1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Nir Bitton

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by ILoveTheCeltic, Aug 28, 2013.

Discuss Nir Bitton in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Good to have him back.

2. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Mr Consistent. Very very rarely lets us down when he steps in. He’s a fantastic squad player.

3. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Caught out 3 time's today..

No long back so can be excused but if Duffy played Wright in like that this place would crucify him..

His passing overall was really good as well..

4. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Really pleased he's back and closer to a starter now than he used to be for me, even with everyone fit. He's probably let us down less than Duffy has so far in his time here.

Peej likes this.
  5. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Love watching him play. Made a few stupid mistakes today but thankfully they weren’t punished. I feel a lot more settled when I see his name in the squad.

Metrobhoy likes this.
  6. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

His composure and distribution are both excellent attributes to have in a centre half.

Could be a key player over the next few weeks.

Metrobhoy likes this.
  7. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    No probably about it, much better defender than Duffy has shown in a Celtic shirt.

I never really counted Bitton as a natural CB and wanted another one in, regardless.
    But I have to hold my hands up and say he has been sorely missed and is making the CB his own. Between him, Ajer and Julien they are the 3 for me. In a back pairing though, let them rotate and have Welsh get more game time.

Duffy needs dropped.

8. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    Always was a good technical player who reads a game well usually, yes he can * up from time to time then again he isnt on 40k a week. As others have said I'd play him (Bitton) 9 times out of 10 over duff even though he had a decent game today, although tbh the bar for what I expect from him is so low that's not overly impressive.

9. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Apart from the one lapse which unfortunately he is prone to I though he was excellent..

10. TheHappyLoss

A better servant to Celtic than he’s given credit for

11. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    He was great v Scotland in defence, played away to Sevco and other key matches for us. Made a couple of defensive mistakes today but I can live with that so long as he makes us a better football team.

Bitton and Ajer deserve a run together. We'll be much more dominant in matches with their distribution of the ball.

packybhoy likes this.
  12. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    The guys just back from illness too. I appreciate him stepping up as to be honest he still has that sickly look about him. I have to say I would take him over Duffy any day. It's a shame for Duffy and hopefully he will step up a bit and show his worth.

13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

NB: When you play in the Europa League you always play good team. We know it will be a difficult game for us and we'll have be on our game."

NB on his recovery from coronavirus: "I'm feeling good now. The first few days were not ideal but it's behind me now. Against Aberdeen on Sunday I felt good and back to normal."

NB: "We have a strong squad. It's great to have a few players back. It's good to have competition to get the best out of yourself and your teammates. It's a great squad to be a part of

NB: "When you play for a club like Celtic, every competition is important. We always want to succeed and progress to the next stage. We take each game on its own.

14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

NIR BITTON has called for international football to be cancelled during the Covid-19 pandemic as the Celtic utility man opened up on the debilitating impact the virus had on him last month.

The Israeli tested positive for Coronavirus after his nation lost to Scotland on penalties at Hampden in the Euro 2020 play-off semi-final, and he admits at being surprised by the toll it took on him as an elite sportsman.

The experience has left him in no doubt that international football should be mothballed until it is safer for players to travel and mix together with those from other clubs across the world.

“If it was my decision, I would cancel it,” Bitton said. “But it’s not my decision. There is nothing I can do about it.

“Since I came back to Celtic in June we have been in a bubble. We are not allowed to go to restaurants. We are not allowed to have people in the house.

“We are in small circle for four or five months already. Then you go to the national team and you are mixed up with a lot of players from different countries. You don’t know where they have been.

“It’s just all over the place. That’s why I am saying it is quite impossible to control it at international level. And you need to be lucky to not get it.

There is nothing we can do about it. As players we do what we are told. If we get told to go the national team, we go to the national team. If we get told to stay here, we stay here. There is nothing we can do about it.

“It can affect you as a team, it can affect you as an individual. At the end of the day if you go to the national team you need to be sensible and make sure you minimise the risk of getting it. Hopefully we will come back Covid-free.”

Bitton has impressed for Celtic this season playing as a centre-back either side of his Coronavirus diagnosis, with manager Neil Lennon expressing his delight at his assured display against Aberdeen at the weekend.

He is just delighted to be back out on the pitch at all though after his harrowing experience with Covid-19, and he hopes his story will encourage other young, fit people to take the restrictions that are currently in place seriously.

“I’m back to normal now but it was difficult during those first few days,” he said.

“No one really knows how Covid is going to affect you. It doesn’t matter how old you are or how fit you are.

“I woke up in the hotel after the Scotland game with no sense of taste or smell. I went for a test and the result came back positive. I was just thinking I was unlucky, but there’s nothing you can do about it.

“By the night it was coming at me from everywhere. I had a fever, my muscles hurt, my head was sore, it hit me really hard.

“It lasted about three or four days and I slowly started getting back to normal and now I feel back to normal.

“Before I got the virus I really underestimated it – but now I have completely changed my mind.

“It’s important to be sensible and do what the government asks us to do. It can affect you easy or very hard, but you don’t want anything to happen to your parents or grandparents. That’s the most important thing.

“In the first few days you need to get tests on your heart, your bloods and such things, to see how it’s affecting you.

“I wouldn’t say it was scary as such, but you know the beginning of the virus, you don’t know how it’s going to end.

“You are going in to the unknown, but I’m happy it’s behind me.”

Seán Mac D, Peej and Liam Scales like this.
  16. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Aye, woudlnt wish this on anyone, know too many people who have been affected in many varying ways, from simply lossing the senses to being on a ventilator.

Glad the big man is okay now and glad he is back in the side.

I know there isn't much he can do if uefa/FIFA insist games be played, but they can (and I would hope ) refuse to be called up from now on.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

17. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    100% agree with him. Having players travelling all over the place is dangerous and, unlike other clubs I won't mention, we have more than our fair share of players who play for their countries and who are therefore in danger.

Liam Scales likes this.
  18. Brian Dunphy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Merry Plougboy
    Underrated player. Dont think I would have him in midfield anymore but brilliant cover at centre half and dont have a problem with him being in at centre half anytime I see the line up

19. GavCFC1

Stinking tonight

Sydneysider likes this.
  20. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Just too slow to play in a back 2 wity Duffy..

Both frighteningly slow..