1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Guys... Keep it civil, no personal insults

Whoflungdung likes this.
  2. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Sorry Marie, deleting some of the posts atm as there is no need for it.

Marie and Mystic Penguin like this.
  3. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I've deleted some, starting work though so any help from anyone that wants their own post deleted, feel free to do so.

Noskeil likes this.
  4. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Nah..

We've all got our opinions on Lenny in or out but wanting us as a team/club to take the hit before it happens....meaning we'll be in a worse state?

* that..

I'd sack him but whilst he's here, I hope we win every game and he turns it around, getting us going again..

Jacob knows and Peej like this.
  5. BelfastBhoy74

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields
    SADLY - I think I am in the "blind faith brigade"
    Some of the argument against: we are playing poorly the manager is not doing his job properly and we have spent the most so should be the best....(simplifying the arguments, not looking to belittle the comments)

Well yes we have spent the most, but money is not always a guarantee - seen one of those Forbes rich-list for 2019
    Real Madrid, the most expensive team in Spain - Barcelona won the league 18-19
    ManUnited the most expensive team in England - City won the league 18-19
    Bayern the most expensive team in Germany - Dortmund won the league 18-19

The team are not playing well and Lennon is looking flat, maybe even desperate to get something different....

This is more or less (keeper aside) the same team as last year
    The same team that romped the end of the unfinished season
    - in the 10 games after December loss to Rangers - undefeated, scored 34 conceded 6

Why can't we get some players back fit, some from injury some from Covid, why cant we rediscover our form, why cant we have a slow start to a season and then kick on............WHY is that "Blind Faith" - has it not happened before, have we never came from behind in a league campaign, have we never had a team not firing on all cylinders, then kick on.....

Then again I will just get back on my knees and grab the prayer book...... :)

Peej likes this.
  6. stew37

I'd love it if he turned it around, and won every game til the end of the season, I can't think of anyone I'd prefer to see lifting the ten. I just honestly think there's less chance of it happening at all if things continue this way with him in charge.

I also honestly wouldn't be the kind of * that comes on and says I told you so should we not win the league. I wouldn't be talking to anyone for a while and would probably not be on here tbh.

johnfife1959, Noskeil and Peej like this.
  7. davidhannah

Its all swings and roundabouts. Rodgers got it in the neck, Strachan was hated by the supporters for no good reason to be replaced by Tony Mowbray. It was down to Lennon to turn it around. Not once, but twice. Currently were are in all competitions. Out the Champions League by fine margins yes - He did play Christie up front that day, we did have 28 shots on goal, Klymala was injured, Ajeti did come off the bench for a debut, not match fit being at the end of the english extended season. He looks a good signing. We have the players. Ajeti, Duffy. I want to go back to the Ferenvaros game. Ajer was out of position for the 1st goal. The 2nd goal their player took scored, was an excellent finish at full pace with El Hamed. We could still very easily be in the Champions League.

We've lost to Rangers, the league is never won in October. against Rangers. Undeniably the factor has to be the 5 out with covid and inuries. Gregg Taylor I believe was rightfully dropped. He hasn't been able to put a single cross in all season, of course try the guy from AC Milan. We lost it did not work. Lennon selected Klymala - justified - he's been coming off the bench to score. He's not performed, he was ineffective. The players should share the responsibility of a derby defeat. Lee Griffiths deserves the chance now, and put Elyanoussi out wide. If Ajeti is fit two up top. The players, the manager, the coaching staff, they've been slated. Judge Lennon on his selection tonight. There's no pressure on us. It's a european tie to be enjoyed. They'll be kicking themselves. They won't let it happen again. Honestly we'll be back on top in a matter of weeks, that result will be nothing but a catalyst for us. It'll be the best thing that can happen. Lennon is the man to gee everyone up there is no one better.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
  8. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Regardless of your thoughts on Neil Lennon, you're having a go at me for having confidence in Neil Lennon? Its my belief Neil Lennon will deliver 10 in a row. What the * is your problem with a fellow Celtic fan having that opinion. Wow you really are a special kind of *.

9. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

It’s got nothing to do with your opinion.

10. JamesM09

Got massive respect for anyone that has faith in the current coaching team tbh.

We look so disorganised it’s unreal. Particularly our ‘press’ is embarrassing for a top club.

To be honest I think Lennon leans a lot on his coaches and unfortunately we brought in a Peterborough coach because of who his da is.

crazy-horse1977 likes this.
  11. Lion1961 Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fenian Record Player
    Cut it out or have a holiday. That warning applies to everyone

12. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Neil Lennon. Neil Lennon. Neil Lennon.

13. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Heard if you say that into your mirror he appears asking for snus.

Valhalla, Cena and Officer Doofy like this.
  14. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Dont know how anyone can have confidence in him at this moment in time.

If the camera flashes to him in the dugout on his * one more time chatting to that clueless Strachan next time I'll be down to curries first thing in the morning.

* clueless.

15. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Just looks clueless, performances are woeful.

I guess we probably need to bite the bullet and get rid of him, as he's lost it totally.

Getting schooled by Gérard, we ain't careful it'll be a record points difference in one of our most important seasons when you think we'd be well. Up for it.

16. Colin Robinson Gold Member Gold Member

Damien Duff CSC

17. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Poor man's Ronny Deila

18. DonnyCelt

See ya Lennon. P45 and take * Strachan with you

19. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    Forster and Edouard saved his bacon last season Not now. i said it when he came back, he's failed miserably to adapt to the modern game he was the worst possible choice, although many Lenny-ites here said otherwise like he was the messiah. The way it looks, I think the players will be throwing him under the bus on the weekend by chucking the game. Convincing win in Aberdeen or it's game over.

20. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Playing 3 at the back again with Welsh was asking for trouble..

He doesn't have it. Doesn’t have a thing in his locker..

We don't press. We can't defend. We don't build the play with intent. We look slow. We look weak. We look pathetic in all honesty..

Seriously like a side that's tired. A tired side looking for a spark when there's nothing from above..

That was no reaction. 5 minute's at the beginning then reverting to type..

He's done. There's zero doubt in my mind that he'll be gone in a matter of week's watching this * * again..

Sitting shouting to that jakey looking * on the bench when they're looking at the laptop. How tinpot are these joker's.....