1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Rendog

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM song
    If we can get Keane and O'Neill till the end of the season I would be happy. Its not the long term answer, but exactly what we need just now.

TonyTim likes this.
  2. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    * grow up! The club is a shambles and you’re having a petty dig at fellow fans. Here’s some advice, no * has ever been right on every issue including you.

3. StevieBhoooy!

It wasn’t an expression of desire to have CG back - and I made no claims or reminiscences about his quality whether good or bad - but made a broader point regarding mismanagement of the squad in terms of retention and recruitment recently, and using the goalkeeper situation as an example.

4. Markybhoy

It's going to be very interesting to see what eleven players he throws out there against Motherwell on Sunday. You can't stand there after a disgraceful result and performance on Thursday night, telling the world that the "culture" in the dressing room is wrong and that the players are "lazy", then three days later send Odsonne Edouard(a guy who is not trying a leg and doesn't seem to care that the season is going down the tubes) out to start the next match. You've lost all credibility at that point if you do that.

If he doesn't play Edouard and we drop points at Motherwell, yes, Lennon will get crucified by some people for that. But you have to back up what you've said last night with actions the next time the team plays. As I said, it's going to be very interesting.

Sgt Neppers* and Twisty like this.
  5. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I actually don't think he does.
    No fans is helping him and his delusion of reality.

No fans there to boo that team off the pitch and chant "Lennon out".

I think he is reading papers and headlines and honestly thinks it's just the media being the media.

He needs to wake the * up and stop listening to his agent and Sutton. Sooner he does the sooner he will realise the absolute * he has put the club in, and hopefully * off

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Jeannie960 likes this.
  6. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Was only last week I think me and you had flip flopped or thought the dressing room was behind him again..

I think we were definitely wrong. It's obvious to be fair..

7. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    If he walks now, he leaves with respect. He held on and tried as much as he could to turn it, but respect for accepting defeat.

Every game he stays for now, he's just digging in and making it worse for him with fellow fans.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

8. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    He already did that after Ferencvaros to be fair..

Motherwell is a massive game but I want him out regardless. Beating a pishy Motherwell side and believing it's all back on track....would be laughable..

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  9. oh bhoy

A quick look on here would set him straight

Peej likes this.
  10. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Aye, seems we were well wrong.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  11. ddub11

Kean should never be allowed near Celtic hes a crap manager with a big mouth and o neil is finished, not sure why you think they would be a good short term solution.

Anyway why not bring someone in longterm? a bit of stability and a firm hand is what we need.

12. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Exactly jeannie good post- he came in and did a good job in our time of need to get us over the line for the treble treble but most people were slightly deflated after the hearts game when we heard he was given the job full time- last season and Europe showed the signs were there v cluj and Copenhagen but fact we punched above our weight in our Europa league and also changing to 3,52 after Christmas and the Huns capitulation helped his cause but this season- even as early as tannadice when we scraped a 1-0 win you could see the signs but it was all including myself “ sign of champions, to play poor and still get 3 points “ but Huns game, ferencvaros, even Milan weren’t great then pittodrie and that game last night is up there with Lincoln red imps and artmedia Bratislava as our worst ever results in Europe - at least we turned the red imps game around and the latter was away from home and strachans first ever game in charge so you could give him some leeway

Jeannie960 likes this.
  13. Markybhoy

Oh I agree with you. I have a friend who is like "we should give him Sunday to see if he can turn it around", I just don't get that. Even if we go out and win 0-4 on Sunday, it's not going to convince me that Lennon is turning this * around. I fell into that trap last weekend. I watched us against Aberdeen and came away thinking 'that looked really promising'. Then last night happened. It's over for me. I love Neil Lennon but he has to go.

14. wulliebad

Thought we had outgrown this celtic minded *.

15. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    I initially was convinced he'd lost it..

There's loads of obvious signs to it that we can all see but that last week was a real false flag..

There was clear problem's behind the scene's from as late as Ferencvaros at home. He hasn't been able to sort it whatsoever..

100% agree :50:

16. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Tbh mate, admire your faith in Lennon, I’ve stuck up for him aswell but you’re deluded if you think it’s no fault of Lennon s- and Johnny Hayes filled in at LB and did a decent job a few times but was no where near one of our best performers last season- same with Gordon did a good job for us but was becoming a bit of a liability and we were quite right to get rid of him when we did

17. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Roy Keane:giggle1:

Mental that some people still believe guys like that are cut out for management at this level.

_DannyBhoy_, Valhalla and Marty McFly like this.
  18. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    We’ve got a champions league stadium and a champions league support but Gotta disagree we’ve got a champions league level squad at present, actually quite glad we lost to ferencvaros cause * know s what results we’d be getting if we had made the champions league

19. RiquelmeCSC

I feel we have been saying for the last 4-5 weeks “let’s give him this game, that game”
    When is enough enough? When is too late?
    For us, it’s right now. For him and the board I dread to think when.

20. wulliebad

Fixed that for you.