1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Sparta Prague 4 - 1 Celtic , 26 Nov, Europa League

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Marty McFly, Nov 23, 2020.

Discuss Sparta Prague 4 - 1 Celtic , 26 Nov, Europa League in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. DEADEYECFC

Fav Celtic Player:
    teemu pukki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Did you get the interview early

2. Pearse67*

Huns 1 up already against benfica, they will * rape us!

3. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Yeah, but we are out regardless, which is what I was getting at.

4. Bonobhoy

Brown was part of the Treble Treble as was Ntcham.

And no one is deflecting blame from anyone.

5. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Do we get rid of Eddy, Ajer, McGregor etc as well?

According to you the whole lot of them need to go.

Keano88, Hammy89 and stew37 like this.
  6. Belfast_Bhoy

Meaningless in terms of where we were in this group and this campaign. But poignant in terms of proof that words from Broony, Calmac, RC etc are worthless. If Lenny went to them boys after the hibs game and told them their performance is going to loose/save his job and he needed them the fight to the death for him and they went ahead and played like that tonight then that tells the story.
    The story is is the manager has probably lost a few in the dressing room, and the rest can't be * arsed to show the grit we need. A game that was meaningless in terms of competition could have been the platform for big characters to show what they're made of but they let Lenny down. He also hasn't helped himself by sticking with players that are consistently inconsistent and systems that don't work.

All in all, a defeat that wasn't unexpected. A performance that was unfortunately expected and a near certain future of grim continuity.

But that said, I'll keep watching, loving, living, breathing Celtic. My worries and opinions based on what I'm currently watching are mine and are valid. No * pundit, former player or journo will stop me from criticising the excuse for a team (including manager and coaching team).

Time for change. By the way, been on this forum longer than some have been alive, experienced the 90s and felt the pain, so don't chime in with the "spoilt rotten" * ive been hearing.

Big els likes this.
  7. John Bhoy79 What chance have you got against a tie and a crest

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson,Jinky,McGrory,Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    It's not like we supporters expect the team to storm the Champions league. Just compete, give your all and don't be embarrassed. That shouldn't be too much to ask given the money we spend. Teams with far less resources do far better than ourselves nearly every season whilst we are regularly beaten by supposedly inferior sides and seem to suffer at least one humiliation every campaign.

8. Heb Celt

How many games do we have to lose/drop points in for a change to happen.This is getting beyond ridiculous now.

9. Bonobhoy

And according to your post,Lennon is to blame but the players aint? But so many want Brown removed from the planet along with Ntcham.

10. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    to many greats to be able to pick one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    They wont rape us,,,, we will just lie back and the will * us at their will.

11. jay62

its not that mate , trying to be a half arsed arbitrator , lennys tactics had the team up 1-0 , away from home , all you have to do is play basic football . the * players didnt! broonie * up, ajer * up ,christie , cant put a simple * ball in from set pieces, callum didnt want to mess his hair up! yes lenny probably has to go , but hold these * imposters responsible, the irony is , we need players on the pitch that gave all , like lenny as a player

12. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Brown is done. His legs have gone and it’s blatantly obvious. Ntcham has been like this for 3 seasons, even when Rodgers was in charge. He has one good game every other month.

I wouldn’t have been fussed if they left/retired last summer.

Your point makes no sense. There’s players in that squad who shouldn’t be here, regardless of who is in charge. But suggesting we get rid of our best talents because they’re underperforming this season, when an utter diddy is in the dugout, is * madness.

Any competent manager would have them firing.

MagicBallBhoy likes this.
  13. stew37

Agreed, think this whole bin the lot of them idea is ridiculous. I actually think we have a good squad of players but they're not being coached to get the best out of them, they look disjointed.

14. Big els

Fav Celtic Player:
    Currently: Ajer. Historically: Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I wanna be Edouard
    Could we enter the inter-Toto cup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Celticbhoy97

The huns will beat us by 5 or 6 if it didn’t hurt to say that so much I’d put a wedge on it

16. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    If were going to say * last season or the season before and judge Lennon on the present- then on present form- Ajer a few games aside but mcgregor and Eddy have been utter pish this season and should at least be dropped on their poor performances only problem everyone else has been pish aswell so it’s more who you drop them for and on their current performance and attitude s can see why certain fans would be glad to get them to * along with Lennon

17. Big els

Fav Celtic Player:
    Currently: Ajer. Historically: Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I wanna be Edouard
    Have you ever thought why the players have chucked it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. TIART Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wee Callum
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Incomprehensible. The 90’s were obvious, make no mistake it was * obvious what the issues were then.

This though, the money spent, the wages, the progression of the past years... * invincibles, Desso pitch, Hotel and Euro disco lights to shipping 21 goals in 9 games with a team of champions.

If these were all * players I’d understand and accept that even the worlds greatest managers couldn’t turn us around but there is one thing I do believe - the players are all capable but the manager is not.

I give not one * jot if the board back Lennon, they are business men not footballing men.

It’s about time we bring in a proper DoF and infrastructure similar to an Ajax or Salzburg and spend the money on a top coach that develops well scouted youth and promotes youth from within.

This gangrenous limb needs severed before it festers any further.

Proper footballing decisions and excellence need applied and applied now and if Lawwell can’t execute that he can * off anaw.

MagicBallBhoy and Big els like this.
  19. Trequartista

Scunnered doesn’t even cut it.

20. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    An aggregate of 8-2 against a top European side like Barca or Real Madrid etc would be embarrassing. We've lost that aggregate against Sparta Prague. A team in turmoil themselves. Not acceptable, and Lennon should be gone before the morning papers.

Lennon1888, Slaw, Rydo1888* and 5 others like this.
  21. rickyroma25

For those saying blame the players. Lennon's been given a fortune to bring his own players here. If he didn't think he had the right types then he should have spent that money more wisely instead of spunking it on guys he never plays.

Hammy89 likes this.