1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Dubliner1

Great post. A lot of people on here seem to miss a lot of the things u have highlighted

The_Bhoy, The67Sound and Maestro 08 like this.
  2. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

If you can’t see the monumental difference between now and the past, then you’re part of the problem.

3. Maestro 08

The huns flying at the moment or the pandemic, or both?

4. Colin Robinson Gold Member Gold Member

Our magnificent performance away to Lille where we threw away a 2 goal lead and our "comeback" in Aberdeen where we threw away points in the last minute?

If that's what we're clinging to these are truly desperate times.

5. Maestro 08

Not clinging to them. An away point to Lille is not to be sniffed at and it was more to highlight how it would point to Lennon not losing the dressing room. The performance against Aberdeen wasn't great either but again it was to highlight the players showing some fight for the manager. The post kind of made that obvious I thought.

6. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    We’ve been utter dug * most of the season, that’s the long and short of it really.

7. JamesM09

Rodgers was poor that final season because the * wanted away. When he needed to turn it on, he did. We couldn’t even concede a goal once he started trying. So comparisons to that seasons don’t look too good.

Jack Ross’s Hibs are *. How low are we going that we’re saying 2-2 is a good result while the Huns have conceded 3 * goals in the same league, having played 2 games more. Gees peace.

The performances haven’t been poor, they’ve been abysmal. A disorganised mess full of rookie tactical mistakes and bizarre decisions. A few last minute goals have spared us a much bigger gap. Results have flattered to deceive.

Jesus Christ we didn’t register a shot on target against the Huns. At home.

‘We beat Motherwell away recently.’ - * me, enough said.

8. James Gold Member Gold Member

I can honestly say having watched us this season I don't think I've ever thought the players are fighting for the manager. What's the point anyway if the manager isn't good enough regardless ? We're a bawhair away from December and he still doesn't know his best formation

JamesM09 likes this.
  9. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    The draw will Lille and the comeback against Aberdeen were just another two results which only masked our frailties. We have been playing without any spark and/or imagination sines the start of the season and practically everyone saw that.

JamesM09 likes this.
  10. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    But you just knew we were going to fold in the second half..... at least this pesemistic * did..

JamesM09 likes this.
  11. cat123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields Of Athenry
    I think the problem is the pandemic is hurting us much more than Sevco.

I still back NL the more I hear our support going on about sacking him makes me back him more. I honestly hate the fact fans are not allowed at the games and I think this whole season would have been different if we could have got to the games.

I hope NL brings the ten home and tells PL that he's out after it, the Celtic support have lost it. There has always been an overreaction amongst the support but it's just crazy now.

If we sack NL we'd be handing the league to Sevco without a fight. I'd rather get our poor form out early as I'm sure the dark side will start to drop off as always.

12. cammy07

The fact there's no crowd at the games is actually helping lennon immensely, if results were the same and Parkhead was full it would be a toxic place for lennon and the team.

I still think we can turn things around and win the league this season, however in order to do that we need a change in the dugout and the longer we take to do that the more harm we're doing to our chances.

JamesM09, stew37 and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  13. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Being content with mediocrity.

14. ddub11

Why the * would anyone want Mon or Keane?Mon is passed it (just another lennon)and keane is absolutely useless when its comes to the management side of things,when he was with Ireland you would expect players to be fired up going out but i can honestly say they were never fired up.

I try to think what people actually think keane would bring to the table based on his past experience in management and i genuinely cant think of anything hes rubbish in fact lennon would probable do a better job than him.

We need someone who can bring something new and fresh to the club,think Rodgers as an example.We need a manager who will be his own man and will bring in a higher level of professionalism,fitness,and who will set a standard and lead by example. Everything that lenny is not.

15. Maestro 08

I think we can all agree the pandemic and lack of fans has had a big effect on us and as much as it might pain us to say it the huns are flying.

These are two things not even a new manager will be able to affect.

I'm honestly not saying Lennon should stay as we can all see thing aren't right and I'm getting sick of it as well. Just wanted to show that maybe it's not all on Lennon and a new manager might face the same hurdles.

Mystic Penguin likes this.
  16. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    If anything the comes backs against Aberdeen and Hibs just shows for the majority of most games until something has to be done the players are in barely second gear and give zero *. A few players under performing is one thing but when the whole squad is underperforming that surely falls on the manager and coaching staff

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

17. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    The way some fans are talking about Lennon is disgraceful at the end of the the day he won 5 out of the last 9 titles and is one of the best managers in our history regardless of what happens this season.

cat123 likes this.
  18. Mr. Slippyfist

No *'s talking about any other season bar this one.

19. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    By all means criticise him for the performances the seasom but people calling him a * and writing on bed sheets need their head checked.

20. James Gold Member Gold Member

No club in the country is playing in front of a full house that's to easy a kop out. The fact is we're now at the * end of November and have put in 2 3 at most good performances and the manager still doesn't know his best formation never mind his best XI

Keano88, JamesM09, stew37 and 2 others like this.