1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Odsonne Edouard

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by CelticKurd, Aug 31, 2017.

Discuss Odsonne Edouard in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    i will put that down to Covid and recovery.. but the next few games will tell us as he had plenty of speed in the French game.

2. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Ah so he can beat a defender for speed. Remember that?

Also showing he can hold off his man in a 50/50 and show pace and desire to get on the end of thing's..

No the same guy who is static for us and barely moving..

His whole attitude has been a disgrace this season..

Sonic Reducer likes this.
  3. Trequartista

You can’t help but feel frustrated when you see him perform the way he did for the U21s considering how ineffective and lacklustre he has been for us.

He was spearheading their attack like the man leading the line should do yet he always drops far too deep when playing for he. Who knows what the reasons are for the difference in performance levels but as I said, it certainly leaves you frustrated and somewhat annoyed.

4. stew37

He's not been as good as we know he can be, bit greedy at times, but we've been collectively fairly *, with very little quality supply to him. Glad to see him doing well, hopefully he's finding form.

5. charlietully

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Showed a real intent and hunger to get in there which is not something he has done with us for a while now. Having said that, that defending was diabolical..

6. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

It was long before he contracted Covid though, Lennon even said:

“I think he has about three or four more gears to come,” Lennon said. “That’s a question you need to ask him.

“Again, I was disappointed with his performance. He needs to settle down. Hopefully after tomorrow he will.

“I can’t speculate but I think it’s apparent it’s been affecting him, but I can’t think for him or put words into his mouth.

“He’s a brilliant player, but we are just not seeing the best of him at the moment."

Aye, we'll see if he can apply the same effort for the club that pays his wages. I'd be inclined to go with Ajeti til he shows he's ready to do that.

7. elbhoydo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Then back to the spl trying to beat 5 or 6 players 30 yds from goal. Totally different set up, he has been poor this season but so have the whole team. When have we seen him through the middle like that, we always play down the wings very rarely through the middle like his goals there. Space galore last night, will never happen in the league.

Peej likes this.
  8. Jeremie Frimpong

Post removed by staff pending action for breaking site rules.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2020
    FrankMcCallum, Pearse67* and honda like this.
  9. R u n e

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Dare I say that's got absolutely nothing to do with this thread. Am I wrong in what I've said just out of curiosity?

10. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

How can you make a run like that when we play teams who are never that high up the field.

11. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

Post removed by staff pending action for breaking site rules

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2020
  12. CountyDownFaithful

Start him on Sunday and see where his head is at. If he can't get up for a game of this magnitude then that should be his final chance. Hopefully his confidence will be high after breaking the u21 goal record for France although I don't think poor confidence is the reason for his performances this season.

If he has given up then he will 100% be sold in January. Lawwell won't let him get to 12 months on his contract and his value decreasing in line with his poor form.

13. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Good on him getting the goals, not going to judge him either way in relation to what he does for France and what he is doing this season.

* and moaning that Edouard looks like he aint trying for us, although maybe true, in this season is a bit dumb when we all to a man know Lennon is the issue this season.

We can see that the team are not playing for Lennon, we can see that the man management is pretty bad, the squad management is worse. The formations and at times either stubborn team selection, or favoured player selections is obviously all playing a part. Add in to the more obvious fitness issues the club has, the fact the manager has previous for bad fitness at this club, that the manager is now coming out and stating we do not analysis performances, good or bad, is shocking.

I wouldn't blame a lad like Edouard for being a bit half arsed, when the rest of the squad is in the same mood. Sure they should all suck it up and get on with it, but if the situation at the club (at playing level) is as far gone as most of us assume it to be, then I aint going to be pretending I am shocked that the lad manages to find some spark and motivation when he is playing for his country, where he is likely surrounded by players and coaches who want to work and develop them and take a bit of time and care in their fitness, health, game management and career goals etc.

14. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    He's had covid and believe me even a very mild form of that can have a big impact on energy levels and also your breathing too for a while after. I'll accept that he was pretty gash before that too but there's very few, if any, that can claim to have had a decent start to the season. Very few pass marks there so maybe the manager and backroom team to to take a bit of the flak here too, ehhh??

You also stated your point in here twice over 2 pages so maybe some people would think you've got an axe to grind or dare i say it, something else??

So yeah, i would say your point is at best misplaced.

jj81 likes this.
  15. honda Gold Member Gold Member

We gonna use this covid thing as an excuse until hes sold now? Guys blatantly not gave a * and hasnt tried here this season.

16. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Not really what I said but whatever!!

17. celtic warrior

Aye, it seems obvious right?

But clearly not, I mean ffs, is it really hard to grasp the fact that when playing for France u-21's he's likely going to find more spaces and come up against national teams who don't play 13 men behind the ball like they do regularly against Celtic domestically (the extra man being the ref)

He's not afforded the space to make such runs in Scotland. Don't get me wrong, sure there is a debate to be had about his effort here, but we really can't go comparing how France plays compared to celtic.

If we do, what's Christie and McGregor excuse after playing so well for Scotland and so on.

18. honda Gold Member Gold Member

You litterly said

"The guys got covid believe me..."

That's an excuse and that's what I moaned about.

19. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    You moan, never!!

I said he 'HAD' it believe me. Anyway, with you being a medical expert and all and having had it umpteen times now I suppose I better concede to your superior knowledge of how it can affect people medium/ longer term, even mildly!!

20. R u n e

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Poor excuse if I'm honest for someone who blatantly hasn't looked interested all season. My point was he was our most important player last season has not been up to standards this season even remotely, yet Neil has received dogs abuse when the finger needs to be pointed elsewhere.

And I had genuinely forgotten about my previous post if that makes you feel better