1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Biggest cheapskates you've met

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Seán Mac D, Nov 10, 2020.

Discuss Biggest cheapskates you've met in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Just remembered a few years ago a guy who posted on here put up a picture of a Republican scarf that he was trying to get. I knew the guy that had them and told him that. They were £8 each but my guy was doing them for six quid each. I relayed this and he wanted two. A couple of days later €20 arrived in the post and he said he couldn’t change it to sterling. Think the €20 worked out about £15 in GBP and I wasn’t gonna get it changed as it would be worth even less in post office. Got my wife to drive me to other side of Belfast to get the scarves and posted them next day. A cost of £6.50 I believe because it’s considered international post from Belfast to Dublin (ridiculous I know). He got them right enough but had the cheek to call me out in the huddle a few weeks later for not sending him his €10 change. It cost me petrol money, time and I paid for the scarves and the post and it cost me more than what he sent and I ended up giving my daughter the €20 for going away.

Bobo_ likes this.
  2. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    I remember my hubby's young cousin coming over from Australia to visit. He brought a bottle of really expensive Malt Whisky with him (probably got it at the airport). He would bring the bottle downstairs at night, pour one for him and hubby and take it back upstairs when he went to bed. He actually left with that bottle of Whisky! I remember thinking this is really odd behaviour. If you take a bottle of Whisky into someone's home you take it as a gift and if you enjoy it together all the better. No one only has one nip of Whisky either do they? :56:I've never known that kind of behaviour. Here we were driving him all over the place, up to Fort William etc, paying for this, that and the other and he was hoarding a bottle of Malt! When he left I vowed that he would never be back. I was mortified that someone could behave like that in my house and I loathe Whisky :56:

3. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

[​IMG]

4. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    :57::57: Good on ye Buster !!

Jeannie960 and packybhoy like this.
  5. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I’ve got a mate who’s quite bad for it.

We drank in his one of the nights a couple of years back and another one of the lads left their jumper there (think it was superdry so an expensive enough top) and the guy who’s house it was left in turned up to the pub the following week wearing it and claimed it was a gift from his brothers girlfriend. :56:

6. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    to many greats to be able to pick one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    I was working in Berwick and we had found a hotel outside of Berwick and close to the job.
    The wee pub across the road was doing double vodkas pretty cheap so my mate was a vody drinker ,but you had to pay 20 p for the dash of coke ,my mate went next door and bought a big bottle of coke and started using that . The landlady went ballistic he nearly got the 4 of us barred.

_DannyBhoy_ and The Prof like this.
  7. Gioventu UTLR Gold Member

My birds step dad is notorious for being a tight *. Whenever there’s a get together he literally had to be warned to bring his own drink. We had Xmas at ours last year, made the entire dinner and supplied some wine but told everyone to bring their own bevvy also. Everyone turns up with a crate or a bottle, he plods along with a carrier back and about 4 random dusty tins he found at the back of a cupboard. Then proceeds to tuck into someone else’s drink without hesitation, finishing their whole case of Guinness.

johnboy19 likes this.
  8. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Surely not? :56:

That's terrible patter.

9. johnboy19

Fav Celtic Player:
    Billy McNeil and Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song and The Celtic Symphony
    Some of these stories have had me in stitches. Superb guys.

Artorias likes this.
  10. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Had a friend who would take his own can of Juice that he’d bought from the Newsagents (Barr’s 29p) into any cafe/Restaurant when we would be grabbing a bite to eat miserable *

packybhoy and _DannyBhoy_ like this.
  11. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Sadly true.

Worst for me was leaving a PlayStation controller in his house that was relatively new at the time, and him claiming his brother took it to college with him.

packybhoy likes this.
  12. honda Gold Member Gold Member

I'd respect that if it was a joke and he gave him it later on :56:

Had a pal I lent my mortal combat cheat code book to. Claimed it was his when I was in his room a few weeks later. That showed me young never to lend anyone something. Hate folk who borrow and never give it back.

13. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

My cousin was shocking for tightness. If the troops were having a sesh at his house and we asked for some scran, even a bit of toast, he would charge us for the loaf.

One night we were all mangled at his and he disappeared. Everyone else eventually left and I fell asleep. Woke up the next morning and he was still nowhere to be found.

Finally found him passed out fully clothed in the bathtub with a 3 litre tub of ice cream melted all over him. He took the ice cream into the toilet and climbed in the bath to eat it, just so he wouldn’t have to share it with us :giggle1:

14. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Mind years ago i went roon tae ma wee mates hoose, he was strippin the wallpaper, i said are ye decorating ?

He said naw i'm flitting.

15. Idioteque I’ll laugh until my head comes off

Guy I worked with on my last job had one of those Bitcoin bank accounts and bank card. For every transaction he made by card he would get a % bonus of bitcoin. He got into the habit of making expensive purchases on the card to get the free bitcoins then return the goods he purchased a few days later. Seemed a whole lot of effort for some Satoshi

16. muaythai postie

Fav Celtic Player:
    lubo
    Doing a nightshift years ago and the McGee's guy used to drop the rolls off and would hand in some cakes for the boys on the nightshift. This one night the rolls were handed in and one of the most miserable * I've ever known instead of leaving them out he put them in his rucksack, ended up he never zipped the rucksack properly so I seen the cakes and said you do know the cakes are actually to be shared by us.

17. Yoshi

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Andreas Thom
    I knew a guy who would go around to other peoples houses to take a * as he didn't want to use his own toilet paper

Same guy threw everyone out at a house party at his as somebody turned the heating on. It was December.

I also seen him with my Mrs outside a Chinese/ taxi rank one night. Asked me to get him chips and curry sauce as he had nothing in his house and was starving thought nothing of it. Takes the food off me then hops in a taxi himself costing double that without saying thanks and leaving me and the Mrs in the pishing rain

Also had a go at me for drinking pints of Guinness when we were in a kitty as it was 20p more a pint than fosters which everyone else was. Unreal. Was a hun as well

18. belbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley...the shebeen version
    Ex workmates we used to go out once a month,1 guy Mick tight * noticed after the 3rd time out he used to stop outside pub as we were going in to tie his laces so 10 of us in a round he would always * off after 9 drinks and not get his round.one night we made the * get the 1st round and at end of night was tapping people up for a £1 for a taxi as he said he was skint:60::56: funny thing is one of the guys pointed out he wore them * boots that had no laces in them:57:

packybhoy, _DannyBhoy_ and Jeannie960 like this.
  19. StevieBhoooy!

I think you’ve identified the root of the problem...

johnboy19 and Dalbeth3 like this.
  20. Buster

Every penny's a prisoner

johnboy19 likes this.