1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Is NL the Man for 10IAR?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by martin_d, Oct 17, 2020.

Discuss Is NL the Man for 10IAR? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. DuffyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Petrov/Calmac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    lonesome boatman
    If that was the scenario that played out, i think everyone would be too busy celebrating 10 in a row to pay any attention too someone desperately claiming that he/she told us so. But if that's yer idea of fun, all the best to ye.

Rydo1888*, Keano88, lennon11 and 10 others like this.
  2. ede

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    It is not just this game. He has been * for a long time and have probably taken the team backwards since taking over from Rodgers. I wanted him gone after the Ferencvaros defeat as that was a game we should have won and he * it up by not playing a striker when we had Klimala and Ajeti fit and on the bench. Fed of him * up the Champions League qualifiers every year and now he is gonna * up the 10IAR. The games this season has been dreadful to watch. We are so static and have xero creativity. Seems he cannot motivate the players.

I honestly don't think he will walk. He is too smart to leave, he knows he is shte and wont get a bigger job if he left.
    The board won't do anything too, at least not until his next big * up. By then we probably would have lost the league.

Noskeil and Sgt Neppers* like this.
  3. ede

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Winning the league/10IAR would be amazing irrespective of whether it is Lenny or someone else in charge.

Even if he was to win it, I still hope he leaves

lennon11 likes this.
  4. dmccourt95

He’s not going to magically become a better manager or start doing the preparation he’s never done before in his career after 10 years. His dinosaur style clearly isn’t working with the players anymore

lennon11, Sgt Neppers* and Noskeil like this.
  5. wulliebad

Last chance for me,give him a few more games to get all strikers match fit and see how we do then,no huge improvement by xmas then get him gone.

Gully Sands likes this.
  6. SkyeCelt

We play *, static football. Lennon was a decent interim choice, but he should never have been given the job full time.

Ewang83 and martin_d like this.
  7. StevieBhoooy!

Door
    Bye!
    Now

8. charlietully

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    I will hedge my vote until I see what Thommo has to say on Twitter about 10 o clock tonight....

9. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Naw. That is very naive I'm afraid. Plenty of * on here would put being "proved right" above Celtic winning the league.

10. jafa

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    I keep thinking back to the comments that were made when Delia came in. He couldnt believe how unfit the players were and the diets they had been doing. I wonder if the players are being allowed to slip back into their old ways as Lenny doesnt worry about this side of the game .In other words, hes not into the modern aspect that gives you that extra edge.

Ewang83, martin_d and ede like this.
  11. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    He isn't ideal, I'm not over the moon, but he is going nowhere.

We have a squad capable of winning, they need to get their finger out too.

Buckle up fholks

Jacob knows, Doogs. and Sydneysider like this.
  12. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

This is exactly why I was so worried when he got the job after beating Hearts in cup final.
    Loads of players have alluded to his lack of coaching and tactics, and even Lenny himself says he 'doesn't do tactics' ... * incredible statement that.
    The lack of professionalism was always gonna creep back in.

Ewang83, Keano88, Noskeil and 2 others like this.
  13. ede

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Thats a very good point. But the team doesn’t look unfit, just seem there is no passion or lack of motivation.
    Even after we conceded, there was no one willing the tram to go forward. We still played square passes between defence and midfield like Lenny did a lot in his day

14. jafa

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    TBF, if we had scored the equaliser quite soon afterwards with the Elyounousii attempted lob, who knows what the outcome could have been.

Theres definetly something missing at the moment, and we all have different opinions on what to change. The fact that the three payers in our team that touched the ball more times than the rest were our 3 defenders. That cant be right. Unless we are in control of the game and were 2 up!

15. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Lets just see if he can win the next ten league games in a row

Noskeil likes this.
  16. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    Yeah because our "fans" don't come out wirh i told you so patter everytime we lose. :56:

If we go on 20 game winning streak we won't hear from them.

17. scott87

That’s like asking if Jennifer Aniston is going to swipe right when she sees me on tinder the night! Fcukin no chance!

18. TheHappyLoss

Bold statement

Smithy likes this.
  19. Gil-Scott Heron

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    I think what is unfolding is yet another example of the board's play-it-safe policy, hoping to achieve the necessary without taking any risks.

The problem with that is that you're going to get found out pretty quickly, and end up being the masters of your own misfortune, snatching defeat from the jaws of victory from an almost invulnerable position.

This attitude has cost us numerous CL group places, millions of Euros and two superb managers in Strachan and Rodgers.

2 years ago, 10iar looked like a formality. We were so far ahead of Sevco in every way that it seemed all we had to do was turn up.

This helped to influence the decision to give NL the gig in the shower after the Scottish Cup Final - an embarrassingly *, cheap, myopic and reckless move. Take the easy option as the job is pretty much done seemed to be the prevailing notion.

Not so.

Rodgers wanted to take us further as he had done all he could domestically. I wholeheartedly believe that he would have delivered the Holy Grail and done so with ease if he had have had the backing of PL, however his and Lawwell's projected outlooks were very different, and their professional relationship broke down as a result.

Mr. Frugal won that battle and now here we are, almost halfway through one of the most important seasons in our history and we're looking utterly shambolic.

If things don't change quickly, we're staring down the barrel of quite possibly the most colossal failure our club has ever experienced, and the fallout doesn't bear thinking about.

20. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    That’s a fair assumption. And as much as it pains me to say, I think the case would be the polar opposite at Sevco, can’t see Gerrard not having implemented a premier league standard nutritionist.....

bkk bhoy likes this.