1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Celtic V AC Milan Thursday 22nd October 8PM BT Sport 3

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Oct 17, 2020.

Discuss Celtic V AC Milan Thursday 22nd October 8PM BT Sport 3 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Think Lennon already said Edouard won't be playing. So reading between the lines of that you would assume he is not fully recovered from the virus. The bad news for us is some people have lingering effects from the virus for months afterward and it very often effects the lungs. If this is the case with Edouard we are in big trouble. Lets hope not and he makes a full and quick recovery.

2. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Aw yeah just seen that. Well Griffiths and Ajeti should start. Or at least one of them. I really hope it’s not a repeat of Ferencvaros and he’s goes with the same team game after to try and prove a point.

3. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

Huge pumping incoming.

4. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    We will win this game , and it’s crazy how that would come with mixed feelings. We all seen this so many times. Play like * world beaters, just to change formation for the next game leaving us all pulling our hair off.

Can’t help but think that this is a typical paper over the cracks situation served on a plate as so many times before.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

5. KingArtur'1

Pumped without a doubt. Ibra will run riot if goldson can then....

6. StevieBhoooy!

Zlat is going to find those cracks.... rip them open... and heid the ball right through...

If they can’t summon up the grit to at least give the Huns a fight .... I can’t see them doing much against an on form AC Milan.

7. ddub11

Got a feeling a couple of our players may decide to make an effort seems were playing a european big name(in their eyes),never mind we were playing a team we despise the weekend.

8. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I think there is a good argument to be made that you go with most of the players from this weekend to give them a chance to redeem themselves. But I do think and agree either Griffiths or Ajeti must start assuming they are fit. If Christie is available as well I would put him back in 2.

9. alsybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc, larrson,lubo,jinky,
    Fav Celtic Song:
    let the people sing,ynwa,sean south,on the one road
    Milan top of the league playing well and look strong.we dont up our game as of now? Be a long night and season

10. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    I remember people saying Milan ain't want they used to be! What was that? You mean with Maldini, Gullit and Van Basten, lol.

The last game they were beaten was Genoa on 8th March.

Since they came back they have lost not one match, including friendlies. It was common knowledge for people with a bit of Italian in the know they were a very up and coming team.

As I said I'd personally use the game to get people fit and up at a high level opposition, but our main thoughts should be on Aberdeen, so no risking players that don't need risked.

johnboy19 likes this.
  11. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I assume we only definitely have Christie back for this given Lennon's remarks on Édouard. Any chance of Julien making it?

12. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    I just wonder what the players mindset will be going into this game, honestly think the performance is more important than the result, if that makes any sense.

johnboy19 and CountyDownFaithful like this.
  13. ddub11

The way im feeling at the moment id tell all those that played sat to take a run and jump and id play a reserve team.They should be made watch the reserves play instead of playing themselves.

Of course that wont happen but it annoys the * out of me when players put in an effort/no effort like that on sat and then get to play Thursday.

If i see Nsham is on the team sheet ill be * fuming,im still * off after sat and im struggling to get worked up for Thursday,if im being honest as things stand im more focused on Aberdeen.

14. CountyDownFaithful

I give up if he plays Moi upfront again in this one.

Metrobhoy likes this.
  15. oh bhoy

think i read somewhere lennon saying he wont be fit

NomDePlum likes this.
  16. paulmcq1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgeady, donati, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    Barkas
    Frimpong duffy ajer laxalt
    ................Brown
    ........Mcgregor turbull
    Christie...............elyounoussi
    Ajeti/griffiths

Probably the strongest team we have available in my opinion to hopefully prevent an embarrassment

17. World Champion

At the railroad bar, about seven o'clock.
    We'll get * *.

18. Bob Loblaw Gold Member Gold Member

Hard to see past a 2 or 3 nil Milan win, despite them being far weaker than the teams of old. Usually I'm pretty optimistic about Europe, but with our form I have no expectations.

Maybe they'll surprise us.

19. stew37

Really want a strong performance, the attitude has to be right. Some folk saying they don't care about this after Saturday which I understand, but we need to see a reaction. Don't want to see any make shift strikers or any of that pish, sick of it. Play players in their right position. Obviously don't want a drubbing, but I'm much less fussed about the scoreline than I am about wanting to see some urgency and desire to actually get to the ball, put challenges in and maybe hit a few shots or display some imagination in in the final third. Start Turnbull.

20. monthehoops1888

We will beat them:champ: