1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Celticbhoy97

Surely someone must be ready to set up a demonstration outside Celtic Park next week this can’t keep going on.

2. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Lockdown and no fans at the stadium is literally saving his job and saving the board the effort and cost of sacking him

Raoul Duke and DuffyBhoy like this.
  3. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    your too biased to even debate with. Your trying to discredit lennons titles, in that case you would need to do the same with deila and rodgers. Infact it would reflect deila in an even worse light.

im not denying this season, so far, has been hugely disappointing and under an acceptable standard, but you are way off with the rest.

4. Sin

If he's still here tomorrow I'm going to do something I never thought possible.
    The Europa League is gone, no chance to get out of that group, if he's still in charge I'll be hoping for nothing less than an absolute hammering on Thursday and then maybe that's enough to get him to *.

I know it's * awful to wish for Celtic to lose but maybe losing turns us back into winners!

5. Celticbhoy97

Bias? give up mate I have criticised Deila at the time and I was the 1st to call out our * performances in Europe but give me PSG firing 6 past us than * Prague’s reserves firing 4 by us and watching us toil against teams in our league that can’t manage a European run past the 2nd qualifying rounds

6. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    A * woeful manager, the fact he hasn't been sacked yet is a disgrace, shambles from back to front. Everyday he remains manager is a * bad day for us a club. Please Neil just * leave.

7. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    I'd rather beat Barca 2-1 than draw 2-2 with Manchester City. We can all cherry pick results to suit our agenda.

He may be failing now but we don't need to rewrite history to stick the boot in

Senna s1979, PaulM1888 and Doogs. like this.
  8. Celticbhoy97

Play that Barca game 100 times we lose 99 times.. again Fraser Forster won us that game not Lennon 10% possession and 2 shots... fantastic result but again not a barometer of good management. We went and got pumped off Killie that weekend aswell

9. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Forster and wanyama won us that game. We were sliced open countless times and if it were any other keeper in goals we would have lost badly.

10. green-yin

Never expected an announcement today tbh. Hoping we get one early tomorrow. If we dont hear anything, it just shows you what our board think of our fans opinion. The same fans who have fired in £500+ for season tickets to watch this * we're getting served up in the house all season.

11. paulmcq1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgeady, donati, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    Its not rewriting history, pragues reserves did infact put 4 past us.

Lewis Kerr, Raoul Duke and JamesM09 like this.
  12. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    Who got us our first away CL win? Who got us our highest ever group stage European total?

13. JamesM09

The thing is, anything Lennon done in his first spell is absolutely irrelevant now. You’re not going to get a result in our next game by explaining to the players what Lennon achieved 8 years ago.

All that matters is what happening now. His overall legacy is something to be looked at once his time at Celtic is done. He’s doing a very very poor job now and there’s nothing to suggest it will get better and everything to suggest it will get worse.

That’s why he needs to go.

Sgt Neppers*, Twisty, Sin and 2 others like this.
  14. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    Thats only an example of cherry picking game. So players win games and managers lose them. Do we blame Duffy then rather than Lennon for our current situation. Or maybe our strikers for lack of goals?

15. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    It's rewriting cherry picking two results to compare managers

16. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Biggest evidence so far is he has brought a Martin O’Neill approach because this team have no direction and quickly run out of ideas going forward ... evidence that they don’t work on shape or drills during training and they don’t work on tactics or what their opponents weaknesses are ... Rodgers used to hand the player a dossier for every game that included info on the ref and what he would and won’t let teams away with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JamesM09 likes this.
  17. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    We could look back over a zillion games and pick this or that, what matters is the here and now, we're clearly in a mess and the question is how do we fix things ?

First priority is to get Lenny out, there has to be someone out there who would step in even if it's just until the end of the season.

This whole...............aye but who do we get in................that's up to the Board to do their job, we went from an EPL manager to someone that was punted by Hibs, it was lazy, lacked ambition and it's come back to bite us in the * big time.

18. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    Don't fill me full of dread mate, plz no

19. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

At a time when Rafa Benitez had no club as well.

20. JamesM09

Bingo and I bet the teams we play against in Europe do it too, since there’s literally tens of millions of pounds to be won. Our tactics are, ‘Understand what it means’ .. ‘Show more hunger’ and ‘Go on Odsonne!!’