1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I dunno, I still feel barkas is being badly judged.
    He's settling in still, but literally I can't fault him fully for any goal conceded, not like we could with Gordon for quite a few of his.

The lads getting compared to Forster as well, which just isn't fair at all on him.

But after today, watching the calamity that is Lennon persisting with Duffy and his inability to organise a backline, I think barkas really needs to be given a bit more slack here.
    It's clear as * he's not helped by what's in front of him, and that's on Lennon for persisting with these * up selections

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

2. Sgt Neppers*

I hope to * a shortlist is being drawn up to succeed Lennon. Next few weeks are gonna be tough in regards to fixtures. Need someone and his team ready to come in should the next few weeks go * up.

Rydo1888* likes this.
  3. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    Everyone saying we have 80 odd points to play for, no guarantee League season will finish in may, could be January or sooner.

4. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    I've not been comfortable watching us play the Huns since Lenny took over....and that includes our 2-0 win away ... remember a few slating me for that on here too.

For me this has been coming for a long time...
    Today I was sitting watching us going 3-2 ahead and barely cared that much tbh... we've been * over by Lawwell.

You can't really blame Lenny for taking the job , but he was never the solution long term.

He has too much baggage and it's showing right now.

Connolly08 and Breathnach67 like this.
  5. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    A lot on that tweet calling for Strachan...

6. Cerand Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott McDonald
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Way

7. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

I think he would make us more solid but there is better managers out there imo. Would like to see someone different.

Plus Gordon isn’t going to come in and get rid of his son is he :giggle1:

Breathnach67 likes this.
  8. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I genuinely thought Rodgers was still here for the 2-1 in march 2019. I was meaning the 2-0 at ibrox.

9. DonnyCelt

Who would actually be a realistic choice to replace him?

Sydneysider likes this.
  10. James Gold Member Gold Member

Strachan for me is 100% a better option than Lennon but he would be miles down my list

Breathnach67 and packybhoy like this.
  11. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    It has to be someone that knows the club and can come in feet on the ground and see this season out.

It had to be someone that knows what's at stake.

Football doesn't have to be pretty just functional, do basics and win games!

Someone who can command respect.

Only person I can think of is Strachan.

Breathnach67 likes this.
  12. CountyDownFaithful

6 points behind the Huns. 3 points IF we win our game in hand.

75% of the season to go. 3 huge derby games to play.

I’m not saying we shouldn’t be worried and that Lennon needs more time.

My point is we could actually bring someone else in and put them in a position that’s more than recoverable.

Time is of the essence. We have the best squad in Scotland, it’s time we put in a manager who can get the best out of them.

13. jambo_cfc

Howe , blanc someone like that , even bring in martin oneill till end of the season

14. oh bhoy

what the * are we waiting for! team cant defend ,cant score goals .none of the games we have lost or drawn have we been overawed by the opposition.we are paying the price for ridiculous tactical decisions from 1 man

15. Jeffrey

See if he just came out n said aye we have been pure * for months and it’s not on...

I’d feel a whole lot * better. He’s either severely out of touch or lying through his teeth.

Valhalla, Rydo1888*, James and 4 others like this.
  16. Jeremie Frimpong

It's like the Huns calling for Walter Smith in their hour of need.

Valhalla and Breathnach67 like this.
  17. Heb Celt

Big excuses blaming Collum,he didn’t have a great game but there’s been far worse ref displays this season alone.Think he knows his job on a shoogly peg.Why was he doing his usual hands in pocket sitting on bench for most of the game whilst Macinnes was never off touchline shouting instructions to his team.I know he knows he had to calm things down during games but * * he didn’t have to go full back seat.

18. KEANO1

He is infuriating to watch, sitting on the bench in a huff. Get up and ‘manage’ the team Neil. Make a difference.

I don’t see any of the team giving each other a bollocking either, every single player is accepting the poorest standards from each other.

When there is rumours of the manager having massive fall outs with players and arriving to training smelling of drink, there is got to be action from the men in charge. Somethings got to give if our fortunes are to change.

19. Popes 11 Guest

My opinion after his disaster last weekend was he's out of his depth, lost the trust of his dressing room just like at Hibs now we have the Peter Lawwell no interview for a manager the cheap option * us over for 10 in a row. This should be historic anything goes just fkn get us it at no cost.?

20. celtic warrior

Lennon used to be filled with such fire, sometimes sure it would explode and we'd criticise him for it.

But looking back, that version of Lennon is clearly miles better than this one. Currently he just looks tired and dead behind the eyes. He's completely placid compared to his usual self and that is a problem because it seems clear to me, that fire, that raw emotion is what made him what he was and now he's lost it.

Rydo1888* and The Prof like this.