1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. freitassen

You forgot our fantastic and unexpected win against the mighty powerful invincible Motherwell.

2. Maestro 08

Stop being an *. Never said it was fantastic or unexpected so don't make * up. The point I was making has obviously went right over your head ya boring b.

3. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

One of the best managers in our history? We’ve not really had all that many, for a start.

He definitely goes down as one of the most successful, but there’s a lot of caveats there.

One other way of looking at it is we’ve had 6 managers this century and he goes down as the 4th best. MON, Strachan and Rodgers were all better for us. Easily.

freitassen and thailandceltic like this.
  4. TransferBhoy

From what I’ve been told Lennon won’t be sacked. I suspect Mr Lawwell feels he owes Lennon one given he appointed Gavin Strachan when Lennon requested Myallby and Garry Parker back....

Also been told a number of players are not happy with the current training regime and have described some of Strachan’s sessions as a ‘shambles’. One day of the week is assigned to shape and that’s been particularly evident going on recent performances. And also if we compare our shape to Rangers who unfortunately looked extremely well drilled.

cat123 likes this.
  5. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    What exactly are the other sessions dedicated to then if you know? because it sure as * isn't fitness by the looks of things.

6. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    If that's true about Parker i'll hold up my hands right * now and say i called this way * wrong backing him from when he got the gig full time. I backed him with the proviso that he would stand up to that * after getting us over the line when the rat done one!!

Was he wearing a Ronny mask bending over in the showers in front of the fat * when he got it??

PS- regardless even if Parker didn't fancy it he should be standing up to that * anyway and was probably never gonna be in a better position to do so. If it's true he accepted anything just to get the gig then i think less of him for that.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
  7. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Lawell has undermined Lennon and his influence has compromised the team and Lennons efforts to rebuild, if he has disregarded Lennons wishes.
    I dont understand why an owner would hire a manager and then attempt to overrule him.

Our club is run so amatuerly, i wish Lawell would get so far to *.

8. TransferBhoy

Genuine question.. has anyone actually seen Lennon even speak to Strachan? All communication seems to go through Kennedy.

9. Maestro 08

This is partly what I was trying to say earlier, the problems run beyond Lennon and I think a new manager will face the same issues.

cat123 and G_portillo like this.
  10. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Despite the status quo, i dont think what Lennon has achieved should be underrated.

Whatever the outcome, I hope the way some of the players have let Lennon down is reflected in some kind of caveat, because what hes had to deal with in terms of griffiths and boli should never hav happened at a top level club.

further to that, the continued shambolic transfer strategy must also be borne in mind.

cat123 and Mystic Penguin like this.
  11. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    I think Rodgers stood up to Lawwell more so than a lot of us think....I also think he knew that what is happening now was just round the corner.

12. TransferBhoy

I think that’s mainly why Brendan left. He know he had took us as far as he could and under Lawwells regime he wasn’t going to do much more.

cat123, Twisty, Dannybhoy81 and 2 others like this.
  13. Brian Dunphy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Merry Plougboy
    The transfer strategy has been a disgrace for years. Constant 2- 2.5 million players. Lennon cannot be blamed for that. The Shved signing proved that the managers are not 100% in charge of the signings

14. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    I was also in favour of Lenny getting the job. Only thinking about the positives having someone who loves the club in charge. Not thinking about the fact that the squad is suited to the exact opposite of Lennons way of setup.

This is like having a car mechanic in charge of a sushi restaurant. A worker, but has no idea * he’s doing.

Easier to replace the manager instead of hiring 15 sushi chefs.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

jocksteinupper likes this.
  15. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    This is a massive problem that's been ignored whenever the results are good. We have a disjointed club, where the cooperation and trust between the board and those that deal with everyday football is minimal.

G_portillo, cat123 and Sonic Reducer like this.
  16. TransferBhoy

As I’ve said previously on here the transfers are all done by Nicky Hammond and his team. Lennon supplies Hammond with the positions he needs filled and Hammond does the work in terms of identifying and Lawwell deals with the negotiation.

17. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    And that's being generous.

James likes this.
  18. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

He could have punted Griffiths. He signed him years ago and knows the character of him. Don’t really have much sympathy over that.

Shambolic transfer strategy? Most agreed at the time that the summer transfer window was one of our best in a long, long time. He can’t complain about not being backed.

For whatever reason he’s dropped his £5m keeper and hasn’t given Turnbull a chance to kick a ball.

The_Bhoy, Sonic Reducer and Hammy89 like this.
  19. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Yeah I have. Usually whilst having a look at the laptop/tablet. Haven't seen them in much deeper conversation than that.

20. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    I'd be open to Lennon staying on if someone could replace Strachan and make an immediate impact, if what you saying is accurate .. no internationals to well into new year.. if Damien duff was as good as suggested money should be thrown at him.. but we can't forget sevco and Cluj copenhagen were all at a time Lennon , Kennedy, duff were in dug out

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

cat123 and Breathnach67 like this.