1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. rickyroma25

I'm in the minority I suppose, but the Aberdeen game has no bearing on things for me. Asking him to beat Aberdeen to save his job is the lowest of bars. I want him gone because he's managing the team in exactly the way I expected when he was given the job. Lack of any ethos or tactical nous, throwing money away on players who don't fit the style of play, strange team selections, no player progression and an insistence on sticking with certain players and letting others stagnate.

Having said all that, Neil Lennon is just a symptom of the real problem. A visionless board who still seem to think it's the year 2000

2. celtic warrior

This is how grim it is.

I'd happily see prison screw Dyche take over here after his inevitable departure from Burnley.

3. Dubliner1

Catch a grip. The French side are strong favs to beat us just the same way AC Milan were. Regarding Aberdeen I fully expect us to beat them at Hampden. If we get anything on Thursday night it will be a bonus. Please STOP the negativity for now and get behind the manager and the team.

4. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Lille are only strong favourites because the state the team is in. We’d be going into the game expecting to compete if we were in form. Doesn’t matter if you expect us to win. If we lose he’s gone. I don’t know how you can keep up a facade of positivity. Since the beginning of the season it’s been slowly draining everything out of me and it’s coming to a head, the constant * performances have caught up with us. We can only take so much. You can be happy with mediocrity if you want. I never said anything about not supporting the team.

Hammy89 likes this.
  5. Dubliner1

I understand your points above. We need to look at the bigger picture. I feel our team are suffering from not having the supporters. We have so many good players missing. Individual mistakes by certain players is destroying us. We will come good again. We all need to stick together. All the best

Mystic Penguin likes this.
  6. MyNameIsMartin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and over
    Although Lennon wasn't my first choice as Rodgers replacement and we still don't look like progressing under him sometimes, he still has my backing. Who else is out there? I think we were unlucky in the Feverfaros(sp?) game and have been trying to find our groove, I think Aberdeen are going to test everyone. Now that he's finally woken up to the fact we need a 4-1-4-1/4--4-2/4-3-3 (basically four defenders!) we need to start moving forward tactically and as a team. With players coming back to full fitness there's no reason why we can't start snowballing teams if we are being coached/trained adequately.

Time will tell. Cohesion is just as important as individual brilliance.

7. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    Been quite a critic of Lennon on here and think we should have parted company quite a while ago. Genuinely don't think he will be sacked or leave any time soon, so I've been opting to be as positive as possible regarding the 10IAR. However, whatever the outcome of this season, I'm convinced that this should be his final season with us.

On paper, the manky mobs fixtures after Xmas look much worse than ours. If we can get by the next 3 domestic games unscathed and then get a settled team with Ajer&Jullien at the back and Edouard&Griffiths up top, then our league run-in until we next play them in January doesn't look that bad on paper. Granted, we have been rank rotten in most games so nothing is guaranteed here. He'll need to pull a rabbit out the hat against that mob in January - need to probably set up the same way as the last game at Ibrox.

It might be a blessing in disguise having those rearranged games played after Christmas when we will hopefully be in better form, have a settled team and have fans in the building too.

Might be all birthday caird pish but it makes a change from me being quite critical in this thread...maybe making me delirious

8. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Completely and wholeheartedly agree with every word here.

Dan Breen, Sydneysider and Ciaran_67 like this.
  9. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

I hate this argument, if you can call it that.

There's plenty of managers out there who are both attainable, and would be an improvement on Lennon. They don't have to be Scottish or have a previous link to the club.

10. freitassen

The fact is the story of both Lazio games was that we were being hammered and Forster somehow did miracles.

If he had Bain or Barkas in the goal then we would finish last in that group easily.

11. Colin Robinson Gold Member Gold Member

I won't completely dismiss the Lazio games as a fluke although we did ride our luck at times. People do put too much weight into those results though.

We were playing decent football between September and November last year. We've been nowhere near that standard since. Our play just now is 'gouge your eyes out' kind of stuff.

12. Britwell bhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Wont judge him against teams like Ac or Lille pretty much thought we had no chance against them when the draw came out as long as we gave it a go and dont get hammered . Its the way we are playing in the league that has to be judged and that game against them is still * me off .
    These players have to take a lot of * aswell dont care what fkd up formation he puts out they have to give us 100% everytime they put that jersey on and no one in that dressing room has done that since the season began .
    We have to turn up against Lille and beat Aberdeen and Motherwell for him to stay if not he has to go but these fkn players need to get there fkn fingers out aswell

13. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

* up

Mystic Penguin likes this.
  14. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    OK, so it was a negative result against sheep.
    And we have not been playing well this season.
    We go to sheep, a tough away fixture, missing several first team regulars, and we score 3 goals, 2 of which were excellent goals.
    However, we shoot ourselves in the foot 3 times with clueless defending and at 2-3 up we are unable to game manage.
    But its the same old failings-not testing keeper in first half, clueless defending, too many players just taking safe option and playing safe passes, cant take a set piece etc. And Lenny has to ship the blame for most of that.
    So, is it Lennys fault that 3 different players take a brain fart with absolutely clueless defending? 100% individual errors, nothing to do with tactics. He had limited options available to him and I was really happy with the team he put out when I saw the team sheet before the game.

Dubliner1 and Dannybhoy81 like this.
  15. MyNameIsMartin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and over
    By all means, fire away. Martinez/Maloney as a side-job to managing Belgium? I wouldn't be 100% against that. Pochettino?

Haven't even heard of many suggestions.

16. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Big Mick McCarthy??

17. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    I'd give it to Jackie Charlton at the minute.

18. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    More paper for widening cracks.

19. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    When does it stop being the players’ fault though?

20. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

:56::56: