1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Listening to McGregor’s comments from Thursday night is very worrying. It sounds like the team are being sent out with very little tactical instructions as to the shape of the team or individual roles, which is unforgivable in this day and age. The team spirit seems to be really low and there appears to be a lot of disharmony.

As a club we rely very heavily on talented young players coming here, improving and then being sold at a profit. Right now, there appears to be very little individual coaching and it’s hard to argue that a single player in our squad has improved over the past 18 months. That’s extremely worrying, especially when you consider that a big part of the reason we attract young players is the promise of development while playing first team football.

We can all see the development stalling, so to be perfectly honest it’s hardly surprising that players like Edouard would become extremely disillusioned with what’s going on and that’s only going to make signing new players more difficult going forwards. These guys are motivated by forward thinking coaches who help them develop, not dinosaurs who want to rant while having no interest in tactics, fitness and team shape.

We absolutely need to make a change before it’s too late and costs us ten-in-a-row, as well as having severe long term repercussions.

2. Bonobhoy

I dont think that many people are backing him much now,especially after thursday night,however i think we can all see that its not just down to him to blame,the players have been a disgrace to themselves.

I honestly dont know how we get out of this,the board dont give a * and wont invest much more into the squad.

There is not at lot of managers out there at the moment either,Howe wont touch us as many others,and the list is grim as * outside that.We are in a bad way and it just doesnt look as if it will change,especially in the current climate.

cat123 likes this.
  3. ticketyboo0 Gold Member Gold Member

Lenny needs to be brave and throw the new boys in, guys like Connell and Soro,Turnbull. What he's sticking to ATM isn't working so change it up, it may just be what we need, a freshness and hunger in the new guys and may just be a wake up call to the older favourites that may think they're gonne start regardless that they need to up their game.

4. Bonobhoy

Agree,we all now know hes here until monday,so tomorrow's game he must show balls and drop these ones he thinks aint playing for the team. Turbull/Soro/Dembele etc must begin to start in this team and drop the clowns now.
    The flip side to that is though that if he does it and we loose, people complain he changed it to much.
    We really are in a * of a situation here.:(

5. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Nail on the head

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

McGrory1888 and DennyCelt like this.
  6. seanm

10iar is almost gone unless lennon goes asap.HH

7. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    He's made the rod that's currently beating the * outa his back then ...he has only himself to blame.

Bonobhoy likes this.
  8. ticketyboo0 Gold Member Gold Member

Well if he wants things to change then he has to instigate it, lead from the front etc.
    Obvious the players won't change without seeing it from the the coaching team and management.

9. limezer

Looks like they are giving him one more chance, anything but a win tomorrow and he will be away on Monday

10. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    I'm not convinced he has lost the dressing room. Nor am I sure throwing different players in, like Soro, Turnbull etc., will make a difference, I just don't think the players know what he expects from them, or what their roles are in this team. To me it looks like a lack of tactics, coaching and communication.

Our formation is all over the place. We far too often have both our full/wing backs bombing forward at the same time, rather than having one hold back and tuck in, or having a midfielder fall back and cover. The amount of space between our midfield and defence is enormous, leaving massive gaps for teams to exploit. then at times you have slow CBs that are encouraged to play a high line which leaves them vulnerable to long balls over the top. The players just seem to be frozen with indecision as there is no game plan for them to follow they know they can fall back on when things aren't going their way.

That stems from the coaching staff, all of them, and that's where things need to change. I've said it numerous times before Lenny needs someone along side him that has good tactical and analytical know how, a Chris Davies type, as that is the areas he is sadly lacking in, and Kennedy and Strachan clearly don't fit that bill. Something has to change there, whether it's the manager, coaches or both but something needs to change.

evilbunny1991 likes this.
  11. callumrae1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Said he wants to "go back to basics". Thoughts on that?

12. StevieBhoooy!

It’s been discussed to death now...

..just want to hear he has resigned or been sacked.

(unfortunately PL could take BoJo on in an international dithering competition and be the clear winner.)

Peej likes this.
  13. Onefootwonder

He's past the point of no return such is the feeling of most fans. Every negative performance and result will result in Lennon getting ripped to bits. He's got no chances left.

We can't afford to drop points at Motherwell tomorrow. If we drop points he's gone, but equally a win isn't shouldn't save him his job.

It's a horrible situation, but I hope Lennon realises why he has to go and doesn't make it hard.

14. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain

I think being basic is our problem.
    There's nothing about the way we set up and play that says it's complicated. I imagine our tactics training goes a bit like: get the ball to Jeremy. Try to score some goals. Try not to concede as much as we score. Mon lads, let's do this.

15. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    So no change since he was first appointed then.

16. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    We have a manager who we know from his previous players interviews, has little to no tactical nous. I think it's safe to say Lennon is a 'motivator' not a thinker.

Trouble is he now has no-one in his back-room staff who is either. Or if they are he doesn't listen. We are * if things continue as they are.

McGrory1888 likes this.
  17. Onefootwonder

Far from it.

We've had lots of poor performances under Lennon. He's never faced anywhere near this level of criticism before.

Losing to Rangers last season triggered a massive positive response. We've been stuck in the same negative rut all season and he's not getting us out of it.

I didn't want him back, but I've never jumped down his throat before. The damage is deep within our squad. Things have to change and it the change starts with him and his team to go.

18. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Would we accept having Lennon continuing as manager if we brought in a top notch coach that was both tactically astute and could get the best out of our players? Don't know exactly who but just wondering

19. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Is that not what deila was for and Lenny walked ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peej likes this.
  20. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Even at that, he’s a motivator who seemingly now severely lacks motivational power. He can’t relate to the modern day player and, by his own admission, he’s calmed down since his first stint when his main motivational skill was his passion and “thunder”.

I love Lenny and I’ll forever be grateful for what he has achieved in his time here, but surely even he must know that it’s time to go for the sake of the club.

TIART and Jeremie Frimpong like this.