1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    SICK of ex players coming out citing what "Lenny was like in the dressing room"

Lennon himself has * admitted he has changed his approach etc. He is not that guy anymore.

"a minute group of fans" :56: :56: Commons completely out of touch, oblivious to the general consensus Lennon is not the right man.

So fed up of this it's unreal

2. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Get him oot Sharon

Seán Mac D likes this.
  3. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Commons, yet again in the Sutton camp after Lennon left and Deila came in and telt him to lose weight and stop drinking irn bru during training.

Go figure he suddenly creeps back out the woodwork

Lewis Kerr likes this.
  4. Whoflungdung

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ryan Christie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SOldiers song
    Aye but the * know a * season is going to hit season book sales big time so they can ignore at their peril

5. wanmadtim Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka - Brown - Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    When are the players going to shoulder some blame? These are the same players who won games comfortably and with style last season.....I don't give a flying fig that some might or might not have an issue with Lennon, nor do I care how they feel about anything Lennon has accused them off regarding "not wanting to be there"....."individual mistakes" etc etc.

Those players owe us the fans some loyalty, they owe the club who pay their wages 100% effort for a full 90 minutes....not 20 minutes here and there.

The bottom line is no matter how much of a mess you think Lennon is making of this season, formation, teams, attitude, bla, bla, bla.... ANY team he picks from that squad giving 100% is good enough to beat any team in Scotland.

The players for me have to take a long look in the mirror and ask am I doing enough for the fans and the club.

They need to take responsibility for the decline along with Lennon.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

cat123 and Whoflungdung like this.
  6. The Dude

I have been a season-ticket holder for over a decade, but I will find it difficult to justify the renewal of my season ticket if this negligence continues, particularly if attendances remain restricted.

7. JamesM09

I think it’s ‘when’, not ‘if’ at this point.

There’s a slim chance he wins every game until January because the run is so easy. I can’t see him keeping his job past the next draw or loss. At that point I would imagine significant protests outside the stadium.

8. JamesM09

You’re saying players alone should be able to perform in Scotland. Well, I think this is why we are only 5 points behind so far.

If the level of coaching and management has been shown up in Europe, then you need to assume the same incompetence is there domestically. Therefore, it’s the quality of the playing staff that has kept us just 5 points behind.

MagicBallBhoy likes this.
  9. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    The Magic Hat had no plan B.. just insisted that players execute Plan A better

Lennon has no Plan A so we are in deep * with no way out. We have only had 8 weeks of this total crap and having to listen to the managers drivel.. the Huns have had 8 years but somehow that is not making me feel any better or more hopeful.

Bring in the madman Di Canio .. either as manager or player.. as he will at least show some emotion

10. Sgt Neppers*

Angry at them all now. Lennon, PL, DD and the rest of the board. Spineless and arrogant. The failure of this season will be their legacy. Lennons reputation is fast eroding.

11. Paradise88

No statement yet? Surely he's getting his marching orders today

Noskeil and Sgt Neppers* like this.
  12. green-yin

Media has been told lenny will be doing todays presser for sundays game, so hes not going anywhere anytime soon unfortunately

13. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Dreading this press conference.

He is going to make us dislike him even more.

He cannot hide his resentment for the fans now. It will seep through or even worse, he will flat out say something. If it wasn't for Leigh Griffiths it would be 2 wins in 10. As if 9 ain't bad enough

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  14. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

that interview last night, look at his eyes, not normal at all

his pupils were tiny im suprised no ones said anything about it

15. Henke102

Sticks in the craw a bit his attitude towards the supporter, being told to 'calm down', being called hysterical and now flat out refusing to comment on pressure from the fans. The Celtic establishment of DD PL rest of board and Lennon and Kennedy etc, have us vs them attitude towards the supporters which has been more apparent than usual this week.

16. DennyCelt Free Palestine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Shunsuke Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    It hurts to say it but I honestly don’t think it matters mate. It’s been said in the media before, the board sees the current situation as “5 points behind Rangers, with 3 games against them and most of the season left to play”. What happens if we lose the games in hand? What happens if we lose at Ibrox? It’s probably only then we’ll see change, but by then the damage’ll be done

17. rickyroma25

Aye, it's always the same "game plan". Go out and dominate the opponent and hope they're * enough to succumb to our very basic form of possession football.

Run about a lot and never do anything uniformly. Never use triggers for when to press, never keep shape. Effort, effort, effort that's all he knows.

18. DennyCelt Free Palestine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Shunsuke Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    He was far, far too calm for me. You lose 4-1 TWICE to a bang average side with half their first team out to injury he should be raging. The acceptance of how far standards have dropped recently is astonishing

19. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    * this *.. this is beyond farcical now...

Pumped 8-2 over two games by absolute diddies...

2 wins in 9

11 points behind the hun scum..

Out of both Euro comps with a * whimper...

Its an effin disgrace and Lennon cant solve the problems because the stupid arrogant selfish self serving *(there I said it)can't see them...

Cant really tell you lads to go protest outside Celtic park because I'm sat in Dublin but I don't think it eould matter a jot.. you'll just be scoffed at.. lowest ive felt about Celtic since the hun cheating days... even back then it didn't seem that bad because it was the * norm nearly..

Giving up slowly...

Lewis Kerr likes this.
  20. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    They're businessmen (AFAIK they are men). What they see is a lot of people incredibly angry (rightly or wrongly) at Neil Lennon, a small minority truly angry at the board and no significant numbers talking about not buying ST's, organising demonstrations or boycotting the store. The second thing they see is that replacing Lenny now will either be expensive or involve someone unsuitable to take us forward and that, from a business point of view, it's better to give Lenny time, hope he turns it round and then maybe look at it again next summer depending on season book sales.

But if that first part changes, they'll change their minds sharpish. As I say, we've seen it before.