1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Mohammed Elyounoussi.

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by The Thumb, Aug 30, 2019.

Discuss Mohammed Elyounoussi. in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Foley1888

Where I think the money spent this year will play a part on next season, Peter and Co will need to earn their money getting the best price they can for players entering the last year of their deal, which in the current climate will be no mean feat. Especially when they will be looking to get money to cover this seasons transfer business and next.

Saying Ajer, Ntcham, Christie, and Eddy all go over the next two windows, Duffy, Ely and Laxalt loans are up and Brown retires or has a greatly reduced role. We will need a perm left back, two centre backs, a right back if Elhamed or Frimpong go, a DCM unless Soro proves himself, a left wing option to replace Ely, a right wing option to challenge Forrest and a striker to replace Eddy. This is one of the reasons I am not a big fan of loans as it essentially kicks the can down the road one senior player is fine but we currently have a CB and our full left hand side on loan.

Regardless if we are relying on youth or not we will need to bring players in as all the youth prospects we have mainly play the positions where we have strength unless McGregor goes (CM) with Connell, McInroy and Robertson.

There is nothing on the left side of defence, Welsh who has a way to go to be a starter at CB for me, and we have O'Connor as a right back option but he is down in League 2 just now so a big jump up. We don’t have a ready striker to come in or any wingers other than Mikey who is our only senior left winger that is ours. Dembele will be away so no competition on the right. There isn’t much youth prospects that can fill the necessary positions to rely on there, that side of things needs to vastly improve if we see that as a way of having to spend on new players.

I wouldn’t be against bringing in a couple of players for decent fees and then looking to utilise bosmans for players who can compete for a first team place and/or have significant potential to be an understudy to a first team regular.

Bazza Bhoy likes this.
  2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

ME: We're really pleased with the weekend's performance and to get to another final. I think we're back on it now. It was a good performance against Lille and again on Sunday."

ME on #CELSPA: "We need to keep the momentum going. We're expecting a tough game. It's an important game for both teams for progression in the group."

ME: "Everyone knows the meaning of these games in Europe. We have to go out and do our job and keep the momentum going."

ME: "We believe in ourselves, everyone in the club is helping us to achieve our goals. All we can do is train hard and try our best.

ME on his recent form: "I'm feeling good. As long as the team is doing well, that's the most important thing. As an attacking player you always want to contribute so I'm happy I can help the team."

3. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    With his cleverness, eye for goal and with Lax pace, we should be in good nick on left side.

4. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    * poor being on the phone..

Just shows the lack of respect for the manager but even when he was coming off he was disgusted saying why me as well..

He isn't the first and it seems most player's coming off are * with him. Ajeti twice in 2 game's. Mo. Ntcham. It goes on and on..

5. Pablo87 Gold Member Gold Member

Clearly didn't give a *, had the time to get fully changed so couldn't give a * about what was happening on the pitch.

Fine the *!

6. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Probably trying to get away from this * show. Just another player * off with a poor management team.

neilly1987 likes this.
  7. Conjuring_Obey Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley song
    Yeah it seems scapegoating blaming him for being on his phone but players shouldn’t even have their phone for the 90 minutes.

8. DonnyCelt

Maybe shouldn't have been on his phone mate, but in Moi's defence, why the * not. He'd been hooked from the game when there's was others that should've come off before him.

Rightly looked to be * off with the decision. And tbh his game was over so a glance at his phone should mean * all.

After all, it was alright for Lennon to be sat looking at a laptop the other week instead of motivating the team.

Tommy25 likes this.
  9. cammy07

Extremely unprofessional to whip his phone out sitting on the bench, but it just shows how little respect there is for the manager within the squad at the moment.

10. JamesM09

Moi wanted to come here and he works hard on the pitch. No one can question his effort or desire.

He shouldn’t have been on the phone but he clearly has no respect for a clueless unprofessional manager.

He won’t be the only one. Get Lennon out and a pro in.

Tommy25 and Twisty like this.
  11. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Players are always on their phone.

It wasn't that he wasn't trying, he was pish, but who wasnt.

12. Mulgrew

Fav Celtic Player:
    Have a guess
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand Old Team
    BT Sport a bunch of proper snide * to stitch him up like that

Tommy25 likes this.
  13. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Looking at his phone is the last of our problems ffs. Looking at his phone would be much better than looking at that on the pitch.

Tommy25 and neilly1987 like this.
  14. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Guy was wrongly subbed and has been in the past.
    The teams * and the managers *, the entire team sitting in the stands showed little emotion or respect.

Having a look at your phone is hardly criminal.
    Unprofessional and a poor look, sure.
    But if Lennon hammers him for that, then Lennon really hasn't a * clue.
    A player looking at his phone is the least of our worries right now.

But j expect the deflection to be made to try and take the heat off Lennon.

Sutton will drive it as far as he can as well.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Tommy25 and neilly1987 like this.
  15. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

*. Been one of our better players last few games but will be made w scapegoat and bombed from squad now.

Tommy25, Peej and Mulgrew like this.
  16. SwissCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aiden McGeady, Artur Boruc
    For once I have to protect such behaviour. I'm pretty sure he wasn't the only player so fine everyone or no one. Plus, him using his phone was our least problem tonight. We shouldn't get distracted by this.

Peej likes this.
  17. Mulgrew

Fav Celtic Player:
    Have a guess
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand Old Team
    Should point out that I'm not condoning use of his phone, but still, the way BT Sport covered it, with the interviewer outright grassing him up to Lennon live on the air, was pretty shocking

All done to fit their narrative that it's the players are at fault and Lennon isn't

18. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

I think all 11 players were looking at their phones tonight.

19. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    It's unacceptable..

You can't just sit about on the phone after being subbed..

Does give an insight in to behind the scene's..

Valhalla and cammy07 like this.
  20. DonnyCelt

Tbh he'll not be the only one who's done it. Camera picked it up and bird on BT has done him in.