1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Bunk Moreland

Didn't say he should be defended for some of his decision making, however sacking a manager for losing one and drawing one in a row domestically is just plain crazy.

Sydneysider likes this.
  2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

3. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    I don’t think his comments were that good. Matter of fact, ridiculous.

He’s more or less saying that the absolute garbage we have seen for a long time now is us being wrong, and not his fault at all because it’s just fake news.

:56: if it wasn’t alarming before, it sure is now after that *.

Love him, but I love the club more and believe the club could easily be managed by a manager many times better then him.

Weird comparison here but If there was some sort of manager ranking as easy as it would be to rank a striker, on a top 500 list, the Rat would be like on 25th while Lennon would be on 480th, if even getting on the list.

Absolute no brainier. We should aim for higher. You would not be happy signing a striker from the 4th division.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Noskeil likes this.
  4. Brian Dunphy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Merry Plougboy
    I also think for his sanity and mental health he should be relieved of his duties because he looks on the brink. Mental health is more important than football

freitassen likes this.
  5. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

On the first part I'm not really sure what it is you claim to have neither stated or implied.

On the next 2 points, you literally mentioned both those managers by name and stated their achievements then said "we could have ended up with someone like that". So, you kinda did

Your last point is wholly valid, but what you're essentially talking about is a manager who would be, for want of a better term, a project. It was not the time to be appointing a project manager, we were going for 9, and certainly not now. The time to have done that would have been when lenny left 1st time round and we done exactly that. Possibly even when ronny left, but at the time we went big in Rodgers, just a shame he turned out to be a total *. If lenny is to be replaced during the season lt probably has to be someone with a bit of experience, who will be able to handle a high pressure situation and command immediate respect from the players. Maybe the end of this season, if things go * up, for a project manager and rebuild.

Mickmac likes this.
  6. freitassen

He is effectively risking his reputation and respect as a Celtic legend. It would be better in that department for him to leave as well.

7. Sydneysider

8. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I’m not disputing that Rodgers is a better coach but what is your reasoning for claiming Rodgers is 25 and Lennon is 480?

Lennon has won more titles, went further in the CL, beaten the greatest team on the planet etc...

What is your maths for your post?

Mince.Charming and Dannybhoy81 like this.
  9. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    A positive performance the morra night would be a good start to gettin the feel good factor back.

Rydo1888*, Noskeil and Sean Daleer like this.
  10. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    No maths, and I’m not saying Lennon is bad either. When Lennon beat Barca, he had a squad suited to his style of football. Now he has the opposite of that.

Look at the gain in muscle on the players 4-6 months after Rodgers arrival. Absolutely crazy, especially Tierney.

Makes you wonder if Lennon even have a diet set up for the players when they look out of shape and not even close to what they once was.

We could play * football in the first half under Rodgers, but come out in second half scoring 4. Thanks to tactical knowledge.

Lennon has never had that ability, not even in his first reign, because that was passion and thunder, and that has shown to be gone in him.

It’s night and day between him and Rodgers

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Noskeil likes this.
  11. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

You never answered my question. At all.

A politicians answer you just gave mate :giggle1:

12. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    These pathetic online negative clowns will not stop Neil Lennon doing 10 in a row no matter how * miserable and depressing they get. Some of these online moronic Celtic fans need to give themselves a * good boot up that * and get behind the team and the manager because Neil Lennon is going nowhere and he will lead us to 10 in a row.

Time to stop crying, we've got a Title to win, it would be nice if you'd come along with us for the ride.

Dannybhoy81 and Mince.Charming like this.
  13. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

It would but I can’t see it professor. Lille are a good team.

A draw would be a great result tomorrow but honestly I would settle for something resembling a team performance. Anything that shows everyone pulling in the same direction, regardless of result.

14. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    I've been fed up with Lenny for a while now, but after seeing all the huns on social media gloating, slating the entire Celtic team, hitting out with their sectarian pish about Lennon and Duffy etc, I've changed my mind.

There's a lot of work to be done to win me over but I'm willing to support Lenny and hope he can turn this back around. Mainly because of everything he's given Celtic in the past but also because I hope seeing the sight of Lenny, Brooney, Griff all celebrating 10 on a row will destroy the tribute act and their knuckle-dragging followers for good.

15. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    For me the huns don't even enter into the equation, i don't read, watch or listen to their bile, they've been starved of any success for so long they are desperate.

The media can also * off, they love all this *, only way to answer the critics is to do it on the park, if Lenny canny manage that he'll be gone, i don't think the current situation is good for him or us.

Sgt Neppers* and Noskeil like this.
  16. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

* yes. That more than anything would make me me the happiest man alive.

Siege mentality.

Get everyone * pumped silly and prove everyone wrong.

We can but hope

17. Sin

You're right, Lennon will stop 10 in a row all by himself!

18. celtic warrior

Ain't no celtic fan in the world who'd not give their full unwavering support to Lennon.

There is not any modern celtic legend we'd pick above Lennon to guide us to 10iar in the real world.

Anyone who disagrees is a moron. Because in Lennon, there is a man who has given this club more than any footballer today would ever dream of giving, for him, playing and managing us, wearing our crest week in week out is his life blood, a privilege, to see him lift us to the 10 after already having go through so much would probably evoke such a raw and overwhelming sense of pride and joy that I wouldn't feel if any other manager in world was at helm and led us to a 10-0 win over Real Madrid in a CL final.

Everyone here, if given choice, only wants to see Lennon lift trophy after trophy after trophy, to be our man who singlehandedly sticks it to the whole of this std riddled cesspit of country when it comes to its football tribalism and media.

I want him to turn this around and batter teams for ever thinking we were down and out and ready to be killed, to storm the league and ruin those scum * at their poxy broken home.

I hope he does, I pray he does. There would be nothing sweeter then him and Brown being plastered everywhere, iconic photos, lifting our 10iar.

Noskeil likes this.
  19. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

* up

moravcik1888 and Dannybhoy81 like this.
  20. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Fingers crossed, for me I’d be happy with the good football we expect and a decent performance, I’d want to take all three points but happily take a point from it.

Also the team and Lennon need to get their ruthlessness back, a wee bit more desire and passion, as I’ve said before I want Celtic to win I want us playing good football, if that with Lennon or without I just want success at Celtic. Until either happens (at the moment sadly reluctantly) we all need back the lads, as social media and the MSM will be in the back of their minds, that dries up and we have a decent chance of focusing on football.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
    The Prof likes this.