1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Hibs V Celtic Saturday 21st November 3pm kick off Hibs TV

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Nov 16, 2020.

Discuss Hibs V Celtic Saturday 21st November 3pm kick off Hibs TV in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

theres always hope, the huns thought they had won the league after beating us last christmas and we came back from dubai and went on a cracking run and their bottle crashed to take the 9

think over the last few years pressure has had an effect on the team and then weve got scott brown declining a very important leader for us on the park we dont have many of them

we need to make the change we cant * about with scott brown anymore neil seems to think if its not brown then its ntcham but he hasnt set the place a light, so who do we play alongside mcgreggor in center christie ? turnbull ?
    were missing forrest undoubtedly one of our most experienced players who has bailed us out with goals in the past, were missing julian aswell and were missing a goal scorer weve not had a regular goal scorer this season so far, we need griff in this team play eddie yes by all means but play griff aswell from the start

the players need to go out on the park with a spring in their step, football is fun, when players enjoy football teams play well, if the team and players aren't responding to neils tactics tell them to go out work hard and enjoy there football

cat123 and Metrobhoy like this.
  2. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Still fecking raging. Hope the board, manager and players have a good night's sleep after all their efforts today and over the past few months to * up our quest for the 10.

Artorias likes this.
  3. Crilly

Was listening to John Collins on hibs tv and he made a good point. Frimpong is a rb, not a winger and when he gets the ball he has no winger infront of him and christie and rogic would go in central. Celtic need a to play with wingers like we did with forrest and Sinclair so well and with full backs supporting like KT did. Frimpong been brutal lately but Lennon is expecting too much from Jeremie I think with not much support

4. Crilly

I’ve calmed down now and I’m still positive Lennon needs to go. I’m beginning not to like him altogether, his press conference he was throwing people under the bus and it’s everyone’s fault by his and HE made the changes to change the game and bring us back. He left them changes to late. He then said he needs griff and edouard to show more of that hunger etc but he didn’t bring them on until after 70 mins????? How can they show it from the bench? He hasn’t a clue what he’s doing and has no idea how to fix it imo

5. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I called for 5 subs at HT. When players are not giving 100% get them subbed at Earliest Opportunity.

Subbing the let's every player know that the first 45 minutes is all they get to show their worth.

Brutal performances require brutal remedies.

Easter Rd Davie likes this.
  6. Trequartista

First half we had all the ball and created a couple of half chances but we always looked so vulnerable as soon as they attacked, which has been much the case all season. There’s absolutely no tempo or style to our play and it’s the same boring recycling of the ball with nothing really happening.

I don’t even know where you start with the two goals we conceded. It’s hard enough for us to get the results we need as it is when we are struggling to play well and have a manager who has no idea what to do.

The most experienced guy in our team and on the park and he gives away a penalty like that. Honest to *, which * chance do we have if that’s what we are doing on top of all the other stuff? Just mindless nonsense and despite the penalty being saved, they scored the rebound because we were static. Second goal, absolutely no challenge for the header as Christie and Frimpong staring at each other. Nobody tracks the run of Nisbet and Bain beaten again.

Absolutely scunnered to the back teeth. We all knew we needed maximum points in the lead up to the Huns game.

7. TIART Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wee Callum
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Quite interesting to read the majority of player threads are basically critical of the player to the extreme and by that I mean “getting them to *”.

Brown, Frimpong, Cham, Christie, Barkas, Duffy, Ajeti, Moi, Rogic(before his recent form), even Eddy has had it. I mean I could go on but I do understand post-match raw emotion.

If we got rid of all these players we’d have no * squad.

There’s one central figure that influences how players play, keeping them happy and confident - The manager.

It’s a sinking ship right now and the closer January comes, like it or not, players will want to go to pastures new.

This notion may not sit well with us as fans. “If they don’t want to play for the hoops, they can * off”. - sadly that’s not modern football and quite a naive mindset to have these days as much as I wish it weren’t the case.

Players will remain if they’re pushed to excel, developed and challenged tactically, even against the dross we play, and we need Champions League qualification to entice and distract modern footballers from the away days at Hamilton.

We’re failing on every front and it’s simply not just the players. This is a Champions squad with a plethora of well paid and highly valued and talented individuals.

Lennon isn’t doing it, the players are disenchanted. What we need is a highly respected top coach to see this season out. Someone that walks in the door and the players immediately respect and want to play for to showcase their talents and rise to the challenge.

I fully believe that alone would kickstart these players and potentially save the season. Sad matter of fact, that type of manager may not be available and the board don’t appear to be doing much at all to change it up.

Aaaarrrgghhhh - * * fuckity *.

Easter Rd Davie likes this.
  8. DonnyCelt

Any links to the goals?

9. cas79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough

Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk

DonnyCelt likes this.
  10. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Tell you what's telling. Our players standing with their hands on their hips at Hib's penalty whereas the wee guy who scored was anticipating the keeper saving it and was on his toes to react quicker. Fecking amateurish - like the rest of our defending. Yep, still raging

Easter Rd Davie and cas79 like this.
  11. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

12. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    THAT is inexcusable.

Absolutely shocking from two professional footballers.

I was taught to follow in since as long as I can remember. Making me more and more angry :31: Disgusting.

_DannyBhoy_ likes this.
  13. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    We badly needed the 3 points and failed to get them, right now i don't look forward to any of our games, we canny go on like this.

14. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    In the league we have;

St Johnston,
    Kilmarnock,
    Ross County,
    Hamilton,
    Dundee United,
    Huns.

6 games up to and including the huns, I honestly see us dropping points in all bar the Ross County and Hamilton games. Sad days when that is the case, hurts to say that and don't think I have ever truly felt we are this poor and concerning in all my days - and yes I include the 90s in this before I get classed as being a new age spoilt supporter.

Directly after the huns we have Hibs and Livingston, on past experiences this season and last, no one can be confident in those either.

The Prof likes this.
  15. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

Same here mate, it’s the basics and like you said what we are all taught from a young age :31:

Didn’t notice it during the game. Same with Broony, far too slow to react.

Look how far Ajer is into the box compared to the rest!

16. SwissCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aiden McGeady, Artur Boruc
    Don't think we'll drop more than 1 or 2 points in all those games together even with Lennon. The league is just too pathetic. We can play absolute * and still draw against Aberdeen and Hibs and the other teams are even much worse. Average managers like those from Ferencvaros or Sparta can outsmart us easily but Scottish managers just seem to be miles of those.

17. limezer

Frimpong supposedly the fastest in the team, really poor attitude at the penalty.
    He’s really turning into a one hit wonder.

DonnyCelt likes this.
  18. Big C

I think we’ve been asking too much of a boy so young. He’s been off the pace for a few weeks now bad needs rested. El hamed should be our number 1 right back.

limezer likes this.
  19. JamesM09

Thank * we had our captain, leader on the pitch there to make sure everyone was focused after the penalty was given away..

Aw wait he’s just doing * all too.

Mind everyone was saying Ajer wasn’t trying and wanted away?

20. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I agree. James Forrest is not appreciated by some Celtic fans, he is vital to Celtic. He has been a first pick for every manager hes played under. Rodgers played him instead of Paddy Roberts who was flying and in top form at the time which shows how highly he rated him, he is appreciated by people who know football.

Crilly likes this.