1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    The guy lost the plot after Ferencvaros. If they were gonna do it they would have done it then i think and even then some would have said that was too late. That was them all in after leaving him in place after that and unless it goes seriously south between now and NY he's going nowhere. They'll know it's risky as * but probably feel it's riskier to put a new guy in. Even if they did change it now the majority of us will find it hard to forgive the board leaving it too late and they know this!!

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
  2. James Gold Member Gold Member

I get what your saying but neither of those 3 reasons are any reason to keep someone in a job. For me it should have either been just the banner or the statement. Regardless he needs to be gone and for me it's already been left to late

3. freitassen

The banner and the statement are extremely polite and reasonable.

JamesM09 likes this.
  4. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I agree but it's what some are arguing.

MoN has came out today in his defence talking about Bolingoli today, that chapter concluded months ago.

Sutton was ripping into Griffiths after Pittodrie as well.

Some players have let us down badly but we still need a new manager that can set us up to stop shipping cheap goals and get a bit of fluency in attack.

I still love Lennon and always will, I'm the last person that wanted it to come to Celtic fans holding up banners asking for.his removal but it's got to this point because we have weak and arrogant leaders that think they're above accountability.

Will it shame them in to finally taking.action? Maybe not,.nothing with this board would surprise me but with no crowds at games it's clear that we.need some way to hold their feet to the fire.

It's easy to avoid Twitter posts or forums like this but.no so easy to brush over people physically on our premises making their feelings known.

neilly1987, martin_d and James like this.
  5. CountyDownFaithful

This is well-needed from the Green Brigade. With the stadium closed, it's good to see the GB taking action and making our voices heard.

People usually dispute whether the GB represent a majority or a minority of our support - fair to say it's a majority on this occasion.

Just because the SMS are running with this 'the board have backed the manager' story, it doesn't mean we have to roll over and accept it.

6. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

It’s a pretty tame effort. Well done to them for doing it though.

neilly1987, freitassen and martin_d like this.
  7. stew37

Nothing wrong with the banner. It basically echoes what a lot of people have been thinking for a long time. My personal opinion is that if the board were going to act they would have done something by now though, and this won't change their thinking. The only way it would possibly change is if we failed to win any of maybe our next 4 league games on the trot, which I don't think will happen either. We'll probably just keep trundling along, couple wins, couple draws or maybe a wee defeat, which sadly wouldn't surprise.

neilly1987 and Breathnach67 like this.
  8. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Oh, it's from 2012

*returns to being a miserable **

thailandceltic likes this.
  9. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

What :giggle1::giggle1::giggle1::giggle1::giggle1::giggle1:

10. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    I think it's good that the banner was "tame" as the SMSM would have had a field day with a GB unveil vile anti Lennon type banner. It's unfortunate that it has came to this but, as everyone knows, there is no other way the fans, who are the lifeblood of the club, have a way of letting their feelings be known.

Whoflungdung likes this.
  11. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

I took a jaunt up to the stadium today too must of just missed them.

I think the banner and statement accompany each other perfectly.

You’ve still got dafties on Twitter saying “how can you treat a legend like that”.

neilly1987 likes this.
  12. Colin Robinson Gold Member Gold Member

Used to sit in 444. The Bhoys are nothing but neddy wee arseholes. Used to take the huff with the GB when they sang one of "their" songs.

neilly1987 and Cena like this.
  13. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

The people taking personal offence to criticism of Lennon are * creeps.

14. SuperZidane

Lennon and MoN go back nearly 25 years so I'm not too surprised Martin is speaking up - I wouldn't necessarily take what he says at face value.

Sutton is just full of **** - blames everyone but his mate Lennon.

I'm more annoyed at DD/PL than Neil Lennon - I don't think that Lennon is hanging on for a payoff (I truly think he believes that he's a great manger and its all everyone else's fault - the arrogance (throwing players under the bus and refusing to take the blame for anything was evident even during his first period as manager here).

We have been **** in all but a couple of games this season. I think the players have had it with Lennon and I don't blame them - no tactical ability, constantly blaming them, taking no responsibility, talking absolute **** after matches.

Why the board think he'll turn this round - I have no idea.

I don't think a change will be too made until we are too far behind in the league. The only ray of hope there would be if the board dumped the current "management team" and brought in someone with a whole new modern approach.

Knowing DD/PL - they'll keep Lennon until its too late and then replace him with JK.

I applaud the efforts of the GB - There is a terrible feeling of apathy (including myself) around many supporters at the moment that it's all going to **** and the people in charge couldn't care less.

thailandceltic and Sgt Neppers* like this.
  15. Colin Robinson Gold Member Gold Member

Depends on the nature of the criticism. Some of it comes across as being particularly scummy so don't have a problem with that being called out.

Those defending performances on the basis of him being a club legend, Barcelona, look at what he's gone through for Celtic etc. are unbearable. Deila would be gone already - he was a broken man by the time he left and didn't get the same special treatment.

neilly1987, KRS-1888 and Senna s1979 like this.
  16. The Dude

:giggle1:

17. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    * thinking we will get eddie howe or marco silva, kennedy would get any job going people who think otherwise clearly dont know the board, fans have become consumed with this ten in a row, its creating a divide if this was just a normal season i doubt much of this would happen

joemc likes this.
  18. The Dude

It's an old one, unfortunately.

19. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Meanwhile the board are desperately trying to fox the shoogly peg in the managers office.

20. JamesM09

I don’t really agree with this. It’s not just about the 10. This is the worst football we’ve played consistently since Mowbray. It’s a complete mess on the park with no direction whatsoever. Fitness has gone out the window and we’re seeing even our captain chuck it now.

People are also very quick to ignore that Lennon is presiding over this despite an embarrassment of riches and huge financial backing.

The 10 has nothing to do with it. Look at it in isolation and he needs to go.