1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Hope Lenny uses these next 2 games to sort the team selection and find a settled line up. Winning the cup would be a huge boost for the confidence and clinching the quadruple treble.

Next issue will be a fixture pile up, he needs to make full use of the squad and youngsters. That means giving Welsh, Soro, Turnbull, Dembele, Paddy etc more game time so they are ready to step in when needed.

Keep a settled backline and then rotate in front, we need to stop conceding so many goals. And also need to start defending from the front, we were never that solid under the rat at the back but our pressing game is what won us so many games and trophies.

2. DennyCelt Free Palestine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Shunsuke Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Marco Rose drew 2-2 against Real Madrid with his Gladbach team tonight :55: wish we could’ve seen him in Celtic colours for real

3. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    None of these managers would choose us over the bundesliga, daft to believe that if you do.
    This isn't aimed at you alone but I think fan's need to start being realistic rather than try and put these unattainable names out there as viable options just to put Lenny in a bad light

4. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    No doubt Lennys coat is on a shaky nail.
    He does need to given a bit of slack.
    W
    But where is cut off point?
    For me, even if we loose tomorrow, and sheep dump us out of last seasons cup, I would still like to see him stay but if we drop points in SPL, then he needs to go.
    Rap sheet is just getting longer.
    None of the players he has signed in the last 2 transfer windows have delivered and some not even given the chance to shine.

5. ede

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I am wanting Lenny out but I really worry about who replaces him if he does. We need someone to hit the ground running immediately with no room for tinkering and projects. It would have to be a seasoned manager rather than a young and upcoming manager. Really struggle to come up with any names. Would people like MON and WGS or even Mick McCarthy really be the answer? Would Eddie Howe take too long to settle? Bringing in a foreign manager (non British) would be quite a risk too considering what js at stake this season and especially he will be playing catch-up right from the go!

It could really go either way. No one person could honestly say replacing Lenny will definitely be better. We can only judge Lenny on recent results and performances which has undoubtedly been of a poor standard and he certainly is a game or two away from a sacking. I am sure of it. You don’t get this much noise without any action behind the scenes. But what is the right or best decision, don’t even think PL knows.

Dannybhoy81 and Mickmac like this.
  6. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Really hope not. His teams play * football and are generally unsuccessful.

7. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    So what you've really pointed out is that these young successful managers get their big move to a Bundesliga team which is probably a dream move for them. And you think they'd choose a move to Scottish football over that. Total pie in the sky stuff.

8. Brian Dunphy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Merry Plougboy
    Ooft

9. Harry Caray

Aww Laura Hamilton though :49:

Brian Dunphy likes this.
  10. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    It's been a very difficult run of matches. As tough as it gets. If we lose on pens to Aberdeen, you want him sacked?

Not for me!

11. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Failing to beat Aberdeen, twice, in the space of a week would be a disgrace. How low are your standards?

thailandceltic and Noskeil like this.
  12. Whoflungdung

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ryan Christie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SOldiers song
    Have faith people we will beat the sheep and go onto win the quadruple treble.....and thats a * record.......

Dannybhoy81 and Metrobhoy like this.
  13. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    I think the idea is that you approach managers of that calibre before they get the opportunity to move to the Bundesliga.

Trying to identify who would could get is an impossible task really - but I do think @Jeremie Frimpong is correct in that there are good managers out there that would be interested in a move here.

Overall though, I feel as though what’s needed is much more long-term/structural than just a change of manager.

ede, Valhalla and Jeremie Frimpong like this.
  14. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I think you're under-rating Aberdeen. They're a good side this season.

15. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    If we can't beat St Mirren, I'll join in with the criticism. We will though, so 3 points is the gap.

16. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    All Lennon has to do to keep his job is not get embarrassed tomoro night and fall over the line v Aberdeen at the weekend. But really the real test will come away to Motherwell and Hibs.

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

17. Jeremie Frimpong

If they are successful, they are 'total pie in the sky stuff'; if they are unsuccessful, they are undesirable.

I was, in fact, simply giving examples of title-winning managers in comparable leagues going on to have successful careers, in order to refute the ludicrous argument that they would fail at Celtic because Deila did.

If we cannot compete with Hertha Berlin (Favre), Borussia Mönchengladbach (Rose), and Union Berlin (Fischer) for managers, we can certainly compete with Zürich, Red Bull Salzburg, and Basel.

rickyroma25, Hammy89 and Valhalla like this.
  18. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    If you don't think we'll beat St Mirren, I'll give you the 3 points gap? Hand on heart, do you think we won't?

Aberdeen are a good side this season. Best for some time in my honest opinion. I was gutted Sevco got them on the opening day before they kicked into form. I think we'll beat them at Hampden but if we don't, it's not the end of the world.

The window was fantastic? The board backed the manager, yes but the signings were poor for me as it stands.

Duffy - Disaster
    Barkas - Nowhere near Forster and expensive
    Ajeti - Early days but expensive
    Turnbull - One for the future
    Moi - Not good enough. Knew this last season.
    Laxalt - Too early to have an opinion

None of the above would make my starting 11 if all available with the exception of Barkas for now and we didn't sign a DM to back-up Brown.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
  19. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I'm expecting Lille to comfortably beat us in the form they're in. Think we all know it's going to be 3 nil or something.

The semi final will be tense and yes, Motherwell away is massive.

Los Palmas 7 likes this.
  20. Thommo92

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tierney
    fixed that