1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Potential Manager Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CountyDownFaithful, Nov 5, 2020.

Discuss Potential Manager Suggestions? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Don’t agree. Snus Hiddink™ will be remembered as the man who fecked up 10 in a row. It’s a free shot for someone, a chance to become a legendary figure in the club’s history

Last edited: Nov 7, 2020
    Valhalla and Peej like this.
  2. Mr. Slippyfist

what has he done? I mean at what point is it “acceptable” to say erm right enough’s enough?

if you think the board and co are as sentimental and blinded as the likes of you then you’re fairly mistaken

3. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Aye any new manager at this stage is already starting with one hand tied behind the back, but if we go out and get a manager on the level of Rodgers, then it's a more than capable job for someone to come in and cement a legacy, much like Wim Jansen did.
    Stick with Lennon though and we know what we are getting - the last 3 months, but twice as long.

4. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    https://ibb.co/RbYpP9b[​IMG]

Here's a pic of a conversation I had with my bro in law. Wolves fan and football daft. Not very complimentary about Eddie Howe.

5. Forestbhoy66 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace

He’s a winging * and his team are thugs...is that right ..?

6. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Apparently so mate. I take no notice of any football outside of celtic so I've no clue, but the bro in law is always getting peltered off my sister for watching football 24/7, so he knows his stuff.

7. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    He’s a Tim brother met him in airport

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Forestbhoy66 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    He’s always seemed quite fair to myself, smaller sides in the epl tend to not get the rub of the green, so yes he has to stand his corner. His side being thugs I don’t know, they always played football how I think it should be be played but now and again you do have to cut your cloth. His name was in the frame a lot when Arsenal let wenger go. It’s a gamble with him,and he’ll have to enter a world that he’s not see before but how many of our managers could that be applied to in our past ??

9. joemc

It means I always felt we were better than most fans and above picking managers while 1 is fighting to keep it all together and has given his best years to our club .

10. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Was on open goal wasn’t it that mulgrew was howling about how Collins was butting in taking the pies during deila team talks because of his lack of English

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. stew37

No gonna lie, took me too long to figure out you probably meant take the '*', was severely confused. :56:

johnboy19 and littlekennie like this.
  12. davidhannah

Can't believe people are saying they would take, Eddie Howe over Lennon. Eddie who? A man that's done * all in his entire career apart from playing and managing lower league nomads in little England. He would win absolutely nothing with Celtic.

13. CydonianWaffle

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    He’s lightyears ahead of Lennon as a coach and it would still be a gamble although “being a winner” hasn’t really done much for Lennon this season.

14. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Missed that one mate, but wouldn't be surprised.

Deila and Rodgers are very very similar in how they want to play the game. Their setup was the same, formation, press, tempo etc. They both want the model professional and to use sport science.

The issue was the absolute diet freak and military regimental control * from Collins. He done the same at Hibs years before. It's ott from him and any guy like that will put the players backs up.

But someone who shows you how to play the game and teaches you to be a better athlete, that goes further than just demanding and taking * away from them.

Honestly, I'd take deila back, I'm not even being remotely funny.
    I know many wouldn't and thank him for his time, but for me he done little wrong. Collins was the bad egg.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

FranceCelt and Ewang83 like this.
  15. davidhannah

You've got to be crazy to gamble the ten in a row season, with someone that's never managed at the highest level. He took Bournemouth up. That's nonsense they a bunch of amateurs, small time club no pressure. We gambled with Delia and we lost to Rangers. Lennon has the stability of the players and the club. I agree things are looking shakey right now everyone is panicking. The performance against Sparta was appalling. He's on a shoogly peg. It's easy to say let's sack Lennon but no one is able to name a suitable replacement better than him. Eddie Who? Please!

If i had to pick one guy, that knows the club
    And you'll think im crazy for suggesting it. Would be Chesney! Gordon Strachan. He knows the players. We were on the verge of the Euros with Scotland. I didn't think he deserved to be sacked. He's kept himself in coaching in Scotland. Has worked with great players. I like what he says on BT Sport. He's won the league before. He knows the Scottish game. That's if Lennon goes. If we sack Lennon I think we can just about forget ten in a row to be honest.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2020
    Mince.Charming likes this.
  16. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    To go from Lennon’s first stint to Deila and then to Rodgers showed a real clear plan from the board, but reappointing Lennon was extremely short sighted and a huge backwards step.

What I mean by that is that, at the end of Lennon’s first stint there were huge concerns about fitness and the shape and coaching of the team. The board went out and rectified that by hiring a coach in Deila who was very modern and put huge focus on fitness, pressing and playing possession football at a high tempo. They then stepped it up another (huge) level by bringing in Rodgers whose philosophy is along the same lines as Deila, albeit obviously at a higher level. To go back to Lennon was going back to a bygone era of football and he looks more and more lost with each passing game.

We’re now back to where we were in 2014 and need to make a move to bring in a progressive, modern coach to get the best out our squad and put us back on a forward trajectory. I don’t think Deila is the answer, but someone along the lines of his general principles is exactly what we need.

_DannyBhoy_ and davidhannah like this.
  17. Ipswichbhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    It's not a high bar at the moment, we have the best squad of players in the country. Just need someone to get the dressing room on board and a bit of structure to the way we play. Something has gone badly wrong, a change is needed and I'm sure most of the names being touted could improve things based on what we have seen lately.

18. northeast67

Hes a total *

johnboy19, littlekennie and stew37 like this.
  19. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    He's been given the last 3 months to sort it.

There's no way back.

20. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Snus Hiddink :56:

Bobo_ likes this.