1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Will we win the league?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Oct 30, 2020.

Discuss Will we win the league? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Not the foregone conclusion we have seen over 8 of the last 9 seasons with last season being close until January. I think we are seeing a repeat of that and everyone, including myself are getting nervous and hitting meltdown mode. Purely because of what’s at stake, the prestige and the history that comes along with it. I think this will happen with every game that doesn’t go our way and will be the same for the filth and their fans. Nobody wants to blink first and they will more likely take advantage in stacking the points up in our absence from league duty. The two games in hand we need to take care of and then see these * down the road and dispose of them. I do believe we will win the league but may be tight.

leeso-ardoyne and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  2. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

We can and should but not 100% just now tbh..

They're clearly the favourites imo and we really need to improve asap and get to the top - especially because this season could potentially end early.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  3. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    I would argue we already have blinked mate, we need to turn this round quick but circumstances aren’t helping either. I know it sounds harsh but I couldn’t give a * about last year’s Scottish Cup or Europe, we need to get a grip of our biggest prize in decades and that’s the league title.

4. jake10

Fav Celtic Player:
    whoever is our new record spend
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go on home british soldiers
    There should be a third option of DEFINITELY

5. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    I totally agree with you about the league being the single most important factor over Europe or Scottish cup. As far as blinking goes, yes we have and the huns will do themselves. We need to take care of the two spare games and any league games going forward but I’m taking comfort in the belief that our squad have more about them to go on a winning run than the huns. I can see them having a rough patch.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  6. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Considering the fact we still have to play them 3 times, that’s if the season finishes, and Lennon looks completely clueless against Gerrard I just can’t see us making it up just now.

The league is absolutely awful this season and they look like they’ve sorted their defence out so can’t see them dropping many points.

7. Bob Loblaw Gold Member Gold Member

Voted yes, but that's more in hope now, rather than the expectation of previous seasons.

A radical overhaul is needed of the club regardless.

8. Paul McAuley

What was it 13points behind? 3-0 down at HT in Killie. In Lenny we trust!

LectersLuncheon and bobs1974 like this.
  9. jj81

Bookmarked this one , 11 games in , yes I don't think lennon is a good tactician etc but this squad has been here and done it , to the guys that said we wouldn't win the league , im willing to have a bet with you all, a neutral member here could take all the money and pay it out when the season ends , ( said member takes a cut for his/here trouble )

And for those that voted no and willing to bet , at least you have a win / win situation

bobs1974 likes this.
  10. jj81

^^ pished

11. jj81

Naw am no

12. Paul McAuley

On yer sel!!! A couldn’t back us for or against. Not a superstitious man atall unless it comes to us. The curse of the Joana is real man.

jj81 likes this.
  13. Big C

I’ve seen enough over the past few games to BELIEVE we will. My only concern is how we play against that * show from the other side of the city. We have by far the better players, we need to show it.
    That comment from Levein should be used to encourage a siege mentality, every * wants us to fail!!!
    MON was brilliant at using that type of media crap to our advantage, Neil you’ve learned from the best go and write your name in the history books!!!
    Win tomorrow and kick on, this could be a catalyst for our season.

14. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Genuine question.....'if' we win tomorrow and then have the final too then that'll be 3 in hand!! Is the league points per game if it had to called early??.....i'm guessing it is because that's a far better target to go for in the short term rather trying to overhaul them in the next couple of months, espevially when you look at the fixtures!!

15. belbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley...the shebeen version
    Yes if Corona virus dosnt impact it

16. john2061

Scottish cup games are a pain in the * just now and hopefully Killie can get some kind of result tomorrow and we can get most of our players back and Lenny can cut out the * ups .

17. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Bit downbeat the last week but aye..

They're stronger and won't completely capitulate but they'll still hit a rocky spell and we'll find form, especially when we get some big gun's back..

We'll have enough in the tank..

18. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

We simply cannot assume the huns will hit a dodgy spell . There's no guarantee that because its happened in previous seasons it will happen again.

If we are to win the league we will need to do it on our own steam, we will need to take at the very least 5 points from the rest of the games against the hun and minimise the sloppy performances at places like killlie and Aberdeen. We need jullien back and we need the summer signings to start making more of an impact than they have been so far. We need the real odsonne to stand up, Jamesy back and firing again and we need Ryan back to something like the form of 2 years ago. A fit and rejuvenated rogic would be a massive help.

All that maybe a big ask to happen all together. Very much on the fence at the moment.

King of Kings likes this.
  19. lazyregula

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing!
    We aren't too far behind and should hit a run of form. They won't keep up their winning run the whole season. The leagues not over yet.

20. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    As I said at start of season whilst being shot down for saying it, they are a more consistent side, there is a pandemic going on which is an external force outwith our control putting our players on the sideline and threatening to finish the league season early. That with the psychological pressure of getting 10 titles with a coach who is inconsistent in his tactics and his emotions.

60/40 right now in their favour.

Aidan O’Shea likes this.