1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Shane Duffy

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Callum McGregor, Sep 1, 2020.

Discuss Shane Duffy in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. RiquelmeCSC

Well it’s 50/50 you are right.

2. TransferBhoy

Ok. Put it another way.

Duffy is going back in Jan.

3. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    It's a shame for the guy but he has unfortunately hit the worst form of his life at the worst possible time.

I'm past the stage of being a * to him, thanks for trying but it's for the best he isn't here.

PaddyBhoy likes this.
  4. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
  5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

https://videocelts.com/2020/11/blogs/latest-news/exclusive-celtic-set-to-end-duffy-deal-in-january/

Celtic are ready to cut short Shane Duffy’s season long loan from Brighton.

Video Celts understands that the decision has already been made inside Celtic Park to exercise the option in the loan agreement with the Irishman returning to the south coast when the transfer window opens in January.

Celtic signed Duffy in a blaze of glory on the back of their Champions League exit from Ferencvaros with the consensus being that his steel and leadership qualities were exactly what was needed for a historic season.

At the turn of the year Celtic’s successful run of 28 points from 10 matches was built around a 3-5-2 formation but with Jozo Simunovic released there was a vacancy at the back alongside Chris Jullien and Kris Ajer.

Duffy scored in his first two matches, at Ross County and St Mirren but there were early signs that his lack of action last season and through six months of Lockdown had affected his sharpness.

Before the Glasgow derby in October he had emergency surgery to have a tooth removed but with Celtic losing eight goals in three matches covering the games against AC Milan and Aberdeen his performances came in for heavy criticism.
    Before the Glasgow derby in October he had emergency surgery to have a tooth removed but with Celtic losing eight goals in three matches covering the games against AC Milan and Aberdeen his performances came in for heavy criticism.

The Europa League home match against Sparta Prague was the last of 13 matches that he started but despite being dropped Celtic have continued to ship goals. Last night Duffy was an unused substitute in Celtic’s 4-1 defeat in Prague.

Almost all loan deals give either party an opt-out clause when the Transfer Window reopens with Celtic exercising their right with Ajer, Jullien, Nir Bitton, Hatem Abd Elhamed and Stephen Welsh providing options in central defence

6. RiquelmeCSC

It’s a shame for him but we just don’t play the way that suits for him as a defender.

TransferBhoy likes this.
  7. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Good. I’d rather see Welsh get game time.

CookieMonster likes this.
  8. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Same, he's looked far more assured at the back than Duffy has in his few appearances. * that he's been dropped totally out the squad for Duffy to sit on the bench.

PARKHEAD67 likes this.
  9. Bazza Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Its a grand old team to play for
    Thank
    Thank *

PARKHEAD67 likes this.
  10. PaddyBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joos Valgaeren
    Not a bad guy.

Just unfortunately nowhere good enough. All the best to him for the rest of his career

callumrae1967 and PARKHEAD67 like this.
  11. DJ CJ

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Amazing that a player who captains Ireland and has years of PL experience has been so bad. Personally I’d like to have seen him play in defence that’s not organised by Neil Lennon, a defence that is properly organised and would give him a chance to shine.

littlekennie and PARKHEAD67 like this.
  12. callumrae1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    By all accounts a good Celtic man but it's not worked out unfortunately.

PARKHEAD67 likes this.
  13. PARKHEAD67

I thought he was going to be Superb.He's a proper Celt but not nearly good enough.The money he gets from an English football team sets him up for life. But he hasn't covered himself in glory

14. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Hopefully the rumour he's going back to Brighton in January is true, arguably one of the worst CB'S i've seen play for us, maybe Hendry is just ahead of him. There's arguments that a better manager might get more out of him, but I think he's rotten personally.

15. Onefootwonder

It's a tough job playing in our defence at the moment.

I expected loads from him and he's not lived up to that. However, nobody is doing much better.

buchanbhoy and Sydneysider like this.
  16. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Didn’t say that after the first few games he played I think this is him getting thrown under the bus so to speak was he at fault at times yeh but their is other player in that squad that are costing us him leaving early isn’t going to change anything .... the team need to create and score more not decide to play in the last ten minutes of games

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Is the prodigal son jack hendry coming back seemingly been best defender in Belgium

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The_Bhoy likes this.
  18. scootz

He's a square peg trying to fit into a round a hole.

I've no doubt he's probably a good backs-to-the-wall defender - but he's really not suited to playing on the front foot.

19. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    He's the equivalent of Jack Hendry. Neither are up to that (I was going to our) level of senior football. I don't care if he's picked for his National Team.....* knows you only have to look at what's picked for ours! Saying that I like the fella. Doesn't detract from the fact that he's a bit of a cart horse. If you want someone physical who will just stand around and give out a few lumps he's your guy. Celtic needs to be doing better with their signings. Laxalt has been the best of the three by far and even he needs a bit of coaching.

20. Pearse67*

weve been backs to the wall recently.