1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Sparta Prague 4 - 1 Celtic , 26 Nov, Europa League

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Marty McFly, Nov 23, 2020.

Discuss Sparta Prague 4 - 1 Celtic , 26 Nov, Europa League in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. John Bhoy79 What chance have you got against a tie and a crest

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson,Jinky,McGrory,Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    To take anything from this game we need a similar performance as what we got against Lille. We got behind the ball in numbers and defended well for the most part whilst moving the ball quickly and deliberately in attack. We caused them a lot of problems and should have scored more. The Lille game was what I would call our only 'proper' European performance this season. By that I mean we weren't wide open in our play as we usually are, were disciplined and patient and also inventive and dangerous in attack. Half our trouble in European ties is we think we can play just as we do domestically and we get punished time and again for it.

2. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    How can you drop Bain when he just saved his second penalty of the season? He's in good form.

3. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Mon noo let's have a bit of positivity !

Can see Sparta only winning this aboot 3 nil. :ynwacelti

4. John Bhoy79 What chance have you got against a tie and a crest

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson,Jinky,McGrory,Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Bain has done fine overall. I had high hopes for Barkas but he just hasn't done enough as of yet.

5. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

:56::56:

6. jakes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Team need to step up tonight if we are to see any signs of recovery. I don't understand all this about Europe doesn't matter as it's all about the 10. Well being a Celtic supporter for a long long time I have witnessed the good & bad times but still always wanted the Hoops to win every game they played, whilst still entertaining the fans.
    I think too much is being made about this "10iar" as we should have been the dominant team no matter how many in a row. Finally a wee thought to all the "The Rangers are died brigade" Does this not make the whole situation so much worse if we have a "newly formed team" to come up through the leagues and overtake us in only eight years? Surely this is the real crime of falling asleep at the wheel by our board.
    Good luck to the Bhoys tonight H H

7. LoveTheTic88

Any specific reason why we’ve gone from 2/1 outsiders for this match to 1/1 favourites? Other than mad Celtic punters? Have they got lots missing? (Not that it mattered much in the reverse fixture)

Just seems like an awfully big turn in favour of Celtic.

thailandceltic likes this.
  8. Martybhoy53

I think we will be "too passive in the final third" and "a bit leggy".

Moore likes this.
  9. TIART Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wee Callum
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Quite liked this

10. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Need to win all 3 remaining matches and hope lille win their other 2 and if this happens we will qualify 2nd place in group

11. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Said this yesterday mate.. I had a quick look on betfair and we were slightly favourites @2.62.. now we are 2.12.. no idea why.. they beat us with their youth team last time so unless something happened their youth team and they are now playing their under 12s im not sure how we are favourites. Their league form is dire mind

12. oh bhoy

Elyounoussi and Christie as wide men is crippling our attack if Lennon had any clue he would have seen that months ago,we need players to get to byline and get crosses in something which neither do ,on top of which I can't seem to recall them doing much in the opposite direction either.Lennon should have pulled his head out of his * and sorted this a long time ago it's not rocket science

-------------barkas
    Elhamed---C.J.--C.A.---Taylor
    ------ McGregor- christie
    Klimala----elyounoussi--- laxalt
    ------------- Edouard

WhitleyCelt likes this.
  13. WhitleyCelt

Pretty much spot on. It is disgraceful that we went into the season with one winger on each side (Johnston and Forrest) who are both now injured. Total lack of preparation and a lack of focus on key areas. As you say playing those two on the wing is wasting them. I also think you can’t play Ely and Rogic in the same team, like Brown and Ntcham. Upsets the balance of the squad.

I’d be interested to see McGregor in the 10 role, always thought he had it in him.

14. LoveTheTic88

Celtic have an 8.7% win ratio away from home in Europa League proper. Regardless of us being outright favourites by some way now I'd be more inclined to trust the first stat.

Averaging 12 away games to get 1 win.

thailandceltic likes this.
  15. oh bhoy

Everyone could see we needed more options on the wings except lawwell and lennon,I have no doubt McGregor would be brilliant in there

16. Sgt Neppers*

Well according to our messiah, apart from all the games lost and drawn, despite poor organisation, fitness and cutting edge, were on course for the season. Considering we got shagged at home by a team with a fraction of our budget and reserves, along with current form, as stated in previous games. Win. Just * win.

In hope rather expectation.

17. Keano88

Regardless of what happened the first game we should be beating them tonight.

Aside from pumping us they’ve been pumped from Lille 1-4, Milan 3-0, Plzen 3-1 and Budejovice 2-4 in 4 of their last 5.

Anything other than a win is another poor result.

18. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Mon Celtic

Give us a performance please

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  19. CountyDownFaithful

As much as I want Lennon to go, I would also love him to turn it around. If that's possible, tonight has to be the starting point. First it was Lille, then it was Motherwell and now it's tonight.

For me I need to see some changes to how we are playing. I know we have been very poor defensively but we've been just as bad going forward - we genuinely struggle with getting the ball to our strikers. Ajeti probably received a pass less than 5 times at the weekend.

We need to see:

More passion and energy.
    Better defensive structure and decision making.
    More dynamic and ruthless going forward.

20. Cammaris

This is actually just 40 km from where I live, so normally I would at least have chance to see Celtic in person...
    On a side note. I still believe Lennon can somehow improve his tactics or at least regain his former talent for inspiration of the players. IMHO it will take at least another loss to the zombies in the league to get him out. To be fair we have had no luck with injuries, covid or otherwise this season.