1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

He's no gonna learn and drop those that need dropped or instill some confidence and urgency, so there's zero doubt in my mind they'll rack up a lead here.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  2. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    The only good thing is for the wee man is he can’t be the first name a lot of Celtic fans jump on and blame for last few weeks

though probably a few Forrest haters that will still say it’s his fault for being injured

bhoy_wonder likes this.
  3. James Gold Member Gold Member

At this point I don't even think you can blame the players we all slated brown and Ntcham mainly both have been dropped and rotated and it's still been gash the players just aren't being coached properly. I would love to see what they actually work on in training

4. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    This.

5. JamesM09

It’s not about formation or team selection anymore. He’s tried everything now.

I wouldn’t even say it’s a problem of player desire. The players wanted to win today.

The problem is coaching. Just watch any player when the play transitions from attack to defence.

Watch what happens when a player offloads the ball. They don’t know where to go or where to be.

Ffs watch our pathetic attempts to press. Watch how one player presses while the rest stand around. It’s abysmal.

All we need is a pro manager and a pro coach to come in and organise this team and we’ll romp to the 10. John Kennedy and the Peterborough assistant coach are well below the standard we need.

FrankMcCallum likes this.
  6. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Roy Keane would be an utter disaster imo, other two are good suggestions

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

7. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    Listen I love Celtic as much as any other one of you * on here and obviously I want to see us do well.

I also love Lennon as a player and even his first stint as a manager. But christ something needs to change and sharpish. This season is too important to be living off past glories. Something needs to change and it needs to change now.

8. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    The CL exit set the wheels in motion, bizzare team selctions and even more bizzare post Match comments, it's all been a mess, there must've been some sort of fall out or break down between Lenny and the players.

thailandceltic likes this.
  9. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Deila is the past. Lennon is the now. We've won everything domestically. Europe is a tough ask but yeah, had some bad results.

Replacing Lennon now would almost certainly cost us the League. I trust he'll get it right.

This reminds me of the time when the fans chased Strachan away and landed Mowbray.

Mystic Penguin likes this.
  10. Brian Dunphy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Merry Plougboy
    They dont like him. The players dont like him. He just has to GTF

11. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    I really like Forrest but he can blow hot and cold. When he's up for it he's on fire but when he's bad he's bad.

I can't wait to have him back though for another option there to unlock a defence.

12. Sin

Lennon supporters clutching at straws here.

It's not the fact he only lost 1 in the league, he has lost in Europe, he has drawn games we should be winning and he's been bailed out by some 30 yard goals from nothing to win the odd game!

We have been * awful all season and it's not getting any better, if anything it's getting worse!

JamesM09 likes this.
  13. Sgt Neppers*

The season is our to lose. There is plenty of time and games left to do it. The talent is there, the depth is there. However the management of all this is awful. And that is where we will lose it. Lennon can't change it now. He doesn't have the ability or knowledge to do it. He no longer possesses the hunger either. He had his time in the sun as a manager 10 years ago. He has been an incredible servant to the club and will be remembered and revered for it in the years ahead.

But his time has past. He is behind the modern day game and player mentality. He has been backed handsomely and is blowing it. There can be no room for sentiment or past glories. A good coach is equally as important as a good player and for months now this has been shown to be true for us.

There are plenty of hungry, progressive astute coaches who won't cost us a fortune to get and get us on the path required. But now is the time to act. Now is the time for change, to keep pace with modern football and get our season on track.

Good bye Neil.

Pete, DD, it's up to you now how this pans out. Act swiftly and salvage this or watch it implode before ur eyes in your own hands.

_DannyBhoy_, JamesM09 and Gioventu like this.
  14. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Just replacing Duffy won’t instantly make us better. We have been * all season.

15. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Only consolation there is we didn’t get to champions league group stages imagine going to juventus, PSG or Madrid on Tuesday or Wednesday on the back of our recent form and our defence, could seriously have been looking at record champions league scores of 7 or 8-0, Lille away is bad enough

16. TheHappyLoss

The body language throughout the game was hardly inspirational. Guys a legend and always will be but think it’s time to go

17. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

18. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Are you being serious?? It's been a long time since I've watched such a poor footballer trying to play for Celtic. I used to have a go at Boyata but at least he could run!

19. James Gold Member Gold Member

Also everyone who says 'but we weren't expected to get a result against Milan' that in itself should reflect badly on the manager as to how standards have slipped. We've gone in to games against better teams expecting something

20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member