1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Should the Manager be sacked today?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Peej, Nov 22, 2020.

Discuss Should the Manager be sacked today? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Sgt Neppers*

Yes. 100%. And never to be employed as a coach or anything related to on the field matters at the club again.

2. wulliebad

When a player in the team that has just put 8 goals past you says,it was like a training exercise i wish we could play celtic every week.Then its time for lenny to go and the coaches and for me half those duds that like its ok to put in 50% effort in games.

DragQueenHoops likes this.
  3. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Lennon and Lawell should be sacked today.

DragQueenHoops and Sgt Neppers* like this.
  4. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    I am now 100% sure. I was one of those who was willing to give him a bit of time to turn things around or even improve a bit however, there has been absolutely no improvement whatsoever and he needs to go ASAP.

5. Bunk Moreland

Ignore the ex players they're no better than the average football fan but had a little more talent, that doesn't make them an expert in any way, shape or form. Kris Boyd has a job on Sky Sports FFS and that * couldn't spell his first name without looking it up on Wikipedia first

As for the board I think they are in touch, fans = money, I just don't think they have a plan B

Artorias likes this.
  6. wanmadtim Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka - Brown - Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    This says more about the players than it does about Lennon...."something to get these players trying...." Motivation must be hard for them.....Who could get themselves up for a small matter like 10iar and immortality. A shower of spoiled snowflakes the lot of them....make me sick tbh.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Sydneysider likes this.
  7. Brian Dunphy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Merry Plougboy
    Let's build a wee lounge in Lennox town and eat chips and drink irn bru. Sorted

JML67 and Artorias like this.
  8. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    As the weeks have passed more and more people are agreed 100% he should be getting sacked, you can have a freak result against a team but to lose 4-1 v a very very average Sparta Prague team with big players out then lose 4-1 again after being 1-0 up is absolutely unforgivable, becoming like a David Brent boss from the office with every passing week

wanmadtim likes this.
  9. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Spot on with that mate, aw this pish “ they’re not playing for the manager or the back room staff, well play for the 50 odd thousand seasons ticket holders and the wee bhoys who’s maw n dads spend an absolute fortune on strips with their so called hereos names on it and all sorts of merchandise so they can earn more in a year than most of earn in 20 years , total wee spoilt fannies, we’ve aw had * bosses but we act like grown up s get our heids down and get on with it

Even that Christmas advert made me fkn rage, big Duffy, Taylor been utter dog * in our biggest year running about with wee pretend antlers on pretending to be reindeer s , giggles and joking like wee school lassies, noo giving a flying *, Lennon doing the festive speech, guys like stein would have toed their arses extra time on the training pitch, no making wee festive videos, it’s embarrassing

scuzzy, Sydneysider and wanmadtim like this.
  10. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Sounds like they’ve out on the battlefield for 6 months Tour of Afghanistan fighting and morale is low, their playing a sport they love as a professional football player and getting paid an absolute fortune to do it , idolised by hundreds of thousands of fans all over the world and getting Their bank accounts paid to the sum of 80k a Week, should be enough motivation for anyone to be at least fkin trying

a totally blame Lennon for a helluva lot, his team selection s, his team formation s have been pish and his pig headedness not to change things and then saying we’re played well when we’ve been pish is annoying as *

But a lot of the players attitudes during games has been absolutely shocking, easy to be playing well and winning when you’re skating the league and winning trophies but when things aren’t going well you still be giving your all an a lot of them aren’t

wanmadtim likes this.
  11. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Rodgers left because he was getting 3 times the salary at an epl club And used Celtic as a as a springboard to get back to the league he wanted to be in ASAP as a lot of past players have done , only difference was they didn’t declare that being a player at Celtic was the best job in the world, the dream job, they didn’t want to be anywhere else being manager of the team he had supported as a Bhoy, guy was full of *, * all to do with the board all to do with Rodgers

Rodgers was a really good appointment at the time, , got us playing some nice football and winning a treble and going undefeated was excellent, I’ve no faith in Lennon whatsoever and want him sacked, we may not have went invincible but as much as I’ve lost faith in him, the challenge we had from a pish poor Huns team that weren’t even second, a might be wrong but I personally believe even Lennon could have won a treble that season

wanmadtim likes this.
  12. wanmadtim Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka - Brown - Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    100% mate.....What makes it more disgusting is this group of players have ability in abundance.......but not an ounce of self pride about them. If I had been criticised by the manager I would roll my sleeves up and proved him wrong by grafting on the park.....not spit the dummy out. HH

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

cat123, Sydneysider and Slater67 like this.
  13. kyndig

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Under Rodgers first and second season, I always remember even if we went 1, 2 nil down or even 10 men I always felt we would still win, we had an identity and style of play. Watching us now we can be 2-0 up and I feel like we could still lose.

lespaul and Hammy89 like this.
  14. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Can we change this thread to “why has the manager not been sacked today”

Peej, FranceCelt and Hammy89 like this.
  15. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Last season league goals against us in whole of season (30 matches) = 19 goals.
    This season league goals against us in just 13 matches = 13 goals.

