1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Surely they can spend a couple hours every single week after a game analysing it no just "well *. Wanna see if we can all work out together why we are so * because I cant figure it out" and suddenly watch one game.

2. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

The * he's coming away with now, the players might actually perform better if we just got them to watch Michael Stewart and Alan Stubbs on the Tele after a match.

oh bhoy likes this.
  3. SuperZidane

I don't need any advice from you - for a long time, all you did was personally abuse anyone who dared to criticise Lennon. Now you're changing your tune and hoping no-one will notice your hypocrisy.

Please point out where I said that Rangers were "wonderful" - tip - you won't be able to because I didn't say it.

I did point out that they have a very good coach which is true - in case you hadn't noticed, they * on us a few weeks back at home. Perhaps, you agree with Lennon that we actually played well and didn't deserve to lose?

For those of us that live in the real world - it will be between us and them for the title. At the minute they are a better team (although I believe we have a better squad).

Feel free to have a tug yourself while imagining that we have world class management and Sevco aren't a real threat to us this season.

Diamond D likes this.
  4. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Ah well, there goes any optimism I had.

Chance to make history, near endless time and resources, a season that has never really kicked into 5th gear....and we can’t even be arsed to use the information we have at hand to ask ourselves ‘why’.

Wish he would just go.

5. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    I read today that he showed players a video on the game .... I made a comment on one of my hunches that it was first time he’s spent anytime with players in video room so disappointed that he has proven my comment to be right he’s exactly the root cause theirs the proof

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marty McFly likes this.
  6. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I'm no even gonna rip him..

There's no point anymore. It's embarrassing now..

We're being hammered at home and conceding goals for fun with no structure, press or protection but fuckit...on to the next game lad's and here's a couple of day's off as well..

Mind-blowing..

7. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Slated Griff early in the season for coming back unfit, it would be hypocritical of me not to do the same with Lennon here.

Completely neglecting a massive part of the game, and his duty as a manager in doing so. It’s absolutely no wonder the players look unmotivated. If that’s the type of support you got from your manager in any line of work, you wouldn’t be able to put in 100% either.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  8. Jax Teller

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thumb
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Soldier song
    Just seen those comments, surely to * you analyse every game afterwards? Even if you win 5-0 theres always room for improvement.

Utterly baffling.

9. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Here’s another point says can’t play players because they are not fit to start but start of the season he gave players extra days off before the killie draw how does he expect them to catch up ....

Gyp Rosetti and The_Bhoy like this.
  10. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

It’s not hypocrisy. It’s reacting to what I’m seeing and hearing. People are allowed to change their mind you know.

It was only several months ago that we were blowing teams away and leaving the huns and their amazing coaches in our slipstream as we motored to 9 in a row. Now it’s all going Pete Tong. So I was supporting the manager then, now I’m not. Here’s a doozy for you. If Lennon somehow keeps his job and we start blowing teams away again and leaving the huns in our wake once again, I might change my my mind back again. Imagine that?

It’s not rocket science.

Diamond D and TheHappyLoss like this.
  11. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    I know watching the treble treble dvd that it was Kennedy left to do video analysis for the game shortly after McNeil died wondering if that been the case since Rodgers left I dont know at Tottenham mourinho is in the vid room after every game with his assistants

12. celtic warrior

Don't care what result is today, he needs removing from his post.

He will not go off his accord, the board will need to sack him.

Leave it any later than now, league is lost.

13. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    It's no surprise the player's aren't improving or responding to it if this is it day to day..

The majority worked under the rat and Davies etc who had attention to detail all over..

No to mention guys like Eddy, Ntcham and even Mo and Ajeti etc who have come from club's where the standard's around the place will be much higher. They'll be thinking what the * is this..

That's what top manager's do mate. Strive to improve..

Never content..

Jax Teller and King of Kings like this.
  14. jambo_cfc

Lennons clearly just putting 11 men on the park and hoping for the best , rodgers had players watch last games and had players watch analysis of the team we were facing in the next game to see their strengths and weaknesses!!! Tbh dnt think it takes a lot too do

15. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Exactly, how much time pro footballers have spare a week and how much they get paid...it’s not asking much to watch 90 mins is it

16. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    I don’t think they would ever even need to watch 90 minutes. Get someone in the data analysis team (assuming such a thing exists, I know - far from a sure thing) to sit down with Lennon, Strachan or Kennedy and pull together a 30 minute or so highlight reel of the things you want to cover of. Do it after each match, regardless of the outcome.

I’m scunnered with it tbh. Having a manager that doesn’t do video analysis (until now it seems) is outrageous.

17. Brian Dunphy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Merry Plougboy
    I assumed they watch the game back win, lose or draw. That is scandalous from Lennon. Hes a joke now

18. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Mad if you compare our set up to someone like Leeds current analysis set up and fitness. Think lennys regimes have made the players unfit too

King of Kings likes this.
  19. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    "Bit of inside scoop from lennons quote. He leaves all video analysis to the coaches etc. He sat in on the analysis after defeat to huns in december. He hasn't sat down in one since. He was part of the video talks after sparta.

Seemingly JK runs the coaching and him and Lenny have had a bit of a fall out. Which from the body language looks that way. Lennon trying to be like MON his presence etc raises the team. It worked after the huns defeat in december but there was a fallout over the summer with Lennon & JK."

Received this today.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2020
  20. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    They really should do a video and written analysis on his own performance through this theirs clear proof he’s not doing his job correctly
    Also he clearly isn’t telling the truth at times in his interview at the time of ferencvaros defeat he said he watched them and thought it would have been harder than it was ? Clearly he never watched them at all