1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Smithy

Don't believe every whatsapp message you see.

2. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Afternoon Johnno..

3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

4. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I'm all for not giving the media any ammo and talking up performances in front of the cameras, as long as he's telling people some home truths behind the scenes; he certainly wouldn't be the first manager to do that.

But when he's picking the same team at the weekend after being being beaten by Ferencvaros, when he's starting the same defence and midfield against Milan after wilting in shambolic fashion to the huns, then I have doubts that the 2nd part is happening.

He is insulting supporters intelligence by trying to suggest people are over-reacting to "one bad performance" though. Most of our performances this season have been poor, even in those that we've hung in to get a late goal to get a good result.

Ignoring that fact is poor management and instead of trying to persuade supporters that black is white, he should be acknowledging that we've been under-par and accepting his own part in that outcome. More important than that though supporters want to see some acrion,.not hear talk of former glories.

5. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Aye this isn't a one off..

The performances haven't changed and he's picking the same guy's he's publicly went at..

No reactions..

Begs the question if he does believe we've been excellent in some of these garbage game's..

Seán Mac D and Hammy89 like this.
  6. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

Who gives a * about what we’ve won? Football (and sport in general) is about the next game, the next challenge, and our next one fills me with dread.

7. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Yeah that line has * me off.

If we lose the league this season the past 9 seasons or so will feel like a distant memory. It's that big and it will hurt that bad.

Are we supposed to just sit and admire past achievements whilst it's clear we have stagnated on the field? What relevance does what weve done in the past have when we have been playing pish for 4 months?

Someone said it above but hes insulting the fans with some of the pish hes speaking. It's not even a case of us picking holes in everything he is doing right now because things arent going right. He literally keeps making an * of it so you cant help but do so.

8. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    You also need to consider..you could change the manager now and it could get a lot worse. It's a weird season with Covid. Win on Sunday, we're a point behind the blue twats. Last year, it was neck and neck, right up to the Christmas break, (and we'd lost the 1st old firm) and then we went on and battered the blue morons. Last year, Lennon showed he could change it, so I'm still with the big man for now. For me, there's still a long way to go.

johnfife1959 likes this.
  9. muaythai postie

Fav Celtic Player:
    lubo
    We won the 1st Glasgow derby 2 nil at their * house.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  10. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Guys at it.

Either he is treating the fans with discontent and as if we are annoying scum that he thinks knows * all, or he truly is deluded as *. Not sure which one is better in this current situation.

It isn't just one result and one performance, the * dropped Brown for St Johnstone then came out claiming all the plaudits and big licks for Brown coming on as a sub, telling us all how he wont change the team too much now, because in essence his point was proven about Brown.
    Guy knew * then that the performances were *.

CL game, * performance, * result. Didn't bounce back from that one at all did we, unlike his claim about last season against Livingston. Not to mention after the hun game there was no bounce back last night. 13 mins in the first half and 15 in the second half is not bouncing back. We got * 3-1 by a Milan side that barely got going.

The Prof likes this.
  11. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I made a woman * one time....doesnt mean I can still do it today or that I can wheel that out when a lass complains that I am * in bed.

11 trophies means * all, it's yesterday news that we, the fans, get to celebrate and the players get to use as medal success and pride.
    It does NOT automatically excuse anyone from current failings, or wash away * after *.

I keep saying it, but get Lennon to * already.

Guys a legend with this club and its turning sour. He will always be a legend, spoken up there with the Lions, but the time is up and he is going to end this with his name being tarnished by it all.

12. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I altered your analogy to make it actually fit the situation with Lenny.

13. StevieBhoooy!

One point behind for about 2 hours...

Sevco will pump Livingston at ibrokes...

14. Keano88

Formation and team selection is a no brainer for Sunday, surely..

He simply has to switch to a back four and play Rogic and Christie in the same lineup after what we seen during their time on the park last night.

Duffy will likely look better in a back four as well, hopefully..

We’ve really struggled this season to break teams down and create clear cut chances from open play. Rogic and Christie linking up could be the spark we’ve been missing.

15. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    Woops..In that case, I blame the Guinness and the lack of Facebook Fact checkers! 'Guinness: Who Needs Memories'

muaythai postie likes this.
  16. wulliebad

So now lenny comes into work drunk and eddy hates drinkers....holy * this place.:56:

Random Review likes this.
  17. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    I know I got a message about that, WhatsApp funnily. Enough.

Total bullshit.

Ffs, turning up drunk, lol, if that was the case the board should be lined up and shot. No chance is this happening.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  18. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    This is the exact same Neil Lennon who said only last week that we couldn’t live in the past, but now we’ve not to criticise because the players have won things before :43: It’s no wonder a lot of fans (and arguably even his players) have stopped listening to him.

charlietully likes this.
  19. paulo123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Just smash aberdeen and get crackin fs.

NakamuraTastic and Hammy89 like this.
  20. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Lenny manages Celtic in real life like I manage them in Football Manager. Just go on a forum and download Jurgen Klopp's formation and tactics for Dortmund 8 years ago, pick the players with the highest stats and sit with your arms folded while skipping through every game.

Then at the end of each match either tell the players they done well, or tell them they need to do better and watch them all turn against you for some reason you can't understand.