1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ryan Christie

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by LloydsGamble, Aug 28, 2015.

Discuss Ryan Christie in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Bazza Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Its a grand old team to play for
    His dad wasn't good enough for Celtic, he was nearly out the door as well.

For a so called fan, the way he's strutting about like hes our top player is disgusting, let him go. He will fade to obscurity down south or abroad.

2. Maestro 08

Because the best set piece taker at the club is a * poor professional and is reduced to cameos if he's not injured that is. Christie takes them all for Scotland as well until the aforementioned Griffiths gets subbed on so by deduction he must be the next best sadly.

Dan Breen likes this.
  3. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Sad but true

Bazza Bhoy likes this.
  4. Bazza Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Its a grand old team to play for
    How the * is Lenny still in a job? Answer me that? If we were in Celtic park, it'd be a different story

5. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
  6. TransferBhoy

Said it for months on end. The most overrated player we have.

His stats make him look a better player than what he is. Has yet to do it in a big game for Celtic.

He has an arrogance where he thinks he is the best player in the team yet he continually gives the ball away and always looking for the Hollywood pass which never comes off. Can’t cross a ball and hits 1 in every 20 shots on target.

People seem to think he is a great player because he runs about like a headless chicken all game.

7. Smithy

Surely there's someone in our starting 11 that takes better set pieces than him. Hits the first man every time.

8. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Turnbull but he's been bombed out..

You have to laugh..

Christie is up there with the worst I've ever seen..

I'm sure he hit the first man about 3/4 time's on the trot. Took a corner and hit the first man, came back out to him and he did it again :87:

9. Onefootwonder

I like Christie, but his heart isn't in it either just now.

He watched the ball roll in last night and showed zero emotion. That's not right.

10. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    Just one of many individuals playing for themselves, doing stuff that gives the impression that they are trying/ making an effort. Even if it hinders the team.

Set piece delivery is terrible and yet is constantly on them. We had a free kick in the 2nd half, with the game still at 2-1. It was about 10m yards out from the box down the left. Prague had lined up on the 18 yard line. Swing it towards goal and have runners attack it. Make Prague defenders make a choice, make the Prague goalie make a decision. Result, was an out -swinger which was cleared by the 1st man.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
  11. Lewis Kerr

I think he's getting a bit of a tough ride from the fans.

He's definitely not as good as he thinks he is and is our most frustrating player to watch, however, he's probably the fittest guy in our team along with Laxalt and seems to actually try a leg and get involved. For all his frustration, he does come up with moments that lead to goals, he doesn't hide and do * all.

Let's not forget he is being played out of position as a * right winger for the whole season, thanks to the manager. The guy is a box to box midfielder or an attacking midfielder. He's being played as a right winger/right back in a system that no one understands.

12. Pablo87 Gold Member Gold Member

That corner gave me the boak :99:

13. kyndig

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Who told him he was a good set piece taker? I find is astonishing for years now our set corners 80% of the time don't clear the first man, what the * is actually going on?

14. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

He should be playing beside McGregor with Turnbull or Rogic in front of those two, for me. Brown should be dropped and Ntcham needs sold in January.

* knows where Soro gets a game but.

Peej and ladbroke8 like this.
  15. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Really miss James Forrest he is so much more prolific at hitting the target than this pretender

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    His performances have dropped as his contracts been running down take our minds back to when he scored the winner against hearts at Murrayfeild. And assisting edouard against Leipzig it has dramatically dropped to the standard where he was put out on loan to Aberdeen ..... same agent as Armstrong and same story

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Play good enough for a move but dont over do it and get injured, there goes the big money. Must surely go through a players head when the contracts so short.

18. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    Hopefully his name will be touted amongst other clubs so everybody is aware he is available at the right price .

19. Markybhoy

It never ceases to amaze me just how few professional football players seem capable of taking a good corner kick. It can't be that difficult, I was good at it ffs :giggle1:

Honestly, the last Celtic player I can remember watching take corners and thinking to myself 'he's * good at that' was Barry Robson. That's 12 years ago!

20. stew37

Corners need improvement, aside from that, works as hard as anyone in the team and is often one of the few players that looks like he could create something at the minute. He also often looks better when he's played in the right position. He's not the problem.