1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. stew37

I was feeling this way after the Ferencvaros game to be honest, and I haven't seen enough to suggest things are shifting in our favour, and that was a couple of months ago now.

It seems crazy to be considering changing the management at this point but I think the board should seriously be preparing for it, before it's too late.

2. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Honestly can’t be * listening to him at the moment, he must be watching totally different games.

neilly1987, ede, Garrymac1888 and 2 others like this.
  3. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    I fear this could get really ugly. :42:

4. Sgt Neppers*

With lockdown, everybody, literally every single fan is watching on t.v. Where there is every camera angle, pause and rewind, running, possession, shots, throw in stats (plus the rest) going. Plus analysis from ex pros. You cannot fool the punters. They see and here everything currently.

It's mental if believes it is one week. I believe that was for the board really.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  5. celticfife

I can't understand how he can come out and defend anything that's happened this season, we've been nothing short of tragic a majority of the time, decent games against Hamilton & Hibs don't forgive everything that happened either side of those games.

His rant about the media being against him and a majority of the fans still being on his side reeks of the huns 'everyone is against us' mentality.

I understand people saying that were only two points behind where we were at this time last season but I wonder where we'll be when he eventually get's the sack and how difficult it'll be to climb out of that hole.

On a final note, it's difficult enough for us to keep our best players with the EPL just down the road, with Lennon in charge players will leave, not a single player has improved since he came back in, I'd go as far as to say most of them have went back the way.

I don't know the answer to who we get in but then again the Lawwell's job, I'd be staggered if he hasn't been having a look at who's available.

6. Brian Dunphy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Merry Plougboy
    It's like hes been brainwashed by himself. The * he has been spouting is off the scale. I'm getting embarrassed by it now.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  7. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Sounds like he’s in panic mode in all honesty.

Trying to deflect onto the media is bizarre considering the likes of Sutton are scared to criticise their pal and Sportsound have been saying Celtic fans are unrealistic in our expectations.

He’s getting a * easy ride if anything.

neilly1987 and ede like this.
  8. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

I think with the League the excuse can be used that with the game in hand we could be only 3 points behind, but if we lose at the weekend we go out of a cup competition, i just think the pressure would be too much.

9. Markybhoy

I can only speak for myself but I would never 'allow mediocrity' to creep in at Celtic. It is my absolute rejection of mediocrity that is driving my desire to see Neil Lennon(a man I have the utmost admiration for) removed from his position. Because at the end of the day, my fondness for Neil Lennon must come second to Celtic winning 10 in a row.

My post was really just a reflection of how I feel about Celtic's form right now. We are playing * and the Sevco match has left me deflated and feeling a bit defeated if I'm being honest(even though I predicted the outcome beforehand). The team needs to get it's act together before my faith in it will be restored.

10. CountyDownFaithful

5 huge games without a win. Nobody could survive that. Especially if the Huns stretched their lead.

11. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I guess that throws out any notion of him stepping down. If we do lose the next couple of games the board themselves will need to act.

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  12. Brian Dunphy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Merry Plougboy
    If he thinks it's a minority of us saying he should go hes wrong. Unfortunately it's the majority now I would say.

13. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    We will win the cup semi and the cup final.

Dannybhoy81 likes this.
  14. wulliebad

Lenny is starting to sound like a bit of a *,he wants respect for players.Where was the respect for the fans when you got 0 shots on goal against the zombies.Where was the respect for the fans when you played 0 strikers and got us * out the CL and scraped into the EU groups.
    10k-25k a week and some of the * cant take a corner or free kick or keep a shot out the stands,then there is the defence.:54:

You need to remember where all that season ticket money came from to pay your wages.

No doubt went home and told wife his interview was brilliant.:48:

15. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I would just like a tiny bit, one tiny wee * bit of accountability from him, and just to say even once, "we have been poor and need to improve"

Instead he just guffaws at everyone and refuses acknowledge or take on board a single piece of criticism.

I get the whole protecting the players, but where was that when he gave his "some of them want out, go then!" comments?!

16. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    Whether I would want him sacked or not I wouldn't lower myself to provide ammunition for the SMSM to have a go at Celtic. Anybody taking part in that kind of poll needs to take a good hard look at themselves. Any polls going in the media when the scouse * was getting it tight from the bigots?

Anybody know what sources are running this poll

17. wulliebad

Half the anger is because all we get is,we was brilliant,we was unlucky,its the ref,its toothache,its the virus.

neilly1987, Valhalla and Marty McFly like this.
  18. StevieBhoooy!

He’s lost any connection with reality and how the majority of supporters see things...

Pure denial.

He does NOT look well either.

Breathnach67 and neilly1987 like this.
  19. Cena Never Give Up Gold Member

Cannot be arsed with him anymore

neilly1987 and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  20. StevieBhoooy!

How did he vote? :fear: