1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The alleged squad fitness issue

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Nov 7, 2020.

Discuss The alleged squad fitness issue in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. stevoEOS

Yeah, I’m sure that’s what he said in his post match interview after Sparta.

Happy to stand corrected on that.

Peej likes this.
  2. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    I don't think that is true mate, the same crap was spouted in August after boli's shenanigans. I've certainly not seen it reported

Bobo_ likes this.
  3. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    You say faults in Europe, but we weren’t being beaten by Cluj or Ferencvaros in CL qualifying under BR.

4. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I think he has to take full blame as he is the guy that is supposed to be in charge.

Does he not look at stats, nutrition results etc.. it's his job ffs

Does he not pull his sports science guys and ask what the * is going on? Why are so many players not at their peak 3 months into the season!

I will bet a pound to a penny that there is no such issue at Leicester this year.

And across the city there doesnt seem to be any fitness or attitude problems. So if the guy in charge cannot manage the situation then maybe he should not be the manager.

It is so sad that 3 months into this most important season that fitness, attitude and basic * defending are even being discussed.

Turning the corner.. well, when you are going round in circles that is the only direction you can go :(

5. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    No, but he stuck by his domestic style of football when playing against the likes of psg.
    With the levels of our players compared to theirs, the results where only ever going to go one way.
    His flaw was not being able to change it against the bigger teams to make us harder to bear. Ala Lennon in his first stint.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Breathnach67 likes this.
  6. stevoEOS

I heard Lenny say it himself post match, that’s where I picked it up from.

But the fact it hasn’t really been reported anywhere makes me think I’ve maybe misinterpreted. But he 100% said the players were given 4 days off.

7. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    There is only 3 days inbetween the cup semi and sparta, so I think you've misinterpreted what was said

8. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Lennon literally said it last week following the prague game.

"We sat down and analysed the game with them, something we havent done in a while"

Were his words. Or something similar. Which suggests to me we didnt sit down after the Rangers game or the Milan game.

For me we shluldnt even just be doing this after defeats. Games should be analysed regularly even when we play well.

bkk bhoy and jj81 like this.
  9. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    To be fair to rodgers his style of play is working now at Leicester, he evidently here just never had the players for it. Which he was too stubborn to play any other way, but in some way that has to be respected regardless of the scores we saw

10. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    For me, Rodgers has improved every team he has managed.

The way he left was really poor character, you telling me that Leicester would not have accepted appointing him at the end of the season and had an interim manager for the remaining games!

If so , it would indicate that they were not considerate of our clubs needs and Rodgers had the same mindset.

I wanted Lenny as he was available immediately but the position of manager should have been advertised at the end of the season.

The cheap easy option that our club takes 99% of the time is infuriating.

I really think we will struggle this season to find the form we had after last winter break. I dont think there is a single issue at the club unfortunately... rather, it seems like we have a quite a few things that should have been addressed 3 months ago.

The_Bhoy likes this.