1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Kieran Devlin who writes for the Athletic, he reputable lads?

2. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

What’s he saying?

The Athletic is a very good source, more often that not.

3. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

Spot on with this.

Any team can have an off day here and there but problem is we are having far too many of them for it to be a one off.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
    Pearse67*, neilly1987 and Peej like this.
  4. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    This is taken from another site so I'm just passing it on

Kieran Devlin who writes for The Athletic and who is on the 90min Cynic (now The Cynic) podcasts today saying that he spoke to some agents who are anticipating Lennon is one bad result away from getting replaced.

Make of that what you want

5. StevieBhoooy!

Not a good sign when players are disagreeing in the media with Lennons excuses about ‘fragile’ players...

thailandceltic and ede like this.
  6. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley

That’s one bad result too many I’m afraid, any more bad results would be catastrophic for our season. Unless he becomes a tactical genius overnight I can’t see the football on offer getting any better, and that’s where the problem lies, winning and playing good football are two different things, just because you win games doesn’t mean the product is any good. As fans yes we expect to win, but we also require a standard of football far superior to what’s been on offer for the last season and 1/4.

7. Keano88

What’s this?

8. ede

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    A lot of people think exactly like Lennon. He is a club legend, he won leagues before, came back and helped us when the rat left, etc. It’s the same as Lenny saying the players have won us trophies and does not have anything to prove especially to us. He probably thinks the same, that he won us trophies (irrespective of opposition) and he likely thinks he is still doing a brilliant job.

But the truth is he did indeed do well riding on the BR wave. He came in and won the league quite comfortably. It was only when he started changing things to make the team play his way that things starting going downhill. Consecutive failures to qualify for the Champions League (against teams we should have beaten) is enough to call for a sacking (imo!). Then we finally get a decent chance to make good progress in Europe and he totally bottles it against Copenhagen. They are a decent team but we should have beat them.

This season has been so poor. We have really struggled and we look so lacking in confidence, passion, urgency and organisation. The fact that Lenny does not do any shape is mind-boggling. Especially with our form. Does he really just picks 11 players and expect them to know how to play together?!

If we all judge Lennon on this second spell alone, who can honestly say he has done a brilliant job?
    If Lennon was never a club legend and this was his first spell, then he would have been sacked already. He is only still here because of his relations to the club.

neilly1987 and Noskeil like this.
  9. StevieBhoooy!

10. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Could see him go if Aberdeen beat us in the cup.

11. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    If he doesn’t I will be completely resigned to defeat in terms of the season.

12. Heb Celt

If that’s the same Athletic site I see on Facebook then no way are they reputable,huns in disguise.

13. callumrae1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    The Athletic have 2 Scottish football writers, one for Celtic and one for Rangers. While Kieran Devlin is a good Celtic man, the other boy is a hun and a dumplin.

Heb Celt likes this.
  14. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Lille and Aberdeen for me are his make or break and I mean win both and we will hopefully see us turn a corner.

Lose both, he has to go.

15. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    We'll lose to Lille and win against the sheep..
    What happens next ?

16. Bonobhoy

Couldnt give a * about the Lille game tbh,im personally not judging him on that,however as it looks hes here to stay unless he walks.

If he looses against the Sheep,there is no way on earth he should be here after that. I thought he would be at least summoned into the office today and word to get out,looks not,so that tells me more about Lawells intentions.

17. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Well they aren’t going to sack him on a win are they.

The slog continues.

18. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Doesn’t matter. It’s a Celtic game so he will be judged on it.

When the groups were drawn everyone was saying how good it was and how competitive it would be. Can’t go from that to just sacking it off because we are *. We will praise him if we win, so if we lose badly you’re * right we will criticise him.

19. Sgt Neppers*

The sheep game is literally make or break for him with the board and majority of fans. For me he's done regardless. We should be looking for a long term appointment and not just an interim coach.

20. Bonobhoy

Ive been one of the ones that has stated that we were better off out of Europe completely (due to safety reasons every week and going for the 10) And people in here had us topping that group :88:

And even if we had the rat in charge and we were flying, their is a huge possibility we would get beat of Lille anyways,as our European record is a hit and miss.

The Semi final though is the last straw for me,we play as a team,and win,see Lennon get of his * * and proove things have been worked out this week then fair enough......If none of this,then i dont want to see him or a few others be there by monday morning.

They all have have 1 more game to proove they want to be here and play for the shirt and manage the team.

MacEwan likes this.