1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Honestly have the fear we'll scrape a 1-0 victory on Sunday with him in charge, with the international break coming up it is the perfect time to replace him now.

neilly1987 likes this.
  2. Rendog

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM song
    This is not the time for building. This current squad need the riot act read. I feel we also need people who know the club to see out the season. I see why some would disagree but i think Keane and O'Neill would get the players going again.

3. StevieBhoooy!

I want us to win on Sunday of course... but the consequences are nearly as bad as losing...

...the ‘corner turned’, ‘players fighting back’ and ‘Lennon will fix it!’ rhetoric will just come out and we will be stuck with him for more games and more dropped points until it really is too late for any manager to fix.

It’s a sad stAte of affairs when a loss at the weekend could be the better result for the club in the long run.

4. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

Dont forget the Champions league lights!!!

StevieBhoooy! likes this.
  5. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Dont want keep harping on about it but I said this a few weeks ago. I honestly believe he thinks everything is fine and dandy and it's just another one off bad performance. I honestly think he has such a big ego he thinks it's not his fault either.

Anyone thinks he is walking better think again, there is absolutely no chance that's happening. The chances of Lawwell pullong the trigger is also remote.. I think its Dermot Desmond that's gonna have to act.. again they seem to have a very cosy relationship too...

Peej likes this.
  6. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    This is true, and a huuuuge problem that requires a board with balls enough to sack him, or a manager wise enough to walk.

The problem will grow much, much bigger as we continue winning 1 game and humiliated in the other, over and over again.

Sack him, just get him out now. Disaster of a manager

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

7. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    I've seen a few people say I hope we get beat of Motherwell the weekend because maybe then he will get the boot... I'd still have my doubts that would happen even if we lost... it's kinda off what the * needs to happen before he gets the boot?

I dont know any Celtic manager that would survive this...

8. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    If they think the dressing room is gone just now, then imagine throwing in that walking hand grenade?

9. Jamesy Bhoy 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll Never Walk Alone/ Fields of Athenry
    I have no problem with him managing on Sunday but regardless of the result or even the performance i want him gone because no doubt we will flounder again and it might leave us with too big a hill to climb if we stick with him.

neilly1987 likes this.
  10. freitassen

Look, I am repetitive but is obvious we are going to beat Motherwell because they are an horrible that would fight for relegation in the Swedish league, then Lennon will come triumphant saying how this proves his worth and how it totally makes up for losing every match we had against a decent team this season, that entire self congratulatory bullshit for beating a team with a a hundredth of our budget, and while of course not enough to root against the team, the thought of this already sickens me.

11. freitassen

We all know he is going to find a way to play Ntcham, even from the bench, a rotten arrogant sell out with a disgusting attitude that doesn't give the smallest of *. I completely lost any idea of what is actually happening behind the scenes and what he is trying to do

12. CountyDownFaithful

Lennon has barefaced lied to us for weeks/months and he's now looking like a mug.

Here's his comments about the players being amazing on 21st October: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/footbal...eeking a positive,amazing things for the club.

Over 2 weeks later... WE NEED A CULTURE CHANGE.

Most supporters have lost respect for him and it's only logical that the players will be having major doubts about his managerial capability.

13. stirfry999

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate oreily kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    y n w a
    Get him to * only thing that will save our season

14. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

I mean we should be good enough to qualify and battle it out for 3rd and dropping into EL, not getting spanked and being bottom of our group after qualifying in uninspiring fashion.

15. JamesM09

‘O’Neill and Keane..’

‘Players need the riot act read..’

Lot of * IMO.

Effort is there from most of the players. What’s missing is modern coaching and a professional approach.

Sonic Reducer and Valhalla like this.
  16. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

We've got a good enough squad to qualify and then battle it out for 3rd to drop into EL and make a go of going far in that, that should be our level, instead of getting spanked at home and languishing bottom of a group we are pot 1 seeds. (means very little admittedly)

17. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Cluj and Copenhagen.

Agreed.

18. CydonianWaffle

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Resign resign resign

19. ddub11

I agree with you its not a time for building,we have everything in place to go on a winning run except a good manager.

However imo during the international break id bring in a new permanent manager to hit the ground running and law down the law.

I understand what your saying about people who know the club but with all due respect i think that rubbish.All clubs want the same thing success and new managers run things how they want and not how the club wants ie(they dont have to know the club).If anything id say that could be pert of the problem with lenny he does things the way he knows celtic do things and doesnt think outside the box.

Look at how the rat changed attitudes when he came in,he brought a bit more professionalism to the club,thing he learned outside of celtic,sometimes a complete change of culture is needed.Indeed its something lenny himself hit upon last night,however what lenny fails to understand is hes the one who instigated the culture amongst the players.Thats one of the reasons id steer clear of o neil,he would do what he did 1st time round and that wont work in todays game.

FranceCelt likes this.
  20. Dubliner1

It's clear as day that certain troublemakers need to be left out of the squad for Sunday. Neil knows the split. Words from McGregor last night about disjointed tells us all that. To save your job drop 4 of them and bring in some of the fringe players like Turnbull, Soro and Griffith's to start on Sunday. At least these boys will give you 100%

Twisty likes this.
  21. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Anyone that comes even remotely closely to even entertainment that idea is not a fan imo!!