know they can ALL play better, they are clearly been coached wrong.

But surely even he must be like, 'right I need to pass set pieces over to someone else.'

4. ladbroke8

Drop brown and play Christie as box to box. Far more dangerous centrally. Gives more energy and frees a place further forward for a real winger or striker

Mickmac likes this.
  5. cat123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields Of Athenry
    The problem with playing him there is he's rotten at defending and when he loses the ball drops off instead of running back.

6. ladbroke8

Doesn't matter. We don't have a defensive midfielder. We need to be on the front foot. Best we've played was Calmac rogic and Christie in 2018. All 3 need to work as a unit. Need energy and ability in the middle of park. Turnbull Calmac and Christie with 3 players ahead of them. We're gaining nothing from playing Brown anymore. Can't create defend or carry ball.

MagicBallBhoy, Mickmac and Lewis Kerr like this.
  7. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    He's our best and most effective attacking central midfielder. His best form was in that position at the start of last season and I don't think he's been played there this season. Frimpong should be played RM until Forrest's fit.
    All the outrage about him saying he wants a new challenge at some point in the future is a lot of pish. We know where we stand in the overall scheme of things now and unfortunately our best players will go if a richer club from a bigger league comes in for them. If we accept that for Eddy, Ajer etc then why is Christie any different.

ladbroke8 likes this.
  8. Brian Dunphy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Merry Plougboy
    Hes not our best attacking midfielder. That is Rogic. Christie is a hard working midfielder who chips in with a few goals but thinks hes better than he is

cat123 likes this.
  9. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    He contributes far more than Rogic overall. Rogic is a talented player but he can disappear out the game for long spells which doesn't happen with Christie. I prefer Christie in that position.

10. cat123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields Of Athenry
    I like Christie when he's playing well but he's never reached the level of a top form Tom Rogic. Rogic is the better of the two by a mile.

I admit Rogic has been injury prone and lacking in match fitness but his ability isn't in question IMO.

Free the Adblock likes this.
  11. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Is he though I remember in his breakthrough he was tracking back all over the pitch winning balls fact is his performances in that regard have dropped dramatically dunno if that’s to do with change if mangement or not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cat123 likes this.
  12. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Just hope he brings the same form and commitment tomorrow as he did for Scotland the other week

13. cat123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields Of Athenry
    I agree that he was better at tracking back before but that's not been the story of late.

14. JamesM09

Christie played alongside McGregor for a period under Rodgers and I remember it working well. They bounced off each other well and both had legs in the middle.

To be honest, I no longer think personnel or their positions is the problem. There’s just too many problems at this point, but I suppose it’s worth a try.

Lennon has played so many systems at this point and tried almost everyone, another roll of the dice certainly can’t hurt.

15. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    We rarely see a top form Tom Rogic. Christie is far more consistent. I'd have him ahead of Rogic on form over the past 2 years.

16. Markybhoy

Honestly mate, I am not claiming that I was some awesome football player. I really wasn't. But I could cross a ball and take a corner kick. So, as a * *, it's just baffling to me how guys who get paid £20,000 a week can't take a decent corner kick. It's really not that hard.

17. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Play frimpong right wing ?

I'd be for it but it's a cert brown plays tomorrow, he's blind to his game not being upto it anymore, good chance we get * tomorrow :(

18. blackfish Screaming from beneath the waves...

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I personally like the way he raises his arm to let the first defender know he’s firing the ball straight at him.

19. cat123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields Of Athenry
    I think Rogic is the better player of the two and has contributed more to Celtic when he's been available to play. I don't think Christie is consistent at all, that's the problem. I do think he puts in a shift every game but not convinced about the quality of much of it.

20. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    No player can always be at their best all the time but even when Christie isn't you know you'll always get a shift which is as much as you can ask. From the point of view of assists and goals I don't think any midfielder (and possibly even striker) has contributed as much as Christie in the past 2 years or so. I think he is pretty consistent as well. We'll miss him when he does go, more than some people seem to think.

MagicBallBhoy likes this.