1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Liam Fraser

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the Old Brigade
    It's been a a bit after that comment. My emotions probably got the better of me there. The league is not over but I feel like it will be a tough challenge now. I don't have faith of us winning the league based on our performances at the moment. We can scrap by teams but it was obvious that was going to catch up to us and it did. If we don't improve it's gonna keep happening. I agree with you I probably overreacted. Sorry about that.

2. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Were the better team out the 4, and if we play well we’ve a good chance of winning it but just because we’ve won the last 3 certainly Doesn’t mean we have to win it

because we’ve won last 11 domestic trophies and going for a quadruple treble people starting to believe if we don’t win it now it’s failure rather than appreciating what a great achievement it is

Scottish football always had the big 2 and more or less the the same other teams, if its that easy then how come the Lisbon lions didn’t ever win a double treble never mind a treble treble during last 9 in a row, cause it’s no easy upping your game on every occasion in one off cup games

marty89 likes this.
  3. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    He looks a beaten man

ede and Rydo1888* like this.
  4. Jeremie Frimpong

I meant during the banter years, mate.

Breathnach67 likes this.
  5. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    We won the final due to fraser forster, nothing more. They completely dominated that game.

We can't keep that record of 10 in 12 when we sign a clueless manger.

6. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Its not the fact we are 6 points behind the huns with a game in hand and that we drew 3-3 at Pittodrie, its the manner of our performances that is worrying. There are some deficiencies in the team particularly in defence that are very alarming, we wont win the league with a dodgy defence. It looks very much like the tried and tested partnership of Julien and Ajer is our strongest centre half partnership in a back four. Duffy does not make the starting 11, in fact I would put Bitton who has been very composed and reliable at CB recently ahead of Duffy. I would also start El Hamed instead of Frimpong in tough away games, he is better defensively, stronger and more experienced than Frimpong.

7. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    The only thing is now mate, garden is aw rosy in huns garden and between Griffiths turning unfit, to bolingoli, to no strikers, Covid, Lennon, Starting picks , formation s , huns performance, Eddy s performance etc etc, the list is fukin endless if we do hopefully get back on track sooner rather than later it would be the sweetest title ever, big if thou certainly not impossible

Sydneysider likes this.
  8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

9. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Tbh mate love the wee guy and Wee 18 year old, with a cracking personality and enthusiasm for the game his pace head down running at defenders And beating them was a breath of fresh air at first and great to watch, but his final pass and his defending and reading of a game is pretty shocking at times, wee guy will definitely get better as he matures but had guys saying after a few matches he was the new jinky Johnstone and could end up at a top 4 epl team, he might eventually and is definitely a raw talent but think personally people were getting a wee bit carried away with themselves

Sonic Reducer likes this.
  10. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    The place we were in regarding the financial disparity between us and the huns, and the fact if we built from a position of strength to consistently qualify for the champions league we would get a 40mill windfall every year was the best position we could ever wish to be in this league. It's criminal the position we are in now, allowing them to close the massive gap we once held and arguably over take us in just 5 years. Neither Celtic nor Rangers have had an opportunity like that, even the huns in the 90s didn't when we were on our knees, and the only people to blame are ourselves.

And no offence, it's folk like yourself who look at past glories and excuse current problems and obvious downgrading that is part of the problem.

11. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    If he was totally clueless mate, could’ve fked up 8 in a row, fked up winning the Scottish Cup, fked up 9 in a row after the Huns beat us on 29 December and if they won game in hand would have went above us to going on a run with a change of formation that 12 games later took us 13 points clear.

guy definitely has his fault s as a manager no doubt it but he’s not clueless

StPauli1916 likes this.
  12. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Hyperbole.

Facts. Went 1 behind.
    Facts. Came back. 1-1
    Facts. Scored 1-2. Heads could have dropped then, was showing alot better play at that point.
    Facts. Never gave up 2-2
    Facts. Scored another. 2-3. That's a team that doesnt give up!
    Facts. Pish defence, caused by panic, caused by fans pressure that's more mentally taxing with fans not being there.

I'd say we showed enough today to give lennon more time.

Slaw likes this.
  13. cammy07

Doesn't get any easier for him, a really tough away game in Europe where I fully expect us to lose, then a huge game again at the weekend in the semi against Aberdeen who have to fancy themselves on today's evodence. We could also kick off in that game 9 points behind (albeit with 2 games in hand) which will ramp the pressure up even further.

14. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    One saving grace could be if end up with THREE games in hand come end december the fact is they are all home games we really dont have the scope to drop 1 more point

15. Solidsnake

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Only way to stop this now is a new manager, Next 3 games are not league games. If we're going to do it NOW has to be the time.

How has it come to this:31:

DonnyCelt likes this.
  16. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    To be fair, Rangers absolutely capitulated after the winter break. While he deserves praise for the way we responded, we had a good number of favourable ties after New Year that certainly helped. The reality is, in the lead up to the game at New Year, we hadn't been playing badly. In fact, we had been playing well, so had the huns. It was always going to be a close game but we were dominated. That's where we have a huge difference right now. We don't look as though we are even close to getting a good run together. We have played 270 minutes of football this week and in reality, 235 minutes of that has been a disgrace. That performance last Saturday, honestly I can't forget it. You could maybe say we played decent in the 2nd half against Milan but lets be real here, they were 2-0 up, strolling and pretty much took their foot off the gas. Had they wanted to, they could have easily stepped up another gear without even trying.

I'm worried. I feel as if, yes it's early and there are still a large number of points still to play for. However, we don't look as if we are going to even snap out of this way of playing. We play on Thursday, away in France and to be honest, I fear a doing. You then realise you've played 4 games in 11/12 days and you haven't won a game. That's where it starts to get at the players, no more mistakes, take your chances. The huns have started the season very very well, no one can say differently. That's the thing about winning games, you build up a run and confidence starts too ooze from the team. You're winning games before you even get on the pitch. It's the mindset that sinks in. If you are asking me, do I think we can take this title with Lennon at the helm? No, I don't think we can.

17. Sin

Oh * off!
    He's had more time than any manager should have had.
    The team has looked pish all season!
    He changes nothing, he keeps hoping someone will hit a 30 yard goal to bail him out.

There is only one question that needs answered..

If we sack him, which we should, what other team will give him the job?

Think about that, he is the Celtic manager and I think once we punt him no other club will go near him, he is done and he knows it!

18. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    I think it’s the exact opposite, mibee it’s just due to me living through the 90s going to every match throughout that period coming home actually thinking “ will I ever see Celtic winning another title again in my lifetime “,

celebratin winning the Scottish Cup in 1995 our first trophy in 6 years totally ecstatic, celebrating in 1998 our first title in10 year s Like there was no tomorrow
    So aye I have totally savoured every title like it was our last and every treble and aw this “ they weren’t in the league for 4 of them and it was a poor rangers for 3 years “, that’s their problem they didn’t pay their tax an were *, didn’t take any gloss off it for me

We came 2nd twice in their 9 in a row and didn’t offer a challenge apart from 1 season, their finances N budget were allegedly far Bigger than ours but it didn’t stop they * s lording it with their simply the best watp pish

team s like Real Madrid, Man City, Manchester United and Barcelona got 4 of the biggest budget s in world football but are all going through a crisis, every team does

19. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Yes, there will be a time and a place for Frimpong but for now in the bigger games were we will be under pressure in defence El Hamed is by far the better option.

20. jambo_cfc

Anyone Think if he was getting sacked after today it would have done by now ?