1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Is NL the Man for 10IAR?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by martin_d, Oct 17, 2020.

Discuss Is NL the Man for 10IAR? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    Aye well I’m assuming you’re our side of the water mate? Might be a push to expect a match from her given geographical factors if nothing else lol

scott87 likes this.
  2. Markybhoy

Could not agree more. A bad decision amateurishly executed.

SuperZidane likes this.
  3. Markybhoy

No they wouldn't. Especially not this season.

Sydneysider likes this.
  4. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    It’s the exact reason that Lenny’s favourites were first out the door under Rodgers and the biggest trouble makers under Ronny - Mulgrew, Commons and Stokes.

Lennon’s lassiez faire style of management worked to an extent with that group of players back then. I’m afraid that style doesn’t work with the young talent we have today.

5. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Nobody on here would put being “proved right” above us winning the league. That patter is laughable.

Every single Celtic fan is desperate for us to win the league every season, and this one in particular. That’s why so many of us are * off at the moment - because right now that’s in serious danger due to the continued incompetence of the management team.

6. World Champion

At the railroad bar, about seven o'clock.
    If we get more bad results in the near future get him out.

martin_d likes this.
  7. celtic warrior

Feel like it will be in spite of him rather than because of him.

The thing is I feel so conflicted lately because he is a hero to me, everything he's ever achieved and have to witness, just so he can wear our crest is nothing short of * miraculous.

But, there is a time and place for everything and everyone, he's isn't at Celtic.

8. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Surprised at how the poll is going. Didn't excpect as high a percentage wanting him to go now. I voted to give him more time. Although I thought he was the wrong man, and still do, it would be too much of a knee * decision. He needs to start realising our play is just too slow and get back to the way we know we can play. I know there are a variety of factors why this isn't happening, and some of those outwith his control. Like the players missing, disruption caused by Boli etc but stop playing Brown,N'tcham and McGregor together. We need someone in that are with much more dynamism. Would love to see Soro, McGregor and Turnbull given a run and a chance to flourish.

Marty McFly and jafa like this.
  9. wulliebad

PLaying as we are i expect us to get slapped a few times in our group games,but stranger things have happened so who knows.But in the league/cup, i expect Some fight,less * about at the back with the ball,two strikers up front,stop using players as makeshift replacements.
    If we are the same in 5 games time then its time to find someone to take lenny's place,and it better not be someone from the backroom staff.

martin_d likes this.
  10. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

Utter Bollocks.

11. CountyDownFaithful

One thing you would never normally question about a Neil Lennon side is passion.

I can't believe we are in the midst of a historic season and the passion from the dugout and the pitch is non-existent.

For me that speaks volumes!

Sgt Neppers*, seanm and SuperZidane like this.
  12. SuperZidane

Exactly right. I did not want Lennon back and feel that he got the job full-time purely because he was the cheap option. I believe that we have gone backwards since he has been in charge and I don't think that he can turn it round.

However, I would be only too delighted to come on here and admit to being proved totally wrong if we got 10IAR under him.

Some of the invective directed towards Lennon on here is too strong in my opinion - my issues with him are purely on his managerial abilities - I've never resorted to personal insults nor would I.

I don't think anyone on here who has been critical of him ( and that's not unreasonable) would take any pleasure in "being proved right".

I just think everyone would be feeling incredibly low.

seanm likes this.
  13. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Give him to end of this month. Lose those matches and he should be sacked.
    Losing them would mean the first 2 Europa League GS matches lost plus assuming the huns win on Sunday not only would the huns be 7pts clear of us the sheep would be level on points with us and that also going into the SC semi final against the sheep.

seanm likes this.
  14. Sydneysider

No "management style" ( laissez-faire inc ) works with the clique of overpaid, overindulged, unintelligent * in our squad who ( with their shitebag agents) are only interested in their next big $$$ move and dont think they have to perform or even play unless they feel like it.

They dont GAF about Celtic or the fans -

Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
  15. Sydneysider

PS I think he will leave before Christmas and xxxx knows what or who would want the job !

16. MyNameIsMartin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and over
    The damage being inflicted thus far is going to be irreversible if there isn't a change at management level (NL + team need to leave).

Leaked team sheets, beat by a Rangers team with no shots on goal, "turmoil" in the dressing room? It almost sounds like the unsettling of players is covering up for trying to revive Rangers, almost. We have regressed so much that Rangers are now spitting distance from us.

NL needs to go. Should have already left with his crowd of "football management" experts.

Get him out asap. I absolutely love the guy this is unfair to pin such a high-pressure vacancy on a guy with possible mental health issues. But, if NL left, and we won the 10, he would be the first person I would bring back for the party. But he has to stand down. This isn't his fight.

seanm likes this.
  17. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    We've got a really good group of players, that's the frustrating thing, clearly Lenny isn't gettin the best out of them.

seanm likes this.
  18. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Yes he is - he started it so he’ll finish it.

Be a fascinating insight into the psychology of running a poll after a defeat to your main rivals, say for example, if we were to get a positive result on Thursday. The poll will shift entirely in the opposite direction. Unarguably.

19. James Gold Member Gold Member

In a season where every game is basically a cup final its frightening to see how poor we have been consistently especially with the squad we have. The rate at which we are regressing is unbelievable Rodgers should have set the benchmark but instead we resorted to jobs for the boys again and yet again it's back firing the full structure of the club needs to be looked at we've got Stephen Mcmanus and Darren O'Dea as youth coaches and just by listening to O'Dea on commentary it doesn't inspire me he is the man to bring through great youth players.

20. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

A positive result on Thursday changes nothing for a lot of people.

seanm likes this.