1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. andybhoy94 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    His times up, don't even think he wants to be there just to stubborn to quit looks bereft of any sort of confidence and its reflected in how dire we are.

Rendog likes this.
  2. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    What's this laptop * now??

:s:

3. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

Would bring him back in a heartbeat:55:

4. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Looked like Strachan was showing him some stuff on it and he's sitting shouting in play..

Embarrassing as *..

5. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I will always love the wee man for what he has given our club but his decisions at this point are baffling.

No strikers against Ferencvaros in a one-off UCL qualifier, 1 against Kilmarnock on a pokey pitch but 2 against Serie A leaders AC Milan.

He needs to do the right thing at this point, admit he doesn't have the solution and make way for someone with fresh ideas to come in. If he goes then Kennedy and Strachan should go with him, not foisted upon the next man.

6. Ipswichbhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    Got to go

Rendog likes this.
  7. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Out of his depth.

Doesn’t start Ajeti or Griffiths at the weekend but suddenly they’re fit to start together tonight.

* clueless.

freitassen and Peej like this.
  8. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    He could be a goal away from being on a shaky nail tonight.

9. JamesM09

There’s no way they’ll remove him. The only way he’ll go is if he admits he has no idea what he’s doing and walks himself.

But before that he’ll need to drop more points because with each bad result it will be ‘discarded’ for the league. No matter how bad this result gets it will be ‘still only one point behind in the league’.

By the time Lennon leaves it will be too late.

Peej likes this.
  10. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Aye seen it, thats what I mean, what the actual *

It's no the NFL

McChiellini.. likes this.
  11. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    It's been a * of embarrassing decision after embarrassing decision all season..

No one has a clue what he's doing with any of his lineups..

Just goes against half the pish he comes out with the game before..

I didn't expect anything tonight whatsoever and I'm usually positive as * about us before game's but that just sums up how I feel about us just now. It's the manner again with Milan with slippers on..

He's gone for me. Long gone after this..

Rendog and Seán Mac D like this.
  12. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Wasn't even a discussion. Was just him shouting at Strachan or whatever they were looking at on the screen..

So amateurish it's untrue..

Marty McFly likes this.
  13. Brian Dunphy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Merry Plougboy
    Cannot believe he went 3 at the back again the night after Saturday's * show. I think hes lost his mind his decision making is just mental just now

14. muaythai postie

Fav Celtic Player:
    lubo
    We can't go on like this. The decisions he makes are a game too late, Griffith's and ajeti should have played against the Huns and then tonight it should have been a 451 to not play so open against a pretty decent side.

Rendog likes this.
  15. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    That midfield keeps looking for our cbs to be creative.

16. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    He can go, for me.

Rendog likes this.
  17. dmccourt95

A good coach can solve a lot of our current problems, he isn’t a good coach

Rendog likes this.
  18. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Think. If we bought Barisic and Tavernier they'd turn into * crosses.

19. Gioventu UTLR Gold Member

Looking at the bigger picture the blame lies higher up the ladder. Lennon was asked to step in and steady the ship when Rodgers left - he did that and the board should have thanked him after the final and set out to appoint someone of Rodgers calibre before the 9 & 10 seasons. The board instead went for the cheap option. You reap what you sow and a 2nd rate manager gets you a 2nd rate team. Hate to say it but I don’t see any positives out of this season as long as lennons in charge.

20. Cupid Stunt

A blind man could see that these players have downed tools and don't want to play for the guy anymore.

We've got incredibly talented players in this squad, some of whom were used to the level of detail and planning of Rodgers and some who would have been used to similar playing at a decent level elsewhere. These players are now getting an old school manager who thinks shouting and swearing at people is enough to win games. Players just don't respond to that * anymore.

I mean, it's been a good while now where I've been watching us and sitting thinking, these players do not know what their jobs are or where they are supposed to be. You've got defenders well out of position, forwards following each other about rather than stretching the oppositions defence, it's so *. I can't remember the last time a team had to play well to score against us or beat us, yet he sits watching this * every week and thinks, yeah go with that again next week.

I don't believe there can be any real level of coaching or planning happening behind the scenes. I've watched a good few training videos as well recently that seem very quiet and lacking any kind of real laughter or enjoyment.

The Huns man for man are levels behind us, but they know what their jobs are and they are organised. That's how easy it is to beat us. Get yourself organised, put your slippers on and wait for us to hand you a goal or two.

The biggest red flag was the minute Lennon walked back through the doors and openly admitted he couldn't believe the set up and how far we had moved on. He was never going to be able to sustain it, let alone improve on it.

He should have left after those first few months where he rescued our season. He came in, did a job and could have left a legend, this was always going to end up toxic because of what is riding on this season and he and the coaching staff are not and have not been delivering all season. He's going to leave under a cloud for a second time.

I remember thinking when he stayed on, the small silver lining might be that we are more solid in Europe. He's had two of the easiest qualifying routes for the CL we've ever had a failed both times. We even made hard work of qualifying for the Europa.

Lennon himself has sat on the side lines all season looking beat as well, he has the look of a man who knows his time is up, if he doesn't walk, he cares more about himself than Celtic.