1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

LOSC Lille (2) v Celtic (2)

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by KevMan, Oct 25, 2020.

Discuss LOSC Lille (2) v Celtic (2) in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JamesM09

Appalling game management.

IMO we’ve learned nothing new.

Most of the players continue to fight for the club and drag us to wins. Lennon watches on from the sides, thinking about his smart * media comments, bringing nothing to the game.

We still cannot defend set pieces.

Major positive tonight is the player are there. If we replace the management team we can achieve our goals this season.

2. joemc

Correct , subs a little to late , they don't look as fit as they used to be as well .

JamesM09 and Garrymac1888 like this.
  3. ticketyboo0 Gold Member Gold Member

You were right on both points, unfortunately Lenny's game management leaves alot to be desired. Seems everyone but him could see Ntcham was * even before the hour mark, we wer too stand offish in second half. We needed changes alot earlier and why the * bring Eddy on web Griffith's would be much sharper and fitter...not to mention not coming back from covid.

4. Diamond D

Really annoyed at that. Yes you take a point before the game but we scored two great goals, brilliant penalty save. We concede a bad set piece goal and then a sloppy second. Thought eddy would get us the winner or at least get us to hold it up more. Elly could have got his hat trick had he been more direct near the start of the eecond half.

Fancy Lille to get something out of the two games against Milan so it is absolutely crucial we beat Sparta at home and then ideally away as well. Home game vs Lille sure to be a massive one

GreenLeanMean likes this.
  5. James Gold Member Gold Member

Frustrating as * poor game management cost us yet again too late with the changes

Garrymac1888 likes this.
  6. Conlon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Past - Henrik .... Present - Who knows
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing... among others
    Was expecting getting skelped tonight, knew it was too good to be true 2-0 up... but I'd rather get a point than the pummelling i was expecting.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

NakamuraTastic and Marie like this.
  7. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

excellent game tonight

we played well, teams starting to look like a celtic team again

maybe could have got the win, but we played well and got a good draw away from home in the end

slightly annoyed with lennon having all them players but reluctant to make changes, thats not good management

if your at celtic and in the first team squad then your good enough to get on the park when we are in need

him being obviously reluctant to do that sets the subs confidence low as they arent stupid they know the gaffer hasnt any faith in them, not good coaching at all very poor

8. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Good twenty minutes in firs thalf saw some great link up play with ajeti and Ely, with laxalt doing brilliant work on the wing.
    Gets two goals, could have had 3 or 4 in the first half

Queue Lennon being Lennon. Subs, formations, motivation, squad management, all absolutely * horrendous yet again come the second half.

Second half was a shambles. Takes ajeti off, who aside from Ely two goals, was out best chance at goals.

Duffy not coming off, more jokes.
    The entire triple sub antics was pathetic and highlights for me how little Lennon actually knows what the * he is doing.

Feel for soro, what was he expected to do there? Turnbull on twenty minutes earlier for ntcham was the sub that was needed.

Overall, I didn't expect anything from to ighr, but the twenty minutes in the first half was actually entertaining and showed what we could be capable of. But Lennon does what Lennon does and rips up what was the positives almost as if he is yet again trying to prove he doesn't want to do the right thing.

He's not done enough today to warrant any relaxing of the criticism he has rightly got, from the fans(he better * believe it's from us and not just the media).

If he can go away and acknowledge what the good points was tonight, he may rescue something out the season.

But for me, not enough was done for me not to want him sacked at the first chance.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

9. Montero Gold Member Gold Member

Always a gutter to lose a 2 goal lead but I wasn't expecting anything from this game so it's a point gained

10. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    A bitter sweet result but we will stuff this mob at home. :ynwacelti

11. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Still not encouraging from Lennon. Another game where we haven't won. I know a draw in France is a great result on paper but we really should've seen that game out from the position we were in.

Lennon out.

12. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Played well away from home against a very good side.

The 2 goals are a kick in the baws but we’d have taken that result going into the game.

13. FATLAZYBHOY Born in the steamie Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    CELTIC SONG (CLASSIC)
    we're so naive when it comes to playing in europe. we were trying to stay on our feet at most of the lille tackles and gaining nothing out of it, were as every tackle by celtic on a lille player and they go down, result, free kick.
    would have taken a draw at the start of the game, but after going 2 nil up, sort of disapointed to only get a single point

14. honda Gold Member Gold Member

This side pumps PSG for fun and we should have won. Well done!

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  15. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

I’m not gonna complain about that tbh. Sat far too deep 2nd half and left it all to the defence, with that amount of pressure we were never not gonna concede at some point.

All in all I’m happy enough with that, was having horrible feelings this morning we could concede 5 tonight.

16. dmac

Duffy needs to forget he is a fan and remember he is here to do a job and concentrate

17. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Lennon takes ajeti off, the partner that Ely was feeding off of, and yup, we know what happened next.

Absolutely bizarre from Lennon.

Is he listening to the computer too much? Grow a pair Lennon.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

18. muaythai postie

Fav Celtic Player:
    lubo
    Ntcham should have been off the park earlier, guy has some talent but he is a lazy *. I thought ajeti played well and should have stayed on with ntcham coming off. Griffith's must be frustrated as * not getting on.

19. andybhoy94 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    Feels like we blew it tbh, tremendous 1st half but the same old deficiencies showing up in the 2nd poor defending and Lennon's game management really lacking again, expected nothing from the game but in context we should have seen it out and won.

20. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    2-2 away from home against the second team in France..I'll take that. Using IMDB ratings: Celtic 6.9/10