1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Mohammed Elyounoussi.

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by The Thumb, Aug 30, 2019.

Discuss Mohammed Elyounoussi. in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    The team i picked for Sunday isn't far off that Dev..

Was more a 4-3-1-2 but I like the diamond as well. Think it works for us in a lot of domestic game's as it still offers that threat with 2 up..

Also like the 4-3-3 and think it suits our personnel massively but as you say, we need Forrest back to even try that..

Eddy off the left. Ajeti or Griff in the middle. Forrest or even Mikey off the right..

We have the option's and soon will have everyone back. It's up to the coaching staff to fine the killer formula..

2. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Eddy needs to be through the niddle flr me but a striker to get closer to him and play off him. Honestly, am just praying a see at least one game Eddy, Moi and Tam at there best. Cos that’s unstoppable

Edit here: people are don’t want to recognise how much a key player Forrest is btw, even not playing well he’s a massive player for us

McChiellini.. likes this.
  3. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    He pulls off to the left a lot anyway and comes back in..

Think he could play it well..

Just as a different option now and again..

I don't always like him up top on his own..

4. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    It is his natural game mate but he pulls defenders out of position doing that. When he starts over there he doesn’t.

Like people saying the 352, that worked because of Griff. Lenny’s biggest attribute as a manager for me has always been changing the shape to suit the players, lately he’s been changing the shape because he thinks that works and shoehorning the players in there.

that needs to stop

5. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    100% spot on about fitting anything in because we've been working on th system..

That's been bugging loads of us..

Overcomplicating a lot of lineups and system's when no need..

6. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Looks to me that he’s realised that’s what he was doing but, and gave the players a rocket. The acid test is Aberdeen on the weekend to see if that’s the case but. Last chance now, I back him to do kick on from here. Don’t hide how much I’ve always rated him as a manager, start of this season it looks like he’s doubting himself to me. By the 2nd half of the AC game I think he’s wrestling it back to what makes me rate him, but it’s down to the next game if he’ll still be here IMO.

He looked far more involved on the touchline tonight, I think this is when you’ll see us majorly kick on.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  7. Rendog

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM song
    Imagine Lubo surrounded by this * around him?

8. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    He’d just Cruyff turn and stick it in the top corner whether it was his left peg or right? We all know Lubo was good?

9. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Hope so Dev :48:

I've gave him it rotten, absolutely stinking of late and the second half deflated me again tonight but I'm gonna switch in to positive mode now as well..

Good performance on Sunday and ill jump on board the everyone in it together camp. This negativity all over the place is doing no one any good..

Win on Sunday and a show of defiance moving forward is what we need..

10. oh bhoy

he's so frustrating The guy is obviously a quality player but he needs to be creating more chances for the strikers,yes he scored two brilliant goals i don't think I would be as critical of him if I didn't think it he was capable of so much more,he has the ability to be terrorising anyone in that group and domestically

GreenLeanMean likes this.
  11. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Ave gave him it stinking as well, 2nd half tonight wasn’t bad management for me though. It was a better team. Huns, first half AC and the last ten minutes of Aberdeen. Honking management.

He has this weekend mate. Absolutely 100% sure we’re going to absolute storm it this weekend but

12. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Such a great player when he's in the mood, 2 wonderful goals.

13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Mohamed Elyounoussi insists Neil Lennon has the full backing of the Celtic squad – and he’s convinced Thursday’s point in France can kick start their season.

The Hoops ace bagged a sensational first half double before the French cracks fought back after the break to salvage a 2-2 draw with Lille in the Europa League

Star man Elyounoussi was gutted not to grab a hat trick and they win but he believes the performance proved the squad are right behind their under fire manager.

Parkhead boss Lennon has been on the rack after defeats to Rangers and AC Milan, followed by last weekend’s 3-3 thriller in Aberdeen.

It’s four games without a win on the back of the Europa League stalemate with Lille but Elyounoussi reckons it’s crazy to criticise the gaffer.

