1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Nir Bitton

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by ILoveTheCeltic, Aug 28, 2013.

Discuss Nir Bitton in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Tiny differences in capacity make massive differences for elite athletes TBF. We don't need to debate how serious Covid is or isn't or ridicule each other to know that any serious viral illness (including Covid and the flu) can impact on an athlete's performance for weeks or occasionally even months afterwards.

Hope the big man is better soon.

2. stew37

Don't think there's any rules on joking about this Covid carry on mate, yet.

People die every day. It's not untrue to say that the official numbers are still fairly low, should you decide to believe them.

Plenty of doctors/health experts that aren't government spokespeople don't hold the same opinion about this being as deadly a virus as is being made out.

I won't continue hijacking the thread but don't think the idea that government might exaggerate or lie for their own advances is that ridiculous.

3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Aye it’s all a big joke this virus killing millions of people.

Aye it’s funny too when some our players get and he’s having a laugh about that.

NomDePlum likes this.
  4. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    My point was that you were ridiculing a Celtic player that was unwell from of a virus that has killed thousands of people. Not an opinion I can show any respect for given you are obviously pushing an agenda.

That you believe in conspiracy theories that would be laughable if they weren't dangerous and post stats that make a mockery of your "hoax" argument is a bit bewildering.

McGrory1888 and King of Kings like this.
  5. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Terrible way to derail a thread, but I would point out that the stats you posted absolutely do not in any way, shape or form back up the idea of this pandemic being a hoax.

March this year was the deadliest March for 15 years.

April this year was the deadliest single month on record across the entire data set you provided.

May was the deadliest May on record....you get my point.

All of this took place amongst a backdrop of restrictions that none of us have ever seen before. Those statistics lend themselves to the very opposite of the point you’re trying to make.

For Bitton, as @Random Review pointed out, it’s not necessarily the case that the virus presents a high threat to his life, but that doesn’t mean it’s not serious. He’s a high level sportsman and even marginal differences in things like his reaction time, concentration time, speed and strength can make a massive difference as a player. It might be fine if he was an office worker and could get by, but there’s almost no chance of him playing with any lingering effects of the virus, which can go on for a long time.

McGrory1888, eire4 and NomDePlum like this.
  6. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

What will be the script with him and Elhamed? There isolation should be up in a couple of days.

7. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I actually think Elhamed's isolation was up today as he definitely had COVID and here (anyway) it would be 10 days from first symptoms. However that is just my guess so may not even be in the country at present never mind ready to play.

Luis1967 likes this.
  8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Nir Bitton is the same and obviously (Hatem) Elhamed's still not back from Israel and his isolation yet.

Nir's back so he's going through his cardiac screening, checking out his heart rate.

"Hatem will be back Monday, his isolation period will be over, so he'll be another week or so after that I'd imagine."

Rydo1888*, Luis1967 and NomDePlum like this.
  9. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I want to clarify that I wasn't having a go at Metrobhoy. I don't agree with him (my own views being somewhere in between yours and his), but I don't think he deserves the abuse he has received in the last few pages. My point was only that we don't actually need to have this debate in the case of Bitton for the reasons you state.

This doesn't mean I endorse any particular view on Covid. Long-term effects from viral infections are not unique to Covid and no doubt an interesting debate could be had on this in the appropriate thread in HP&R.

Let's all calm down a bit and treat each other with the respect we deserve.

10. 7-1

If you don’t laugh you cry mate this virus is a dose of *. It’s killing businesses, people’s livelihood, people are depressed so far more suicide deaths etc... Anyone who is high risk needs to just self isolate that’s how it should be.

therefore we should be allowed to have fans back in the stadium, we probably would of won that game last night if fans were in

11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

12. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Big mans been missed.

Him, Julien, Ajer need to be the 3 going forward - or rather 2 of a pairing going forward.

King of Kings likes this.
  13. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Above everything else it's good to see him being fit enough to back in training.

Rydo1888* and Peej like this.
  14. charlietully

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Yep, great to see him training. A calm presence at the back.

Dan Breen likes this.
  15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

16. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Going to be relied on now with Ajer toiling as well. Have no concerns the way he’s played there, mr reliable thus far.

17. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Great to have him back

18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

19. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    If it wasn’t for Ajer’s injury I reckon he would have started ahead of Duffy on the weekend

20. charlietully

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Definitely. Unless Elhamed is ready think Duffy and Bitton will start Sunday.

Metrobhoy and Liam Scales like this.