1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Potential Manager Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CountyDownFaithful, Nov 5, 2020.

Discuss Potential Manager Suggestions? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. jambo_cfc

Need to move away from a manager with a celtic mentality and install one with a winning one !!!

2. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    It’s been mentioned again bookies fave and was golfing with lawell seemingly last week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Andybhoy93

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    What about Phillip cocu?

david100825 likes this.
  4. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    At this rate I would take Philip Schofield. Bet he would get a rise out of some of our players.

Moore, Boruc17, RiquelmeCSC and 5 others like this.
  5. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

The WiFi is bad enough at Celtic park as it is.

Smithy and Bobo_ like this.
  6. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

If we bring someone in now and he fails to turn it around, do they then head for the exit at the end of the season?

Maybe not a attractive situation for any manager.

Maybe a caretaker until the end of the season would work as the league is still there.

Or do we revamp the whole structure now and start the rebuild and see what for the rest of the season.

7. Sgt Neppers*

Whats Gus Hiddink up to these days. Be great for 6-18 months.

The67Sound likes this.
  8. Celticbhoy97

Anything this season is a bonus imho.... if the plan was to go in a different direction from Lennon regardless at the end of the season then we need to get ahead of the curve unless Gerrard leaves them at the end of the season they have a ready made system installed and ready to roll out again next season

9. limezer

The position we are in, the way we are playing, the likelihood of changing and winning the league is as far as I’m concerned is gone.
    If a new manager comes in,I think it will be a miracle if he can win this league but not impossible, he might give the team a boost through December and use the January window to bring in much needed quality, particularly the defence.
    Therefore as long as we are showing progression on the field the next manager should be judged on the following season.

The Dude likes this.
  10. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    If a new manager comes in and he cab organise a defense and even have the most basic understanding of tactics, then of course we can win the league. Three games to play sevco(potential nine point swing) but the chance of a new appointment/Lennon leaving ain't gonnae happen imho.

saltire78 likes this.
  11. The Dude

It depends how well he does.

I have more or less accepted that the league title is out of reach. I wish that I could say that I am devastated, but I just feel numb.

I predicted that the shortsightedness of Lennon's appointment would undo the progress that the club made under Rodgers, and have damaging repercussions far beyond this season, and that has come to fruition.

We need nothing short of a revolution.

12. Paul McAuley

Has Ralf Rangnick been mentioned? Would be ma shout.

The67Sound likes this.
  13. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I'd say it's a great time to take over.

If they come in and win the 10,they are a hero, saved the season and delivered the 10.

If they fail its Lennon's fault and they didn't have the time to turn it around (unless. They absolutely drove us into the dirt but I can't see that happening)

I don't like hating on lennon, he has done us well in the past but he is past it. We haven't even looked a shadow of last seasons team since we came back, there have been maybe 2 performances this season that looked like a celtic team, we are on the worst run since Tony Mowbray, have had so many embarrassing games against us

saltire78 likes this.
  14. Bayern Bru Gold Member Gold Member

Would be great to get someone like Hiddink and temp them with “win this title and you get a 7 figure bonus at end of season to retire with”

15. saltire78

Bit off the radar (I think!) but what about Klinsmann? He's outta work, decent coaching record, knows UK and European football, played ok ball as coach if I remember correctly... probably looking to reenergise his profile...

16. saltire78

Gerrard has * all to do with this. He was dead on his feet until they brought in the DOF from down south. He's reorganised everything behind the scenes and left Gerrard just be the frontman

Whoflungdung likes this.
  17. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Lahm said he gave no instructions to the players after he got sacked from Bayern, albeit that was over a decade ago.

Since then he's managed an International Team whose qualification route is a cake walk and left Hertha after less than 3 months in charge.

Not for me. It should be within our capabilities to get someone with a proven track record.

18. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

I'm conceding nothing.

saltire78 likes this.
  19. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Kinda my thoughts/worries. I don’t see us as being nearly as attractive proposition as some do.

I don’t think our fans are anywhere near patient enough to effectively write off this season and allow a new manager time to settle in. He has to hit the ground running. They always have to, really.

It will be a caretaker appointment imo, or someone on a very short term contract. I wouldn’t necessarily be against that either. Might allow us a decent shot at the 10 and buy us some time to revamp things behind the scenes.

Mental how we’ve had such a sustained period of dominance and have let things go utterly to *.

JC Anton likes this.
  20. saltire78

This! 100% Work to be done, but plenty of time to do it, if we move wisely and now