1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. MynameisEarl

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Gutted for him but it’s undeniably time to go. The regression over the last season or 2 is pretty shocking. I’ve no idea whether he’ll get sacked or not, but sadly I think the board will wait till the last possible moment to make a decision.

2. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Don’t know what’s worse.

People wanting to keep Lennon or the people seriously suggest O’Neill and Keane to come in.

Our support deserve everything we get.

Bobo_, MacEwan and Rydo1888* like this.
  3. Martybhoy53

Agree with Lennon. There has to be a sea of change. Starting with him, Kennedy, Strachan, Duffy, Ntcham getting to * out the club.

Gully Sands and Rydo1888* like this.
  4. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Lose the Scottish cup and he’s gone win the Scottish cup and the league is gone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. WhitleyCelt

Alarm bells started ringing after we got kicked out the CL when Lennon said something along the lines of certain players have chucked it. They should have been weeded out and binned immediately to keep the harmony in the dressing room. It is absolutely criminal giving players a second chance because of their ability. I didn’t agree with Boyata doing it and giving us the birthday card pish and I definitely don’t agree with anyone else doing it. We pay our ST money for them to give it 100%. How * dare they even contemplate chucking it because they are in a huff. Dare I say those players are partly doing the damage now. We can only speculate but dressing room politics is playing a massive part in what’s going on.

Sooner Lenny and the charlatans are gone the better. He only has himself to blame for not sorting his own mess out.

rudebhoy67 likes this.
  6. ThatBhoyLarsson

Fav Celtic Player:
    The King of Kings, At the moment Scott Brown, Lustig or Matthews.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of athenry, YNWA,
    Did Lenny not give Frimpong some stick the other week? Then mention some * about his boots?

7. SuperZidane

Delusional is spot on and I would also add arrogant. He seems to honestly believe he's a top drawer manager. His after match comments are either telling the fans that we played well when anyone with a brain can tell that we played **** or throwing the players under a bus.

Some of the "Lennyites" are always telling us what a great motivator he is - if so, why do we have this "lack of hunger" and need a "culture change"?

The players deserve criticism but Lennon's the manager and the buck stops with him (even though he tries to blame everyone else).

To be honest, if he is a "real Celtic man" then he would step down rather than dragging the club backwards. At least DD should agree some sort of "mutual consent" deal with him.

Ultimately, I believe that he will either step down when its too late or wait until he's sacked. It looks as if he's hanging on so they'll have to sack him and pay him off - a bit degrading and disrespectful of the club.

I really hope that DD/PL step up and forge some sort of deal - better for all concerned. Every passing day is tarnishing his reputation and legacy at the club and that's a shame.

8. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    He punished the wrong players at start of the season

9. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

How’s their attitude no different and how would you know that?

Twisty likes this.
  10. Ipswichbhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    Agree with everything you have just said except for the fact that if he's a real celtic fan he would step down. He will genuinely believe he will turn this around and will want it more than anything. If he walks he will feel that he's admitting he's let us down in the most important season of his career. I can understand him not walking but he does need the decision to be taken out of his hands

11. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    That’s my point but still plays him rumbling from lennoxtown is he doesn’t play dembele because of his attitude bit contradictory tbh same with the set up against ferencvaros says we don’t have a striker plays none we had Griffiths and klimala .... says they weren’t fit but chooses to put ajeti on bench against United who was only sunning himself in Italy weekend before .... I’m no way criticising ajeti just pointing out if he can make the bench Griffiths could have played first half against the Hungarians the very fact he did that * the set up same again against huns shoe horns players into positions that they are really uncomfortable with elynoussi as striker was never gonna work and Griffiths was fit says he has to persevere with frimpong playing Rwb because Forrest is injured then play dembele and go with a more balanced formation losing all respect I ever had for him

ThatBhoyLarsson likes this.
  12. Markybhoy

I don't follow?

13. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

Not defending lennon, he should go ASAP and the "culture" has probably went downhill. But let's remember the actual football under Rodgers for about 14 months prior to him snaking out was pedestrian for the most part and downright turgid on more than a few occasions. Yes, we limped over the line that year but it was merely a continuation of what had gone before. Last season, outside of the cl qualifiers and late November through December, the football and performances were mostly of a high standard

It has gone sour though and there's never any coming back from a situation like this.

14. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    If we win the cup Lennon stays in job by end of jan probs in effect costing us the league if we lose the cup Lenny gets sacked still giving us enough time to turn around

15. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

Who was he attacking? Laxalt?

16. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Give me those days back any day of the week. We got results. I expect dips in performances, I don’t expect dips in results.

17. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

Point

18. john2061

Doesn't get the 3 points on Sunday the board got to act or they need to go as well and if they can get someone in and keep within distance of the zombies till the transfer window opens and get rid of these * who want to leave and any money we make bring in fresh players and can still turn this around .

19. Sentinel

Of all the * things 2020 has thrown at us, I didn't think seeing Celtic completely imploding would be one of them. It's been obvious from the start of the season things are majorly wrong.

I do genuinely now believe we will lose this title and gift them across the river CL money.

Let that sink in - Rangers with ACTUAL CL money. Sorry for giving anyone nightmares, but I suppose after that tonight, maybe a variety of nightmares is a good thing.

How did it come to this? I really want to know what has happened behind the scenes.

20. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    I agree he deserves All the criticism He is getting at the moment and deserves to be sacked but to say he limped over the line after takin over from Rodgers is a bit harsh and exaggerated, when Rodgers left in February we were 8 points clear we ended up winning the league by 9 points in May which isNt really limping over the line

he also beat Hibs in Scottish cup quarter final at Easter rd something Rodgers never managed once in his 2 plus season s on our way to winning the Scottish cup,