The Norway star said: “Being written off was a motivation, of course. But we stuck to the plan and had a really good plan.

We needed some luck as well. Scott Bain was incredible, I scored two nice goals.

We’re just disappointed not to get three points but we played against a really good team at the top of the French table. So it’s okay.

I don’t read the criticism. And I don’t know why anyone should criticise him (the manager).

“He’s shown over many, many years that he’s a good manager. We believe in him and his staff.

“Of course it has been a difficult week for us but we have to stick together, stick to the plan and we’ll come out stronger. We are 100 per cent behind him. Of course.

There will always be some difficult moments – and it’s been a difficult week.

“If you had offered us a point before the game, we would have been happy.

“But, when you’re leading 2-0, you have to be just disappointed that we didn’t get the win.

“A win would have been huge for us so there are mixed emotions right now.

But we put in a really good performance from all of us, from Scott Bain in goal to the strikers.

“We now take this positivity into Sunday’s game – and obviously next Thursday we have to win.”

Elyounoussi hasn’t quite hit the heights of last term yet this season but Lennon declared the attacker’s performance in France as his best of the campaign.

The on loan Southampton man insisted he’s now set the standard and is hoping to kick on but he admitted he was frustrated at missing chances to clinch all three points in Lille.

Elyounoussi said: “I’m happy to help the team to get the point.

“This is the level I want to play on. You play against good sides, get a bit more space and can just go for it.

“Sometimes in the Scottish league it’s a bit more difficult, you play against teams who defend well, it’s tight, not much space.

“That’s why I enjoy the European games.

I don’t know what goal was my favourite but I can tell you what wasn’t my favourite moment – the chance I had to score in the second half when I didn’t shoot.

“I don’t think too much about the ones I scored. I’m more disappointed with the moments in the second half when I could have passed it earlier or just gone for it, as I did in the first half.

Obviously I’m happy with my two goals but still a bit disappointed I couldn’t get a hat-trick.”

Elyounoussi is hoping Celtic can build on the Europa League showing in Sunday’s Scottish Cup semi-final showdown with Aberdeen

He said: “Everyone should take confidence from this game. I am expecting a similar type of game to last week, with them hitting on the counter attack.

“I thought we did well up until we conceded the penalty but we need to play fast football like we did against Lille.

“It’s now all about recovery, nutrition and everything to make sure we have fresh legs on Sunday, a really important game for us.”

14. Trequartista

Last night showed what he is capable of doing and it’s no surprise he done it in such an open game where he was giving time and space. Imperative he takes this into domestic duties and becomes the player we know he can be.

15. Foley1888

This for me he does something’s that really don’t make sense, like for the first goal last night cracking finish but has an easy pass to Ntcham to play him in (not complaining as we don’t shoot often enough) but then gets into very similar positions twice after that and once tries a reverse back heel pass to Ajeti and the second time keeps running when he should have got his shot off. Then next time shoots from the byline.

All in all two very well taken goals and a threat for most of the game but should have got his hat trick. I just hope he can replicate that level of performance on Sunday as his domestic form has been poor so far this season.

16. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    I agree with your points but I thought the Lille defender done a decent job of making the pass to ntcham difficult. In that instance with the space he was given he was right to shoot.

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

17. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Showed what hes all about last night.

As someone who screamed for us to sign him for years though, I think he has so much more to give.

Too inconsistent right now. I've also noticed he tires reasonably quickly in games.

Smithy and Cumbernauld Bhoy67 like this.
  18. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Second game in Europe he's gotten us a result. Was also our best player vs Ferencvaros.

19. Trequartista

I’d disagree with the fitness side of it. He was still breaking forward with the ball even at the end and done well with the press all game from what I can remember.

Liam Scales likes this.
  20. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Should be killing our league..

The link up with Ajeti was excellent last night and that's something that can definitely get better. He's already proved he can link up with Edouard.

He could play in the 10 in a 3-5-2.

Lots of desire and determination too.