This date last season we had conceded 21 goals in all comps.
    To date this season we have conceded 28 goals in all comps.

To this date last season we had scored 84 goals in all comps.
    To this date this season we have scored 50 goals in all comps

So conceded 7 more goals than last season to todays date and scored 34 goals less.
    So not just defence at fault but whole team not doing their job.

16. john2061

The board are really out of touch with the fans and they are lucky there isn't 60000 in the ground on Sunday as they would really feel the fans anger at their inaction to fire Lennon .
    Even if Lennon went on to win games till the zombie game I have no confidence in him to beat slippy tactically as we have seen over the last few games against them .

17. DragQueenHoops

Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Watched several old games today. It's clear our tactics are non existent.

We're constantly trying to defend the whole width of the pitch which exposes gaps in our team. Especially as we are quite slow centrally. There is no thought for pressing or triggers, do we push teams wide and pin them against line. We're not making many interceptions per game.

People are being allowed to run at Duffy and Brown who don't have the legs for it. Frimpong is a winger not a defender. Players don't seem to understand how to keep the ball or anticipate the next pass from a teammate or opposition...

List is endless. Lawwell let 9 coaches leave with Rodgers fitness, and other ones. And we replaced them with Lenny Duff (now Strachan). I cannot see the board spending out on a manager like Howe, Wagner who would want to spend more money on premier League levels off the pitch.

It's clear the board are more concerned about the stock price rather than the team. I think in January Ntcham and Eddie will be sold to maintain the cashflow.

18. JamesM09

This is what people aren’t seeing, I assume because Sky and BT don’t have any actual analytical pundits covering out games.

There is no serious tactical awareness in our team. There’s no intelligent coaching going on. Players don’t know what to do on and off the ball and it happens over and over again.

The first 10-15 minutes of the Sparta game shows there’s effort there from the players, but that’s simply not enough. Sparta just let us tire ourselves out then tactically outplayed us.

The one I can’t get over is how people think we’re doing well when we retain possession when we’re drawing or losing. Don’t they understand teams are letting us have possession? It’s all part of the game plan against us.

19. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Bang on. It’s become a bit of a pet hate of mine.

You actually see it quite often in European games when we’re losing. The opposition will drop off, let us have the ball, we’ll probe the final third but rarely create a clear cut chance, usually play the ball wide and out a few hopeful balls into the box.

Then I’ll read on here how we played well in spells. We’re only playing well in those spells because the opposition is a couple of goals up and are happy to watch us pass the ball about. The Milan game was a good recent example of this. Sparta Prague as well.

Stevie6767, Peej and JamesM09 like this.
  20. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    100% this and above.
    Bain, Laxalt, Ajer, Julien, Elhamed, Brown 6 out of the 11 players are all defending players, toss Ntcham in who sits so * deep and is so * casual he may as well be sat on the goal line as well.
    These 6 all sit behind the ball, possession, playing it around the centre line/just in our half. Possession stats go through the roof and Lennon gets away with claims of a great game and dominating the ball etc.

It's an illusion.

The issue we then have is we have 6 behind the ball and 5 in front, where 11 of the opponents are also playing - doesn't take a genius to work out the mathematical issue here.
    Enter big gap between our defending/possession (normally 20 yards of space at least) and seldom any movement from the front 4 or 5.
    There is no link between the back to the front, the supposed midfield - half of it is Brown and he is playing in the backline keeping his pass and possession stat high to pretend he has an important role in the team.
    We pass pass pass, out to the wing, await Christie to * up a cross, possession, pass pas pass, wait for Christie to be greedy and take a long shot and be miles wide.

It's the same most years, and it's sort of understandable because of who we are and how dominant we are - and how much the opponent lets us have the ball. Look to any big league/team and they are the same.

Deila came in, brought in fitness and a high press and tempo, instantly saw the "triangles" in the opponents half, creating space and pressing them. Collins (imo) over done it with the fitness and burnt the players out. One extreme to the other.
    In comes Rodgers with a very similar approach to the game, but more experience and a bigger name. Does it perfectly domestically. But over time the thing becomes a bit stale for one reason or another.
    Enter Lennon, and he just seems to not understand this at all. There is no press, no forward play, no tempo, no triangles, no space being created. Far to content on stats to mask the issues and sit with 6 men behind the ball.
    It is the reason we all scream that we do not need a DM in the league, we are never * pressed to need one. We instead should have runners in there with a pressin game, take the game to the opponents and win a midfield battle.

Lennon seems to not realise the midfield fight is actually packed in to the space in front of their box, not the centre circle.