1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

2. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Dude, I just mean he cares about the money. Obviously I know he could care less what we say about him on a personal level; but if the ire turns towards the board instead of Lenny, suddenly people are talking about not renewing their ST's, not buying merch, etc. I think they'll be much more worried than when the anger is mainly directed at neil Lennon.

I think we've seen this before and I do think they'll be monitoring fan attitudes towards the board as a barometer of likely financial consequences.

3. Lewis Kerr

Nothing he is saying matches his energy. "We are determined to turn things around" - he says while looking beat and insipid. Just mundane sentences from a guy who looks like he doesn't believe a word of what he's saying anymore.

Markybhoy and Jeannie960 like this.
  4. oh bhoy

This is probably what needs happen on a large scale ,they pretend that the fans opinion doesn't matter but if they get zero sales over the next week it might get the * attention

5. celtic warrior

This is what I don't get with the board. We crack jokes at the best of times about how they'd milk the fans for any novelty they can then, it comes to one of the easiest marketing campaigns and cash cow events we are greeted with this.

The bragging of only having Lennon in mind for the role, the fact they've supposedly offered their full support now.

It's easy to then believe theories on how they'd rather milk money from fans ehen league is on the edge rather then milk fans by delivering the 10 empathic style. The mind * boggles

6. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

He's a yes man, as @Jeannie960 has pointed out above. He won't demand any more than what the board gives him and is happy to be in the job no matter the conditions.

7. cat123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields Of Athenry
    100% true I'm shocked and disgusted at the behaviour and comments from our support. Thankfully most of the guys I know personally aren't the same as the faceless internet trolls.

Most people aren't happy with what has been going on but it's not over yet and most Celtic fans realise that. It's embarrassing to see the derogatory comments aimed at guys like NL and Scott Brown who have been a large part of the success we have enjoyed over the last decade.

All the ex players backing NL are doing the right thing because loyalty and respect are a huge part of Celtic not scumbag comments.

I hope NL turns it around asap wins the 10 and leaves with his head held high in the summer.

Mince.Charming and stubhoy07 like this.
  8. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    This refers to Celtic. Not the players, not the board, not the manager, and not the tea lady.

If an employee is actively hurting the clubs chances of success, why is it deemed a better stance to be accepting of that?

thailandceltic likes this.
  9. Keano88

Cluj, Copenhagen, Ferencvaros, Huns, Sparta reserves, Sparta..

Enough is enough.

He isn’t going to walk away from a job he knows is his last big job in football so he needs to be sacked.

Grateful that he stepped in to help us when Rodgers * off, but after how we played during that interim period under him he should never have been given the job full time.

He actually exceeded my expectations last season and had us playing really good football in spells, but this season has been just as bad if not worse than what we watched during the interim spell.

The players deserve a better coach and the fans deserve a better product than is being served up.

Get the finger out Celtic please.

10. John Bhoy79 What chance have you got against a tie and a crest

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson,Jinky,McGrory,Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    It doesn't even sound as though he believes in what he says. Must do better, we can turn it around blah blah, he said all this after the sevco game, then after the first Sparta game and, no doubt, he'll being saying it after our next calamity. Actions are what count not words. If there was even the slightest suggestion that we were learning from our mistakes or that we are up for the fight then there would be some hope. Unfortunately that isn't the case and the coaching team and the players solution to our slump seems to be 'more of the same but do it better'. They either fundamentally don't understand the ingrained problems the team has or are not willing or able to do anything about them. Unfortunately this looks as if it will get worse before it gets better Bhoys and Ghirls.

11. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    It’s been much, much worse than the interim spell mate. The interim spell saw us turn in some pretty turgid performances but ultimately control games and win.

Right now we can’t even do the absolute basics.

12. Moore Brendan Rodgers OUT Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE + Grace + YNWA
    My stress levels are through the roof! Why the * is he still in charge?!!

13. DEADEYECFC

Fav Celtic Player:
    teemu pukki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Have never felt this drained with us since mowbary i think deila to an extent but i knew it was only a matter of time lenny is repeating the same drivel i cabt bear to eveb hear him speak because im gonna smash my phone to pieces if i hear him say we played well or we were passive or switched off for 5 minutes .. Neil we lost 4 * goals mate another one had me rattled "didnt deserve 4-1" nope could have been 5 or 6 and because we didnt deserve it doesnt stop it from happening TWICE!! needs to be a demonstration at the stadium block the shop and make our voices heard love the man but im fed up being a laughing stock!!

14. Onefootwonder

Considering we actively look to profit on our best players they must know their values have been negatively impacted when they all look out of sorts.

15. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

He has to go, has to.

He says it's a psychological issue not a football one, but the psyhcological issue has stemmed FROM the football ones. Players lose confidence when they play poorly. Multiple players playing below their level for sustained periods needs a bigger fix than simply calling out the players in the press or giving them a * lounge area. Lennon spoke of changing the culture, the problem is that he already has.

These players were used to getting specific messages and coaching, and clear direction. They were used to going on the pitch, carrying out those instructions and - in the vast majority of cases - seeing the instructions work. We don't see what happens at training or in the dressing room, so it's impossible to say 100% what's happening but I don't think it's unfair to suggest the quality of information and coaching coming from the manager will have steadily declined since Rodgers left.

Don't get me wrong, Rodgers system could be a bit rigid and, at times, boring, and the team responded to being given that extra freedom last season, but they'll still naturally have been doing a lot of the things Rodgers coached them to do by muscle memory. The further we've got away from that, the slopper we've become.

I don't think Lennon is awful, but we've been poor all season despite him trying different formations and different players. He's tried praising the players in the press, he's tried criticising the players in the press, he says he's tried having open conversations with them, apparently he's now scratching his head wondering how we've gone from beating Lazio in Rome a year ago to getting hammered 4-1 by Sparta Prague in Glasgow and we're getting a lounge put in at the training ground.

He's tried everything, and things are still getting worse. He's not the man to turn it around. His stubborn self-belief is doing him no favours right now, and neither are the board. The longer he stays, the worse things will get, the further we fall behind in the League, the angrier we'll all get at the manager and the board. It's time for change.

Markybhoy likes this.
  16. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    Since the board are reluctantly backing him, i think they are going to throw money at it in January and cross their fingers something clicks. Very high risk strategy.....

Fully87 likes this.
  17. freitassen

So deserve our players, some of them with an extremely long history of good service to the club, that he is constantly * about, throwing under the bus, implying they are mercenaries, etc. The disgusting way he treats Griffiths, a guy that had a player career at Celtic as victorious as him, if not more.
    You talk as if he was volunteering for those 20 years, and not being handsomely well paid, in a job well above his reputation and ability, that he will never get elsewhere. And he knows it. That is why he is refusing to go even if he is sinking the team: because he loves a big paycheck more than Celtic.

Lennon can * off. He had the choice of keeping his reputation and legend status intact, he lost it. He will become for us what McCoist is for the huns. It was his choice.

18. CydonianWaffle

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    The standard Celtic board response to a season not going well is to bring in a high profile loan signing in January wonder who it will be.

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  19. Dubliner1

Neil Lennon is here to stay for the time being. It's time now to back him and STOP thrown insults at him. This does not help his cause to gain respect from certain players. As I've stated before Neil needs to drop 4 players from the squad to get the harmony back in the players. It's obvious there are certain players at the club not on speaking terms. Watch the body language on the park. We need a united team on the park. That is the BIG difference this year. Certain players spat the dummy out before the season kicked off. Fraser Forster will be back in January and that hopefully will be the start of our march to 10 in a row.

Mince.Charming and cat123 like this.
  20. JamesM09

Wanyama.