1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Board

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by The Prof, Oct 26, 2020.

Discuss The Board in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

You're miles aff

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  2. saltire78

The reason our board don't do 'soft loans', or whatever they're called now, is because they CAN'T. We have proper accounts, subject to genuine audits. What the huns are doing is flying in the face of all sense and is certainly 'questionable' (to say the least!) with regards to FFP and common financial rules.

Firstly, our genuinely floated shares would need approval from genuine investors to even consider this, which there's no way they'd approve. Secondly, if they did it would flag in our reports and we'd get hockeyed by UEFA. Thirdly, whatever people think and want we're probably one of the best run clubs (from a business perspective) in the whole UK - take Spurs massive losses, even with their money coming in. There's no way they throw that out and have questions over their ability to generate revenues, just so they can throw money into hazardous transfers.

In certain cases, like Keane transfers (×2) and Rodgers signing, people like Desmond were prepared to TEMPORARILY subsidise SOME of the money (apparently), but those are by far the exception to the rule

3. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

Hope the pandemic hasn’t affected the dividends too much. Pig *.

4. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    So * we have bigger problems.

5. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    By the time anyone realises what needs to be done itll be too late.

What a disaster of a season.

6. DonnyCelt

They will come out when its far to late with the same pish.

"we felt we owed it to Neil to give him every opportunity to turn things around"

"We felt he was the right man at the time to turn it around, and we stand by that"

Blah blah blah

bkk bhoy likes this.
  7. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Finger out now!! *!!

Won't happen!

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  8. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    I know we are faithful through and through however, I think a lot of fans will be so * off with what has happened and the boards lack of action that they might think twice about renewing their season ticket. I am missing my football something awful however, I am retired now and my season ticket is a luxury that I often struggle to pay and it gals me to think that the likes of PL is getting paid millions for not doing his job properly and takes our support for granted.

moravcik1888 likes this.
  9. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    For me the board should be taking the brunt of blame now. Lennon is not going walk.

they need to act, the longer they don’t then the league is gone. the blame lies with them now.

Markybhoy and Sgt Neppers* like this.
  10. Pearse67*

They dont want to pay out money.

11. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    There is more chance of Neil Lennon walking than Lawell/Desmond pulling the trigger.

I would love to know their thinking behind appointing Gavin Strachan and who's idea it was. They think its acceptable to force a backroom staff on a manager? Lennon did not choose either Kennedy or Gavin Strachan neither would be there if he was allowed to choose his own men as he did in his first successful spell at Celtic when he had Parker, Mjallby and Thompson.

stubhoy07 likes this.
  12. DonnyCelt

I will never forgive the board for this. Blowing the 10 and overseeing and immense crumble from an unbelievable position of strength thats been built up over a period of 9 years, all in the first quarter of a season.

And we said their collapse last season was bad. We've topped that 10 fold.

Markybhoy and Rydo1888* like this.
  13. stew37

Lennon is never walking in my opinion, not during the season. Trying to be as polite as possible, but I'll just say he comes across as very stubborn. The best chance of this season being saved in my opinion is the board taking direct and immediate action and paying him off, and putting a decent amount of money into a new appointment, who ideally rejuvenates things. That's the only way we're possibly looking at a positive outcome I feel, the odds of which are growing less likely all the time I'm afraid.

I'm hoping the board understand/care how important this is for the future of the club.

14. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

It’s a staring competition between Lenny and the scum bag * on the board now. They’ll happily hang a club legend out to dry for what is essentially their disaster.

What a way for this era of dominance to end. Honestly * heartbreaking.

stew37 likes this.
  15. PaddyBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joos Valgaeren
    If ever there was time to shine Mr Desmond then it is tomorrow morning.

Or right now preferably

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  16. john2061

Just to think it's people within our own club that will kill off 10 in a row with the manager not resigning and not seeing he can * up our season by not going and to our board doing the old pals act with Lennon giving him more time than any other manager would have got .
    They must give him his P45 in the morning or they must go as well then as they don't give a * what the fans are saying or 10 in a row .

17. CountyDownFaithful

It’s a slap in the face to every single supporter that our spineless board are letting this disastrous spell continue.

The board themselves are the architects of our downfall but they aren’t going anywhere. They can redeem themselves by changing the whole management team immediately and then hiring a better recruitment team to work in sync with the new manager to rebuild our squad in the summer. That has to be their plan. They need to act now before it’s too late. We aren’t just going to lose 10 in a row, we are going to be giving the Huns a huge head-start over us next season if we let things continue as they are.

No other manager would survive this.

18. oh bhoy

can none of these * see we are in freefall

19. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    The board gave the job to a man that was never going to turn it down , someone who will never get a bigger job than Celtic. this is the biggest job he will have for the rest of his life. He won't leave it.
    The board are more responsible than anyone else in this mess. They have to go too.
    Regardless of how this season goes from here. Celtic as a club needs to go in a new direction. A complete board level and management clearout will be needed along with the large turnover in squad that will take place.

20. Martybhoy53

The appointment of Lennon in the shower and the refusal to consider anyone else for the job was downright folly on Lawwell's part and he has to be held accountable for the ensuing disaster that this season has turned into. Poor ambition from the board; cheap option as Lennon was compliant to them. The recruitment policy is a shambles with money being spent on players who sit on tbe bench or are nowhere to be seen. Downsizing; lack of foresight, arrogance, and complacency by the board and Lawwell in particular has resulted in what is now happening. The board need to go along with Lennon. They have shown utter contempt towards the many thousands of supporters who put millions into their club.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
    Tommy25 likes this.