1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. ddub11

Just watched dubs hammer meath and listened to pundits comments afterwards.

They spoke about how the dubs never stop playing even when the games over as a contest,and its all down to keeping your place on the team.Stop trying and your out.

Its a simple way of doing things but extremely effective,lennny needs to work along them lines.We have a group of players who seem guaranteed of ether starting a game or getting a run out at some stage.

We have a big squad and lenny should use what we have instead of sticking with the usual players,this is making them lazy and complacent,i really believe if certain players were benched and replaced with fresh talent(from the squad)we would see a change in attitude from the whole squad.

akadexter and thailandceltic like this.
  2. eddiemcd1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larson
    No more time OOT now!!

3. Brian Dunphy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Merry Plougboy
    Dont buy that. If that was the case he would have been sacked and why would Lawell take him back? I know it's the cheap option but surely Lawell isnae that daft

paulie walnuts likes this.
  4. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    Nonsense.
    Lennon did a more than decent job first time around. He was never the right appointment this time and his time is up but his first spell in charge was far better than Deila’s.

akadexter and King of Kings like this.
  5. gandolf

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc and Mick
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Joe McDonnell
    I’m a half glass full man, I still believe the bad luck the squad has suffered this season has added to a few below par performances. We could have easily had two penalties before Browns stupid challenge today.

I would say we have dominated nearly every game I have watched this season apart from the no-show against the huns.

For me sacking Lennon this early would be the wrong decision, unless we had someone in the Rodgers calibre.

6. JamesM09

I'm fairly sure Deila coming in as assistant to run Lennoxtown is a matter of fact although I'd need to double check. The main speculation is if that was the primary reason for Lennon leaving, which seems reasonable to me. Wouldn't you think he would take the hump?

Mjallby already left before the end of the season and I think Parker being removed too. Just to be clear, I'm not saying Lennoxtown was at the point where someone should be sacked, it just wasn't being run as professionally as it should've been.

Also Lawwell would clearly take him back on the condition he has say over who runs things like Lennoxtown, since that was the major problem at the time. Apart from that issue, they seemed to have a good relationship. Don't think things like that bother Lawwell too much as long as Celtic are winning. It's only when we couldn't even win domestic cups with a deed Rangers that he stepped in to fix it.

akadexter likes this.
  7. JamesM09

Completely agree, hence why that's got nothing to do with the discussion. Why you talking about something else?

I'm talking about the reason Lennon left, and I'm saying it's mostly because his assistant was being picked for him because training wasn't being done properly.

8. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Very easy to make changes when steam rolling teams .. completely different when manager has lost dressing room and every game is must win (which we aren't winning)

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

9. Fully87

Fav Celtic Player:
    Leigh Griffiths
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    The enthusiasts choice, has Eastbourne playing some sexy football. Also knows Scottish football inside out.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
    JamesM09 likes this.
  10. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

With the exception of a few games we have been brutal all season, the huns beat us at CP again, how much worse would things have to get before you think Lenny should be sacked ?

It's clear for all tae see that Lenny has lost the plot big time.

Peej, Sgt Neppers*, Rydo1888* and 3 others like this.
  11. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    Sorry, I thought you said he was hungover all the time and there was a lack of professionalism around the club.
    I also thought you said Deila was brought in to sort his mess out.

12. gandolf

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc and Mick
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Joe McDonnell
    He should definitely get to the new year, and the next old firm. If we drop any domestic points during that spell, then I would concede that it’s time for change.

13. JamesM09

Exactly, I did say those things. Where did I say Deila was better than Lennon's first spell?

14. oh bhoy

he should have been gone a long time ago

15. JamesM09

So just to be clear, he shouldn't definitely get to the new year, just until we drop more points?

16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

17. CountyDownFaithful

So you would wait until we drop more points before sacking him?

18. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

I think that’s one of the problems with the players currently starting, if you don’t perform it doesn’t really matter that much as you’ll likely start the next week. Think it’s time for players like Griffiths to start regularly, plays for the shirt, gives 100 and cares about the ten. The ten as much as it means to us, unfortunately doesn’t mean really anything to the majority of the players.

akadexter likes this.
  19. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    We are basically agreeing on this but I felt your post about lennon’s first spell was a bit disrespectful. I thought he did a good job and find it hard to believe he was hungover all the time.

20. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    He needs to go now if we are to stand any chance. He doesn't seem to have the organisational or tactical skills to overcome the deficit. Other managers are showing him up.