1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Will we win the league?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Oct 30, 2020.

Discuss Will we win the league? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. paulo123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Aye its done, they * arent dropping many by the looks of it.
    * sickening

2. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    We might do.

I'm not conceding it that's for sure.

3. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    As things stand, aye. Handing it to them.

4. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    Beating them at Ibrox would put a bit of the panic on them again, if we managed to win all our games up till then. It could be ‘de facto’ 2 points behind by then.

The most embarrassing bit? I’m not sure how we can beat them the way it is going just now. Not knowing how to beat or even put a semi-acceptable performance against them is the most embarrassed I’ve felt as a Celtic fan in 10 years.

Give me those ‘embarrassing’ 5-0 PSG pumpings and the freak Red Imps results any day of the week over not having any clue how to play against that mob...

5. Moore Brendan Rodgers OUT Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE + Grace + YNWA
    Fukin right we will!! .....only with new coaching staff though.

6. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Aye, but the Sun is banned on this site so dont want you missing out ;-)

7. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

No chance we can say it’s over with 25 games left but if we keep playing like this then it’s over. Need a change of management aswell but the problem with that is Lennon won’t get sacked or leave until to much damage has been done that no once can save this season. Has to go now for me, losing at Ibrox to go 14 behind is too late and he will no doubt be given until that game.

8. KingArtur'1

Naw and anybody thinks we will are deluded. Too many happy clappers and love lenny brigade. Would give ye the boak

9. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    No doubt the Board will spring intae action when we go 20 points behind the uglies.

10. Dubliner1

The issue we have compared to previous years - THEY have got much stronger. We are weaker. The gap has closed bigtime. Looking at both squads over the last 5 years. That's it in a nut shell. This current Celtic team is one of the weakest in many years. We have a bigger problem than the manager. Who was responsible for recruitment? Is it the manager. Not getting Forster back was the biggest mistake

11. SkyeCelt

Gerrard is hungry for success. I dont think Lennon can be arsed.

littlekennie likes this.
  12. Dazman1988

Fav Celtic Player:
    Cal Mac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    Upon looking at our fixtures vs there’s, ours look a lot more favourable for the next few months (clutching at straws here but still)Without stating the obvious, win right up to the zombies game and beat them we are right back in the mix. If we were 11 behind without 2 games in hand I’d concede it was probably done. This again is based on us putting together a decent run of form which at the moment no one can be certain of. I’m not for a second saying I am not concerned because I am, but if we have this defeatist attitude it will get us no where.

13. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    not giving up yet , so yes .

14. Andybhoy93

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    No! Simply because, it's not the hun scum we have to worry about now, it's the mentality of our team and the other teams in the league we have on our shoulders

I hope to * I'm wrong though

15. Mr. Slippyfist

We said it before the season started that the only team who will beat us for the league this season was/is us, and that’s certainly proving this far to be the case.

Clearly it’s still more than mathematically possible (results dependent) for us to claw back the title, but current results/performances/projected results etc are making for grim grim thought.

23rd of November and we are 11 points behind that lot who are 100% playing for this title.

My * man, my *...

The_Bhoy likes this.
  16. celtic warrior

If we change manager right now, show ambition and bring in someone close to that level of Rodgers then yes.

Win our games in hand that's 6 points, then arguably win 2 and draw 1 of the 3 games against sevco that's another 7 points.

Under Lennon though, of the 13 points I say we can win, I'd be shocked if we won anymore than half that total

That is difference to our season getting the right guy in to win trophies and not going for the easy cheap option because it happens to a club legend the board think fans will just cream over and accept.

The_Bhoy and Stevie6767 like this.
  17. lazyregula

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing!
    No giving up because of the games in hand. But is slipping away slowly. Huns are playing organised and together for every game. I don't know what's going on with us, but we need to start playing for the title now. A few more stupid loss or draw in the next few weeks and your thinking it's an uphill battle for win the title.

18. RiquelmeCSC

I actually cannot believe it’s November and we are already taking about how we can “mathematically” catch up with them.

It’s an absolute disgrace that after the last 4 years within 3 months this is what we are reduced to.

19. Foley1888

Without a change in manager now, no chance. All the looking at fixtures of both teams won’t matter as we can’t win two games in a row the now regardless of who we are playing. we are tactically naive and have so many underperforming players.

They will have a blip at some point but we shouldn’t be relying on that to stay in touch, in addition we are falling so far behind the blip won’t really matter. Where this should be a high pressure season for both we are failing to apply any on them and subsequently heaping it on ourselves.

20. DEADEYECFC

Fav Celtic Player:
    teemu pukki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover