1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Karamoko Dembele!!

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by DEADEYECFC, May 29, 2016.

Discuss Karamoko Dembele!! in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Dazza

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Islam Feruz

2. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    The issue is, we don't know.
    He very well may turn out pish and a championship level player or worse.
    But we won't know and we havent done anything to help his development at all.
    No reserve league at all, no first team game time, we've done nothing.
    He aint the only one.

3. Dubliner1

At present he is nowhere good enough to make the first teamow. You just don't select some one due to the hype around him. By all reports this lad has regressed from 14 to 17. Just like 95% of football apprentices. Very few make it to the top.

Ciaran_67 likes this.
  4. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

He’s chosen not to apply himself. He’s chosen not to put in the hard yards. And as a result, he’s chosen not to be in the first team squad at the minute.

‘we haven’t done anything to help his development at all’ is * laughable if you’re familiar with the backstory. Then the guy ended up playing for the u20’s at 13. Rodgers had him training with the first team at 15. Makes his first team debut at 16.

Maybe, just maybe, this ain’t all Celtic’s fault.

5. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    To be fair to the lad and the club, no reserve league would be a stumbling block in any development, but that's then on the club to do more for the youth.

He had been playing at age levels well above his age for years, by time he got to the stage of needing s reserve league/first team exposure that league was torn apart.

We should have done more to help him, and others (this isn't actually all on dembele here we are wasting plenty more talent).

It should never have got to the stage that his development stagnated to such a level - be it that there is no development/reserve league - he should have been loaned out in that case or given some more time last season to help encourage the development.

You don't suddenly stop developing at that age and rate for no reason, no matter where we want to point the finger, without good reason.

His attitude very well may be *, he very well may end up not to live up to the hype.
    But the point I'm wanting to make is that we never give these lads proper development or opportunities, instead we seem to find the first excuse not to then let that become the issue.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

The_Bhoy likes this.
  6. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    You've literally went on to make my point.
    He's played at higher levels than his age demanded and was continuing to improve, made his debut, Rodgers leaves, he's nowhere to be seen.

Suddenly his development stopped? Suddenly it's his bad attitude?

By chance could it be the current manager is just * * at developing players? Keep in mind this is not just about dembele, we are wasting more talent in the youth setup. And keep in mind Lennon has previous over both his tenures of picking his favourites and refusing to change things.

Literally we have no right winger and this lad can't even make a bench - attitude or not, that's poor from those in charge.

You don't just turn around and call it a bad attitude and allow the manager to turn his back on it, you expect the manager to help him,(manager or coaches at various levels) and to try work with them to get them on side, to get them integrated.

This isn't even just this year, it's two years he's been neglected by this setup.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  7. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Why is he not in the first team set up at the moment?

Cause he’s chucked it.

That is the bottom line. He has no aspiration to play for the first team. It’s clear he doesn’t want to be here beyond this season.

If the guys not putting in the effort and doesn’t want to be here, I don’t blame the club for giving up on him at this stage. A matter of months and he’s out the door.

You keep saying ‘it’s not just him, there are other young players’ and I agree. You could make a much better case for some of the others that are being neglected by the club. Not this guy, you’ve backed the wrong horse. The club have put a * of a lot into this player and he’s thrown it back at them.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
    Gyp Rosetti and Ciaran_67 like this.
  8. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Such as connell.

We both seem to be in agreement here, but the issue seems to be who's to blame, his attitude or the lack of ability from the current coaching staff.

For me, enough evidence to suggest the coaching staff.

As you say, he's developed well at a younger age, suddenly that stops. His attitude is rumoured to have dropped and then we get to now.

For me, I can see why his attitude may have changed, with that sort of hype and potential, with all the social media points you make (for good or bad and I am in agreement it's probably more bad) to romp through the ranks at this club, to then suddenly hit a brick wall with a manager unable to nurture youth, I'm no exactly surprised if his attitude has went to *.

Same goes for the first team players, we can certainly debate the merits of their attitude and professionalism during all of this season, but end of the day I think we can all see and understand why the players look to have given up playing for the manager.
    I'm sort of attributing the same thing to dembele (going on the assumption his attitude stinks).

In short, he developed well, the lack of a reserve league has created a gap in development, the manager and coaching staff we currently have failed to bridge this gap (with all the youth) and not getting a look in seems to have affected it all from there on out.

Even if his attitude was a model pro, it's clear it woudlnt matter one hot, the manager still doesn't give these guys a chance.

9. DJ CJ

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Maybe he’s just nowhere near as good as it look like he’d be? Plus he’s an absolute midget, you’ll struggle to name 5 great players in the modern game under 5’7 and he’s 5’3.

10. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Lennon literally put him on the bench for the Scottish Cup final. Off the back of a good performance against Hearts in the league.

11. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    Yep. My bet is he’ll get nowhere near the hype like many before him. If he was good enough, he would’ve fed himself into the team the same way Tierney, McGregor, Henderson, Forrest etc etc etc did.

Nothing to do with Lennon this. Looks like he’s just not got the attitude to make it here I’m afraid.

Think him choosing England demonstrates his attitude to an extent..

12. Bellbhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Wikipedia and transfermarkt have him at 5'7. Your point about him maybe not being good enough still stands though

13. Onefootwonder

All the positivity has been sucked out of the club from top to bottom.

It feels like everything is negative at the moment.

14. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    He was born in England

15. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    Yeah and schooled and taught how to play football in Scotland.

It could be a moot point this, but he chose to play for England instead, perhaps to try to get his name in the fluorescent lights down there.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
  16. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Don’t think it’s that deep really, until recently we where * as a nation so can’t imagine he had a deep affinity with the team. He may still go on to play for Scotland who knows, but I don’t think he needed to pick England to get his name out. And furthermore it was actually England who picked him so he wasn’t actively seeking it out.
    I feel totally indifferent on him now, couldn’t care less if he stays or goes. Just another to add to the list of * ups we’ve made mistakes on, there’s many youths in our current set up who were stagnating right now

17. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    If that was the case why would he sing a pro deal with us in the first place ...it’s not the actions of a Islam Feruz type attitude

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peej and The_Bhoy like this.
  18. stew37

Seeing people talking about his attitude. A lot of our players must have a bad attitude. I'm sure a lot of us have been wondering for a while if it's the players that are the problem here.

Peej, oh bhoy and The_Bhoy like this.
  19. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Maybe hes just not good enough.

Bonobhoy likes this.
  20. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    He ran hickey ragged when we did see a good amount of him, and look what hickeys gone on to do

Peej likes this.