1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. oh bhoy

Was gonna post something similar any other time in our history this would have been more than enough to get the manager the sack ,not now this bunch of Tory * think they know better that almost every fan ,just accept cheap players cheap manager while * like lawwell are making a killing

2. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Mental the board have kept him on. Honestly I get why a lot of fans are frustrated at Lennon but a growing resentment for him does nothing but breed more toxicity. Yes he's being stubborn but it shouldn't be his choice to make anyway.

Lawwell needs to earn his fat paycheck and dismiss Lennon of his duties and actually try to turn things around. All scrutiny needs to be on the board for me.

G_portillo and rickyroma25 like this.
  3. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Neil Tennon, amirite?

4. scootz

I think it was @Random Review that hit the nail squarely in the baws with one of his previous posts today.

Executive summary:
    NL is in denial.
    He doesn't hate us.
    He's not trying to vandalise the club.

With that in mind, can folks please drop the vitriol - some of the filth I'm reading on this thread wouldn't look out of place on a Hun forum!

It's perfectly possible to express your disappointment / criticism / anger without being a dirty *.

Xatraps, James Mc and Taz like this.
  5. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Heard he'd put on weight, but that's ridiculous.

_DannyBhoy_, JML67, James Mc and 15 others like this.
  6. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Neil Tennoff

Bobo_ likes this.
  7. celticfife

Barring a disasterious result at home in the SPFL he's not getting sacked, this is as clear an indication as you'll get that all that matters to this board is money. I've never understood how anyone can be happy with just winning the league and now that's as far away as it's been in a decade.

Where to start with Europe...we regularly get humbled by teams who's budget is a 10th of ours, we're a laughing stock on the continent right now. Celtic Park used to be a difficult place for opposition teams to play but now I think it's like a home game for them, with or without fans, this team just can't dominate a game against anything other than SPFL fodder.

The more I think about it we've been a shambles for a while, the structure of the club is the problem, the old pals act etc... We seem so afraid of bringing in anyone who doesn't have some sort of link to the club which creates this culture of 'let's just keep everyone in a job' John Kennedy is the prime example, he might be a good coach but anyone worth there salt would want to get out there and try their hand at being a manager but in all likelyhood we'll have him as our next manager which gives me the fear. I hope I am wrong and would love for Kennedy to become a great manager but Celtic isn't the club to cut your teeth at.

Our signing policy is scattergun at best and generally speaking we * money on players who are either absolute dross or don't get given a chance. Guys like Soro & Luca Connell barely get on the bench despite looking decent in their rare outtings. Benches aren't supposed to be filled with 5m players, there should be atleast a few players who are young promising players, guys like Dembele, Soro, Henderson, Robertson, Connell should be regular features over players who have been here stealing a wage for far too long like Biton & Taylor.

The worst part of this whole thing is I don't see any change in management or policy coming for this prehistoric board anytime soon.

8. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

9. CountyDownFaithful

Here’s another reason why he needs to go now...

The Huns just drew home and away against Benfica who should arguably be in the Champions League with their squad. Gerrard has said post-match that he’s happy with the draws but will be “picking the bones” and “analysing” where they went wrong.

We’ve been on a downward spiral since the season started and it was only after the first hammering from Sparta that Lennon made the players re-watch the game. We obviously aren’t analysing and scrutinising our mistakes because it’s the same mistakes every * week.

It’s honestly beyond me now that he’s still in a job. There is no rational argument for him to stay or evidence to show he can turn this around. It’s the same players and system every week producing * performances and embarrassing results. This run goes beyond the last 9 games... imagine if we didn’t score late goals at Tannadice or McDiarmand Park? Coming from a goal behind at St Mirren?

Insanity - repeatedly doing the same thing and expecting different results.

10. oh bhoy

Why in the name of Christ has he not been sacked yet!!!

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  11. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Friday afternoon assignment

Does the fact that Neil Lennon is still employed as the Celtic manager, suggest that there may have been an element of truth in John Barnes' claims?

Discuss.

(40 marks)

The Dude likes this.
  12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
  13. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

upload_2020-11-27_14-23-36.jpeg

Senna s1979 likes this.
  14. Markybhoy

I don't really feel like going in to bat for Neil Lennon at the moment but on this occasion I will.

I feel you may be misjudging the reason that he wasn't "raging" during the post match interview. Think about it. After two wins in nine matches, the players collective confidence level must be near rock bottom right now. Screaming at them or slaughtering them publicly in the media likely isn't going to help matters. I suspect most managers would make the same judgment in those circumstances.

Random Review likes this.
  15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

You must be off work or something.

Too much time making photoshopped pictures man go for a walk.

:lenny2:

:56:

16. Cammaris

On one side I can sympathize with Neil, it is bad enough when opposing fans hate you with so much vitriol but if you turn your own fans against you, that is when it gets really bad. I wouldn't be surprised if there are his depression issues behind some of his behaviour. That being said, he needs support from his players first and if he has lost them, there is not much he can do but to step back.

17. Mr. Slippyfist

Well that’s just * wonderful...

18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

He’s no going anywhere yet.

So get behind him and the now.

:fear:

19. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    World War 3 needs to hurry the * up!

20. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

I should make it clear that all pics are © of @ShiteCelticPics